Need a good 24" monitor

wtburnette

2[H]4U
The caveat is that I need to get it from Amazon due to having gift card balances there.

I purchased a Dell U2412M from there and I really like it. Unfortunately, Amazon has really jacked up the price (as has everyone else in the marketplace). I bought mine when it was around $279 and while Amazon has it listed at $296, they are temporarily out of stock, meaning they're phasing it out and F U if you want one from them. Not sure I trust any of the other marketplace resellers as I'm not sure if the great Amazon return policy applies to them or not.

Originally, I had ordered an Asus PA248Q, which I wanted for the USB 3 hub, as well as a display comparable to the U2412M. However, after having it on order for 2 weeks (it was temp out of stock) I got the cancellation email from Amazon today and the other resellers have it for like $400 now (F that, I'm not paying more then $350, period).

So, now my question is, are there other good, 24" monitors with 1920x1200 res, height adjustable stands that don't have glossy screens that I can choose from, preferably either in stock at Amazon, or for around $300 at a vendor who has a great return policy?

My other option is to buy two 1080p monitors (yuck) and use them together (this is for my work system), but they have to have height adjustable stands and be no more then $400 for the both of them together. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

So, are there any other 1200p options that are reasonably priced? I'm starting to think no with so many views on this thread and no comments. :(

Well, thanks for letting me know anyway... ;)

I thought it was a long shot, but the [H] has some of the most knowledgeable people around, so I thought I'd give it a try...

HP ZR2440w seems to be a good alternative. However it's going to be close to breaking that $400 budget of yours. The Asus PA248Q seems to be the best one that's no more than 350, but out of stock everywhere. I realize how difficult it is to find the ones that fit your criteria, so it may explain the lack of responses from anyone else here. I would still wait a bit longer for the ASUS one to get back in stock unless someone else chimes in with better advice. There are a couple of them on eBay but with ridiculous buyout prices.

So, any idea if Amazon resellers adhere to the same return policy as ordering from Amazon itself? If so, I might have to order one of those HP monitors. There is one on the Amazon site for $369 with $14.99 shipping. With my $55 in gift certs, that will bring it down to ~$330. More then I was hoping to pay, but if it's a good monitor it may just be worthwhile. I'm going to have to research if the screen is glossy or has an AG coating, etc.

By the way, is it just me or have IPS LCD prices on the rise?

the dell is back to $273 on amazon

So, when I look at that deal, I find it's from a reseller called Battery Juice that I've never heard of. ~$295 with shipping and when I click on the return policy next to the reseller, it says to refer to the Amazon Return Policy. I'm assuming that means no questions asked returns just like usual for Amazon? If so, this might be my best deal as my $55 off would make this around $240 shipped.

I still don't understand WTF happened to monitor prices. They've shot up everywhere (at least the decent 1200p monitors, even with TN panels). :confused:

directly from amazon is $296 now and sold out, but yeah i never heard of those guys as a reseller either.

I still don't understand WTF happened to monitor prices. They've shot up everywhere (at least the decent 1200p monitors, even with TN panels). :confused:

16:10 is being phased out, sad but true. Eventually you'll only be able to find that aspect ratio on expensive specialty monitors. Based on what you're looking for you don't have many choices, I am in a similar position except I want one with a glossy screen (AG bothers my eyes) and VESA mounting.

16:10 is being phased out, sad but true. Eventually you'll only be able to find that aspect ratio on expensive specialty monitors. Based on what you're looking for you don't have many choices, I am in a similar position except I want one with a glossy screen (AG bothers my eyes) and VESA mounting.

Well, I realize that, but prices have shot up over the last month pretty badly. I wish I'd bought the Asus when it was $299 from Amazon on Black Friday, but I thought it would go down lower or be the same on CM. Now the price on it is stupid high :(

Oh well, I pulled the trigger on the U2412M from Battery Juice. I don't think I'm going to find a better deal anytime soon and for less then $240 shipped with my gift cards, it's even cheaper then the HP LA2405WG refurb I was looking at on eBay (that's what I'll be pairing this new monitor with in my office). I'll let everyone know how the experience is through Battery Juice.

Back