Need a game to play.

KoDt

Gawd
Something that will take awhile to play through

Morrowind and Knights of the old Republic are ideal examples

unreal 2k4 will own your life, but it doesn't seem that you like fps. If you have never played them, I would go with the baldurs's gate series, I just recently played throught hem again and it was a blast even thought he engine is really outdated.

Farcry was pretty long. If you're looking for an RPG you could check out something like Neverwinter Nights...but the single player on that game isn't anything special. If you want something that you could play for a really long time, but is a little bit more ADD-ed, you could get Unreal Tournament 2004. If you want something to play online, try Battlefield Vietnam.

yeah i own ut2k4, far cry, doom 3, bf1942 (used to play DC)
played a mexican copy of vietnam for a month or so on LAN after it came out.

played painkiller demos

play CS every once in a while

But yeah i want a long SP game with good story to play. I do like FPS games just played em all :) , but not really looking for a multiplayer game right now.

I tried playing BG2 once, got very hard. I just remember taking like 2 hours to set up my characters.. taht was depressing. Im sure the game is awsome, id have to get into it first tho.

NWN not a big fan, had a roommate buy it. SP kinda sucked. heard mp was good but wasnt my style.

Anyone played Syberia, looks like it could be pretty cool

ive just started playing Joint operations typhoon rising... its really nice. I like it more than BF:V but still not more than desert combat.

Gothic I/II would be right up your list.

I actually liked them better then Morrowind.
They are open ended kind of, but keep you on track following the story and keep you interested.

There's an expansion and a Part III coming out aswell.

arcanum is an oldie but still good ;)

planescape: torment is also quite old, but also magnificent.

I can't think of any new ones except KOTOR, and you've played that.

In the sometime future, Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines will be coming out, it looks badass. That will be a while though :(

Vietcong.

Best game of its kind made, period. Astounding multiplayer. Involving and thorough SP. Incredible attention to detail throughout. Buy the Purple Haze set, comes with the original as well as the Fist Alpha expansion. Definitely worth your money.

Ricedaddy said:
planescape: torment is also quite old, but also magnificent.
I couldn't agree more. Game truely kicked ass. I still have it, and am thinking about loading it up again, as i never beat it before (got into alot of shit with the lady, and would end up getting instafried if i did ANYTHING wrong)

Ricedaddy said:
In the sometime future, Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines will be coming out, it looks badass. That will be a while though :(

Vampire: Redemption was pretty good, and this one has been in the making for a while, so yeah.

Anyway, here's my list:
Far Cry - Simply kicks ass (until they do the mandatory strip you of your weapons thing, which usually isn't so bad (ie. HL and Deus Ex 1) but in farcry, i dispise it)

Alice - based on Quake3 engine, simply a great game. Fun, moderately long.

Painkiller - Its just fun, IMO until chaper 5 level 2.

Heroes of Might and Magic (any of them) i loved 2. Many people say 3 is the best, and 4 is also out. I like turn based strategy games, and this is probably one of the best series.

Deus Ex - The first one IMO is sooo much better than the second.

Planesace Torment - Probably one of the best RPG's ever. Its long, though. It came out several years ago and spanned 4 CD's, which was MASSIVE back then. From Black Isle, and i think its based on the same engine as Baldeurs Gate.

damnit,

already played half-life
max payne 1 and 2
call of duty
all the medal of honor games
all the MGS games on PS2
all the GTA games
all the Unreal games
Joint Ops (and all the delta force games too)
StarCraft + Brodwar
warcraft 3 + TFT
Diablo 2 + LOD
Halo
Deus Ex
Alice
Gitants: Citizen Kabuto
both serious sam games

mabye ive just played too many games ?

edit: im gonna try to blay a baldurs gate or planescape torment game.. or mabye icewind dale see if I can get into it. Cuz im sure they are awsome.

btw: already played baldurs gate dark alliance 1 + 2 and champions of norath on console <- loved em

Well, it seems like you've played most of great games of recent times, so how about going back in time a little bit. If you're into RPGs, I've got some great PS1 games to take up your time.

Suikoden 2. It's on the PS1 and it's one of my favorite games of all time. Great storyline, fun battle system, fast 2D gameplay. Plus, you get to build your own Castle and fill it with characters. The first game is good, and the third one I enjoyed, but a lot of people didn't. Sukoden 2 is definitely the best in the series, and the one I played first.

Final Fantasy Tactics. I'm sure you've heard of it. Again, great story, engrossing gameplay.

As for FPS games, it looks like you've played all the good ones...Shogo?

I dunno. Personally, I'm playing all my SNES games right, with a little Doom 3 in between.

Edit: Looks like you found some already. Oh well.

Doom 3 was actually pretty long, for what I was expecting anyway.

Perhaps you should do some preording... www.ebworld.com :D

STALKER should take some of your life away... maybe Half Life 2 as well.

Syberia is actually not that of a great game. It's your average game. It could be a lot better. How about such an old game called Dark Colony and its expansion (Council Wars). Good luck finding it. I have both and god they have such an engaging single player and it's very fun and challenging.

-J.

GeForceX said:
Syberia is actually not that of a great game. It's your average game. It could be a lot better. How about such an old game called Dark Colony and its expansion (Council Wars). Good luck finding it. I have both and god they have such an engaging single player and it's very fun and challenging.

-J.

Syberia I and II are some of the best adventure games in a LONG time imo.

The story is very very well told and the setting is gorgeous. It's a very memorable adventure game.

If you like adventure games I recommend:

Sanitarium
Dark Earth
Redjack
Blade runner
The longest journey(sequel being made aswell)
Syberia I/II

Does anyone remember Star Wars: REBELLION?

Holy crap that was one of the most addictive games I have ever played... once you get to understand the game.

Tons of replay value.

edited for grammar.

Final Fantasy VII, emulated or on a playstation.
(There isn't a lot of good things to be said about the PC port. A good emulator is much better in all ways.)
That's a long game.

Super56K said:
It sounds to me like you need to read some long books or series of books.

You know, I dont think its books he needs. Do you know what cut me down from "Full-Time computer gamer/nerd, to a part time gamer/nerd? No, not my job, but a girlfriend. Yes... what you need is a girl friend. Not just anyone, make sure you get one that wants to be with you 24/7 and that hates computers. Yes, that aught to do it.

Back