need a freeware program to convert .mkv to dvd

rcf1987

2[H]4U
not really sure where to look i have about 10gb of .mkv files i wanna burn to dvd and i cant find anything on google thnxs

hmm, go from mkv to dvd

will windows live movie maker do it?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

it looks like Windows live movie maker will

I have not actually burned it, but it will allow you to add a mkv to the software and click burn, i just dont even own any DVDs :D

it is going to take a while

Last edited:
Well...it's working, but taking FOREVER. Seems to be using just over 30% CPU usage. I need something that uses all 4 cores and the video card. :D

Well...it's working, but taking FOREVER. Seems to be using just over 30% CPU usage. I need something that uses all 4 cores and the video card. :D

I'm not sure mpeg2 encoding supports more then 2 cores.. But I could be wrong.

it took almost an hour on a 4Ghz i5 760. Then it failed at the burn stage because it made too large of files. :/

Badaboom took 20 minutes and looked better. They've yet to update it for fermi tho.

If u look close, you'll see a picture of a disc in the upper left corner. Audio's never been a problem for me cause I only shrink for phone and netbook. I really enjoyed using it because of the speed and quality. Both were outstanding. Its also the first xcode app I've used thats not a mess of a GUI.

I use convertxtodvd but keep original size.Then i use dvd shrink to reduce size.The quality is much better when dvd shrink processes it.gamegiveawayoftheday.com usually has some pretty good programs for this stuff,just check back daily.

Back