Gawd
Hey i just bought a nice set up.
780i
Q6700
P182
4GB Corsair 8500

The only problem is i was searching around for a good Graphics card deal
I was torn between a pair of 8800GTS or GTX's

That point is now irrelevant because my car needed 600 worth of repair after someone hit it.

Now i won't have the spare money (I could forgo the rent this month.....) to buy it.

Kinda looking for advice or someone who has a cheat PCIe card to just get some video.
Also, any recommendations once i do have the money which way i should go.

Everyone says the GTX for the reason of TriSli, but i've seen the benchmarks and its not worth the third card.

So yeah, feel free to tell me what ever you want.

My honest opinion would be to get a single 9600 GT. I saw someone with a link for 120$ after MIR. It will be more than enough to hold you. Probably hold you long enough to reach July/august when the GT200 comes out and you've got some money to blow again.

Please what ever you do, don't judge that card by the price. Go look at [H]ards review. It is simply unbelieveable the power that card has for the price.

9600gt. newegg has them for under $125 with small rebate $150 no rebates.

best thing to hold over till money gets better and next gen comes in summer.

8800gt. it can play any game out right now and will hold you over until the next gen cards

Hey i just bought a nice set up.
780i
Q6700
P182
4GB Corsair 8500

The only problem is i was searching around for a good Graphics card deal
I was torn between a pair of 8800GTS or GTX's

That point is now irrelevant because my car needed 600 worth of repair after someone hit it.

Now i won't have the spare money (I could forgo the rent this month.....) to buy it.

Kinda looking for advice or someone who has a cheat PCIe card to just get some video.
Also, any recommendations once i do have the money which way i should go.

Everyone says the GTX for the reason of TriSli, but i;ve seen the benchmarks and its not work the third card.

So yeah, feel free to tell me what ever you want.

Well, an excellent card to hold you over, can be either a 9600 GT or HD 3870. The 9600 GT does have a slight edge over the HD, but they are very similar in performance overall. But if you want more horsepower, for not much more money, there's only one choice: the 8800 GT 512.

As for what you should get when you do have enough money for a killer upgrade, well, we really don't know. The fastest thing you can get right now is the 9800 GX2, but rumors point to a GT200 based card release, in the summer. These rumors also point to specs that would make this single GPU based card, capable of matching and even surpassing a GX2, in performance. So, if you get the money in something like a month, the GX2 is the way to go (don't go with the Tri-SLI route). But if, when you get the money, this new GT200 based card is already out, and if it does prove to be a match or faster than a GX2, there shouldn't be much of a choice, unless RV770 proves to be faster.

i can only assume you meant ANYTHING other then a 8500gt....

He said he needed a video card, he never said what he wanted to run on it. I interpreted that as "find me a good card so I can use my computer until I can save up money for a gaming card."

He said he needed a video card, he never said what he wanted to run on it. I interpreted that as "find me a good card so I can use my computer until I can save up money for a gaming card."

He bought a 780i... there is only one reason people buy that board. And it's to SLI expensive cards for insane graphic power at high resolution.

The last guy got it, right now i've got like 80 bucks for this card.
I was looking at one of the HD series used.
Or get a 8600GTS used or something.
Just so i can get some COD4 in until my cash flow is back up again.
As for the GT200 series i'm a diehard EVGA guy, so which ever set of cards i got, i would step up.
regardless of the 8800GTS or 9800GTX

what it really comes down to is, which is the cheapest that will get me by.
HD3560 or 8800gt/s or is there some other viable option.
I just need it for gaming, i have my PS3 for my dvd and blu ray needs......

i was looking at the 9600GT, but the problem is my cash. its either have money to eat and drive to work, or game... saddly, i need the food.

I got an offer for $80 for a 8800GS, i think i'm gonna bite on it.
What is the feelings on that card?
Its that or a 8600GTS for $50.

If its between the 8600GT and the 8800GS, take the 8800GS. It is really good and overclocks nicely also. From reviews I have seen its not too far behind the 9600gt. Also nvidia is relaunching the 8800gs so its a card which will have a good amount of life in it. I would take the 8800gs if i were you, the 8600gt was pathetic.

So your saying that it is worth the 80 i'd throw at it? Because a month down the line i'll just sell it.

what are you using right now? could you wait a month without one? I personally think that it will hold you over for more than a month. What is your resolution?

well if you look at the top this was not the ideal situation.
I'm not using anything at home right now.
Currently i just post at work.
I can't really go without one because my girlfriend is sick of using out old, slow P4 aka "The Backup"
So yeah, its kinda important.

I would say then yes, buy the 8800GS. You can game with it verywell.

go the 8800GS route, use it also as your gaming card, play the games you want -except crysis maybe- and then when time comes in july, upgrade if u need too.

I see 8800GTs often within $20 of 9600GTs. I would say the 8800 is a no brainer if you can find a good deal.

I just got a Palit 8800GT for $159 from Dell (one day deal gone now), perhaps not the cheapest 8800gt, but my priority was quiet and stock cooler is very quiet.

I would look for a deal on an 8800gt first and if that was still too expensive then consdier 9600gt.

Well, an excellent card to hold you over, can be either a 9600 GT or HD 3870. The 9600 GT does have a slight edge over the HD, but they are very similar in performance overall. But if you want more horsepower, for not much more money, there's only one choice: the 8800 GT 512.

lol Ka? the 8800GTS is only around 15% faster than a GT, and the GT is currently around US$50 cheaper. I agree that th 9600GT is a nice option but the GT is a better "hold over" option than a GTS, at the very least you are missing a card.

The 9600GT beats the 8800GS for the same price so the GS is not a solid option.

The G8800T beats the 9600GT by around 15%-20, the 9600GT is around $40 cheaper, so its a personal choice issue.

yeah, but i've been getting offers on used 8800GS for 70-80 bucks, no one wants to let a 9600GT go for that much.

yeah, but i've been getting offers on used 8800GS for 70-80 bucks, no one wants to let a 9600GT go for that much.

I would take it. I don't see much of a point in spending more money for a card that you're planning to replace ASAP anyway. I think you should either get one card that you're going to use for SLi after you get money or go with that deal and save up for the SLi cards.

lol Ka? the 8800GTS is only around 15% faster than a GT, and the GT is currently around US$50 cheaper. I agree that th 9600GT is a nice option but the GT is a better "hold over" option than a GTS, at the very least you are missing a card.

The 9600GT beats the 8800GS for the same price so the GS is not a solid option.

The G8800T beats the 9600GT by around 15%-20, the 9600GT is around $40 cheaper, so its a personal choice issue.

?

Don't think you intended to quote me. I never even mentioned the GTS in my post and I recommended the 8800 GT 512 as the best card (with more horsepower) considering the price.

If that's your budget, then go for it. The GS is a good card. It trades blows with the 9600 GT, but starts to lose steam as you go up in resolution. Since it's only a temporary situation, the GS will be more than enough for your needs.

Back