Need a 27" monitor for 27" imac dual mon

prne10

Limp Gawd
I've been trying to price out a 27" monitor for a 27" iMac and I need suggestions on which models will best align with the height and look of the 27" iMac display.

If you have pictures of your set-up, it would be greatly appreciated.

TYIA!

27" for under $500 is going to be TN, which will be of a much lower image quality than your imac. Are you ok with that?

27" for under $500 is going to be TN, which will be of a much lower image quality than your imac. Are you ok with that?

I'm willing to consider it. It's going to be either a really nice 27" to set up the dual screen, or a $500 27" and a fairly nice LCD 50" TV.

I'll take both suggestions.

Apple supposed to announce a 27 inch lcd tomorrow. It'll be pricey though. You might want to check it out.

Apple supposed to announce a 27 inch lcd tomorrow. It'll be pricey though. You might want to check it out.

I certainly will, but seeing how much the 24" ACDs are right now, the 27" is probably going to be 1200-1500 I'd say.

I certainly will, but seeing how much the 24" ACDs are right now, the 27" is probably going to be 1200-1500 I'd say.

Considering the 27"imacs are 1499, i'd expect this to be around 899-999.

I'd go with the new 27" cinema display. It's slightly cheaper than the Dell, and it will match.

Yep. I just pulled the trigger on the new 27" iMac i7. This will be my first time using 27" screen, and I am upgrading from dual 22s. I think I'll wait and see how I like that much screen realestate before I go and drop 1k on a second display.

Good idea. Also, you might want to consider mounting a smaller monitor vertically next to the imac. A 19-20" would do the trick for cheap. It is nice to have that space to keep "always open" apps like chat, widgets, steam, etc. Also nice for viewing vertical documents.

Back