Need a 2.1 system for laptop/PC. Music will be the main use

@DuyNgn, i just noticed your post... Well, im glad you purchased the right speakers. I would get one M50W if i could ship it to Portugal. As i can't, i will go with the Cakewalk. :)

rather than create a new thread, I'll continue this one. I'm in Germany, so first off a thanks to Dankex for posting the link to the german dealer, I had only found the cakewalk speakers on amazon until now.

Those are currently my preferred solution, but I'm curious about what you guys think of the Corsair SP2500 speakers, other than them being much more expensive. ;)

Speakers are for music and casual gaming, serious gaming is done over headphones. ;)

It was mentioned that a good AMP + normal speakers will be the best sound quality. Any suggestions for a good AMP/Speaker combo in the under $300 range? Or at least a few good brands to focus on?

Would I need a sound-card with S/PDIF out, or even something other than that to use this kind of a setup? What kind of price-range would that land in?

Sure, no problem! Glad i could help. Will e-mail them today asking if they can get the speakers here, in Portugal, in time for Christmas.

Thank you, but i got the reply in Portuguese. Sadly, they do not have the Cakewalk available. :(
They recommended this one: Behringer MS 40 Multimedia Lautsprecher - any thoughts on these?

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back