Neckbeard Blows Away Mom Over Broken Gaming Headset

Discussion in '[H]ard|OCP Front Page News' started by Kyle_Bennett, Jan 12, 2018.

1. bugleyman

bugleyman Limp Gawd

Dude...no one is defending him. We're just pointing out that people are making assumptions ("he was a deadbeat loser leeching off his parents") that can't be logically inferred from the story. No body is suggesting this guy isn't sick, or that he doesn't deserve what he's going to get.

Is the distinction really so hard to grasp? :confused:

2. Gigus Fire

Gigus Fire 2[H]4U

Yeah, it's called assumptions and opinions. I'm free to be irrational as i'm a human being.

3. bugleyman

bugleyman Limp Gawd

Personally, I try to be rational, and assume that others do the same. I wasn't trying to cramp your style. ;)

4. atp1916

atp1916 2[H]4U

Dude will get wacked in prison.

5. KarsusTG

KarsusTG 2[H]4U

This. Not only earning 20% less, but housing costs are almost double.

mesyn191 likes this.
  6. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis 2[H]4U

Ya it sucks. Stuck in a condo with my wife because the average house in Toronto is just under $1 million.

mesyn191 and travm like this.
  7. tetris42

tetris42 2[H]4U

Oh I could see him having a job, he may not be a deadbeat, but at the same time it's naive as all hell to propose scenarios where this guy is "taking care" of his elderly parents because "we don't know." Taking care of your family is an altruistic act. Altruistic people generally aren't the type to kill people they're taking care of because they get pissed playing Call of Duty or whatever he was playing. If you feel like you can't make that assumption, I think you haven't had enough life experience to see how good people v. assholes generally act. Everybody has bad days, but the type of person who takes care of their family isn't even going to come close to doing what he did, no matter how frustrated they are.

8. bugleyman

bugleyman Limp Gawd

Holy CRAP. That's worse than much of California.

9. c3k

c3k [H]ard|Gawd

Everything...in California jurisprudence.

painintheworld likes this.
  10. doz

doz [H]ardness Supreme

Got a link to that video?

11. KarsusTG

KarsusTG 2[H]4U

Ya. It's hard to compare to your parents when there is such a GIANT monetary rift between the generations. My adopted parents purchased their house for just over $60k in the 80's, which is somewhere in the ballpark of $115k in todays dollars. Today the lot alone is worth $450k. I make far more than the majority of the people in this country and couldn't realistically afford to buy a house anywhere near there. Just to afford the lot alone, you would have to make over $8k/month net income, which puts you firmly in the top 10% of earners in the country.

12. Stryker7314

Stryker7314 Limp Gawd

When Europe sends its people, they're not sending the best. They're sending people that have lots of problems and they're bringing those problems.

13. Gigus Fire

Gigus Fire 2[H]4U

8k a month is 96k a year (gross). You should be able to make this with a stems degree in 5-10 years of working. It's not out of reach.

There's just a few things. House prices are relative to the area. You can find a good (high) paying job in lets say texas and afford a nice home more than you could in lets say san fran or other high property areas (nyc for example). Sometimes it's worth moving to a place where your money goes further and taking a small cut in your gross salary.

14. Randall Stephens

Randall Stephens [H]Lite

So, how about those gpu prices?

Patton187 and Stryker7314 like this.
  15. Dekoth-E-

Dekoth-E- [H]ardness Supreme

Cases like this are where it is unfortunate States like California don't have the death penalty. Sorry but there is no reason at all to keep this waste of flesh and air alive.

Travolta likes this.
  16. LostManHere

LostManHere n00bie

California has the death penalty.

The politicization of [H] is getting really tedious.

gtrguy likes this.
  17. KarsusTG

KarsusTG 2[H]4U

No, you need to net 8k/month or 96k a year. That is 135k a year gross, and again, that is just the lot...

Housing prices in general are just waaay over the top if you don't live in a rural area.

It's true. When you move there, the life begins slowly getting leached from you day after day.

Travolta and mesyn191 like this.
  18. DoggyDaddi

DoggyDaddi Gawd

[QUOTE=" many families live together these days. It has nothing to do with one's character, [/QUOTE]

Maybe not, but a 28 year old playing video games in his bedroom during the day in the middle of a work week, then throwing a tantrum and screaming, then elevating that tantrum to breaking things and threatening to killing people, THEN actually killing people...

Yeah, that does....

19. Krenum

Krenum [H]ardForum Junkie

Hope he gets the death penalty. Just before they inject him, they let him know there's no save option.

sleepeeg3 likes this.
  20. Azphira

Azphira [H]ard|Gawd

He needs to hire Matt Gonzalez as his defense lawyer. The people of California can then use his acquittal as a statement against video game violence.

21. travm

travm n00bie

You mean GTA?, good luck getting a house in Toronto for under 1 mil.
    My parents offered to sell me their 15 year old house for double they paid to build it, and when I laughed at them they said well we'd get more than that if we sold it on the market. They weren't wrong. Also no way in hell I would do that.

22. Krenum

Well, bless your heart. I'll trade you your condo for my 900 square foot Apt?

23. exlink

exlink 2[H]4U

24. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis 2[H]4U

Fine, my condo is 720sqft would love a second bedroom.

25. Nolan7689

Nolan7689 Gawd

Could be worse, you could be in Vancouver. I’ve got a friend that way and she pays out the nose for rent and has to have a roommate...in a basement suite.

I’m lucky, rural Michigan. Much cheaper and I still balk at the average prices....I’m a cheap fuck though.

26. 1_rick

1_rick Limp Gawd

A multiply-deported illegal alien claims he picked up a gun he found lying around on a bench, on the boardwalk in San Francisco, in broad daylight, and it went off in his hand. The bullet killed Kate Steinle, who just happened to be in the bullet's path. The killer was (to be fair, probably fairly, as far as the specific crimes he was charged with, and the fact that the DA, grandstanding, went for more serious charges than he could prove) acquitted.

27. Krenum

Does it have a nice view at least? :)

28. Vader1975

Vader1975 Limp Gawd

He is loud and yelling at a video game (we've been there) relative or friend etc shows up checks on you (we've been there) we throw or smash headset desk keyboard mouse chair...(sadly we've been there)... but where the hell is going to obtain a gun and threatening relatives come from this scenario? That is such a unbelievable leap. The comments that he went obtained a gun threatened them afterwards shot a couple times then shoots his own mother in the head? This wasn't some snap reaction or oh shit moment. He did this crap on purpose. My God that is insane. l just have no words. What a tragedy. The poor father.

Chupachup likes this.
  29. MavericK

MavericK Zero Cool

Again, I am familiar with that case, but it has nothing to do with this incident or thread.

Stryker7314 and scan13 like this.
  30. Bigbacon

Bigbacon [H]ardForum Junkie

waiting for my wifws brother to do this. He is 30, stupid as shit, snaps at everything. Babied his whole life.

31. Makaveli@BETA

Makaveli@BETA 2[H]4U

I don't know any woman that would be with a man that is still living with his parents at close to 30. Unless they are engaged to be married and saving for a house.

But its clear this guy has mental issues to kill his mom over a headset she probably bought him.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  32. Nanogrip

Nanogrip Limp Gawd

Sad story. He could have had some better outlet to release his stress and anger such as gym or other activities. I like the story tag (y)

33. Chupachup

Chupachup Limp Gawd

Make sure he's wearing his POS headset before they close the door to the gas chamber. Mortal Kombat's "FINISH HIM!" blares through them as they drop the pellet;)

34. tangoseal

tangoseal [H]ardness Supreme

He is going to be raped and then mutilated with a shank by inmates because he is a coward and a 28 year old living with his mommy. Good riddance. Save the taxpayers money and dump him 500 miles in the ocean with a bottle of water and a power bar and let him be.

35. painintheworld

painintheworld [H]Lite

Serious question,not belittling or castigating at all...if 1/3 live with their parents, wouldn't that greatly reduce the debt load of that 1/3, in turn skewing the economic numbers in the opposite direction?

36. sleepeeg3

sleepeeg3 [H]ardness Supreme

If you're 28 and living in California, you are almost certainly living in someone else's house. Too expensive to buy anything here anymore.

Stryker7314, mesyn191 and Nunu like this.
  37. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis 2[H]4U

NO!

38. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics I don't get it

Well not really, however if there are children in the house that end up "doing damage" as a result then the owner of said guns can be held liable for neglect. Mind you when I say children I don't mean 28 year old neckbeards living it Mom & Dad's basement.

39. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics I don't get it

Yup, and if you live in New York it's super crowded with very little open space...

Way to generalize.

40. Nunu

Nunu [H]Lite

This guy was batshit crazy, and should get the max penalty possible. Living at home does not mean people kill their families, Case in point, a friend of mine is in between jobs. I am not worried for him because of his skill set ( he will do very well on his next one). In the mean time however, he left his apartment in encino and $2600 rent for his family's valley home. He lives in their spare bedroom while going on various job interviews. He's 36 years old, plays some video games and has a normal life.

Tags: