Neckbeard Blows Away Mom Over Broken Gaming Headset

Discussion in '[H]ard|OCP Front Page News' started by Kyle_Bennett, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Kyle_Bennett

Kyle_Bennett El Chingón Staff Member

Sad sad "gaming" story out of California last night. Not much else to say.... Thanks to cagey for the linkage.

A 28-year-old Ceres man is being held without bail after police said he fatally shot his mother in the head, blaming her for breaking his video-game headset during an argument.

Investigators determined Matthew Nicholson had been in his bedroom playing video games when he got upset and started yelling. When his mother went to check on him, he began to argue with her and ended up breaking the headset to his video game, police said.

Nicholson then blamed her for the broken headset and threatened to kill the victim and Nicholson’s father.

2. Gigus Fire

Gigus Fire 2[H]4U

28 year old man living in his parents house. Probably enabled him to be like that.

Sikkyu, Raekwon, Hop-Scotch and 14 others like this.
  3. nutzo

nutzo [H]ardness Supreme

He's going to be dealing with much worse than a broken headset while he's in prison.

Since this is California, he'll be out in a few years and won't have to worry a broken headset then either, since he'll likely be homeless since he killed his enabler.

AceGoober, JDanser, lostin3d and 6 others like this.
  4. Goodlookinguy

Goodlookinguy [H]Lite

No. There are plenty of people living with their parents who aren't shooting them over a broken headset. It sounds like he had a pre-existing mental illness. The fact that he became upset then redirected it onto someone else at that age, suggests mental illness. I'm not excusing his behavior, but want to clarify that living with your parents does not make someone "enabled" or not. I was kicked out at 18 so this isn't personal experience, but experience of some people that I know. They certainly aren't getting upset and shooting anyone.

5. c3k

c3k [H]ard|Gawd

For his sake, I hope he's not a fully documented citizen. I mean, he probably only thought it was a game gun, right? How was he to know how it worked? And, having his cis-gendered mother trigger him like that, it's a wonder he kept it tight for so long.

California is lost.

acairman, JDanser, spikeline and 8 others like this.
  6. 1_rick

1_rick Limp Gawd

Calfornia's got gun control, right? How'd this guy get a gun? Obviously we need moar laws!

More seriously, could be something like undiagnosed schizophrenia, although I think at 28 he's past the age it would normally develop.

primetime likes this.
  7. mcravenufo

mcravenufo [H]ardness Supreme

Probably been lectured his whole life by his mother and just snapped.

8. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics I don't get it

81 year old father? 68 year old mother, 28 year old son... there's someone who was a "(un)happy little accident" or parents who really screwed up with their life plans and went way too late with this.

As to him living at home, yeah... this is central valley California, not the "OMG no one can afford to live here" California, so he should have been out on his own, but I guess when you have a kid that late in life you tend to coddle him more.

9. MavericK

MavericK Zero Cool

What the fuck does this have to do with anything?

BiH115, Rizen, Trimlock and 16 others like this.
  10. exlink

exlink 2[H]4U

Of course people are quick to start gun control arguments. :rolleyes:

No where does it say it was his handgun. The article only state, "He retrieved a handgun from the home and fired two rounds into an inside wall and then shot his mother in the head."

The handgun could've been the mother's or father's who improperly secured the firearm in their home which would be a violation of existing law.

11. Chunder

Chunder Limp Gawd

http://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-gun-show-deaths-20171023-story.html

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...rm-violence-in-california-study-idUSKBN1CS2P8

With the economy and housing market that the previous generation created after taking advantage of generous assistance and opportunites that they later decided was no longer ok once they were done with it, many families live together these days. It has nothing to do with one's character, it's just the smart financial call to make. The American Dream isn't real for a large majority of Americans anymore.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    Rizen, Bigshrimp, Wierdo and 7 others like this.
  12. lcpiper

lcpiper [H]ardForum Junkie

In Cali you have to properly "secure" your guns?

13. Hallucinator

Hallucinator Limp Gawd

Yesteryear and Millennium doesn't mix very well under one roof as it seems....

14. Hagrid

Hagrid Kyle's Boo

That is what I was wondering... WTF

15. lcpiper

lcpiper [H]ardForum Junkie

Right acrossed the border in Arizona, wear it on your hip in the open, put it in your pocket concealed, if someone can tell so what, put it in your car no problem just have a holster or a lock box for it. And there is no need to "properly secure" your firearms in the home in AZ.

In Arizona, guns aren't criminals, criminals are.

"That gun might shoot someone, better lock it up"

OK, In all fairness ........

Thank God we have a system where the States can be different, one size don't fit all

BiH115, Travolta, hlfbkd420 and 2 others like this.
  16. Hagrid

Hagrid Kyle's Boo

Yeah, I live in AZ. :) Thanks god.

From what I read it is ok in Cali to have the gun in the open as long as there is nobody under 18.

Under 18, they should be trained/showed about guns and that they are not toys. This guy just went a bit nuts.

Travolta likes this.
  17. Zarathustra[H]

Zarathustra[H] Pick your own.....you deserve it.

...or maybe People just think that if you own a device designed to kill people you should be responsible for making sure it doesn't fall into the wrong hands?

Statements like these are just so ridiculous. No one in the gun control camp believes that "guns are criminals" or that "guns kill people". They do however recognize that owning a firearm gives a person an increased power to kill, and with great power comes great responsibility.

It makes perfect sense for gun owners to be responsible for making sure criminals, terrorists and the mentally ill don't get their hands on their guns. After all, 100% of illegal guns start out as legal guns. The supply comes from somewhere...

It's a mixed blessing. On the one hand it allows People from different states to make the decisions about things that best suits them.

On the other hand it always undermines the ability of states in favor of stricter control of things to be able to do so.

Live in a tough gun control state and want a gun and don't care about it's legal status? Just drive 20 min across state borders and buy one there.

Live in a state where pot is illegal? Just drive 20 min across state lines to a legalized recreational state and buy as much as you want there.

Same with credit cards and car insurance. It's no coincidence that these companies are typically located in the same state, especially when they can sell across state lines...

With no border control between states it thus becomes a race to the bottom. The state in favor of the least control on something usually wins.

18. RogueTadhg

RogueTadhg [H]ard|Gawd

Because everyone who lives with their parents are crazies. If I could, I would move back in with my parents. Think about all the money for rent, utilities, cable that you normally spend on bills. I could use that money to fix or pay off my car - both probably! Save up money for a mostly paid house, a new business,... If you've racked up a lot of debt due to college years, spending time at home to help alleviate the pressure of debt is a good idea. In some cultures, living in a multigenerational home is normal.

Because your parents did or did not do something doesn't mean you're automatically determined to be a certain, negative way and become a victim. I want your pity. Poor me! Fuck you and fuck your laziness, you poor excuse for meat sack. Argh. I really hate when people use excuses for something they did and can't really take credit for what they did - good or bad. I grew up in the slums so I'm immediately going to turn into a life of crime! My parents are rich, black folk so I'm going to sit around and suck on their money until I die! My dad beat my mom so I'm going to grow up to be a wife beater! etc. You can choose to be something else. You can decide to grit your teeth and be someone else. You can become anything if you're willing to put the work and sacrifice for it. With luck and persistence, you can get there.

Chunder likes this.
  19. mullet

mullet [H]ard|Gawd

WTF is going on with our youth today!!! This is insane.

Can any of you young guys shed any light on that is going on in this country? Between the mass shootings and this crazy shit of killing parents/people over such tiny minute trivial crap.

20. MavericK

MavericK Zero Cool

My guess is kids learning social and coping skills from 4chan instead of their actual parents and peers.

21. Kdawg

Kdawg Gawd

If a man his age helps with the chores, cooking, and other shit around the house, then he would be justified living with his parents.

But this dude is just a basement flunky who can't differentiate reality from Call of Duty, and blew his mom's brains out.

Future parents should really learn from this and have their kids go outside more.

22. bugleyman

bugleyman [H]ard|Gawd

Absolutely nothing, but in hyper-partisan land there's no tragedy that can't be politicized, and everything is the other side's fault.

23. thesmokingman

thesmokingman [H]ardness Supreme

That's some fucked up shit.

Krenum and viscountalpha like this.
  24. Gigus Fire

Gigus Fire 2[H]4U

Where in my post did i say all or some or even a select few people do that? I made a factual statement followed by an assumption.

I have a strong feeling that he had multiple instances of violent tendencies beforehand. I have a strong feeling that he was a powderkeg waiting to explode. And i have a strong feeling that his parents enabled this behavior without trying to correct it, or seeking professional help to get it corrected.

25. bugleyman

bugleyman [H]ard|Gawd

...and I have a strong feeling you have no idea whether any of that is actually true.

That's why the world should operate on logic and evidence, not feelings.

26. tetris42

tetris42 2[H]4U

It's just publicized a lot, so even if it's 0.0001% of people doing this, you'd think it's happening in every county due to how it's covered. It's basic perception skewing, most people fall for it. As for what's going on, the only big change now is a more depressed economy. Millennials earn about 20% less than Baby Boomers when they were the same age and about a 1/3 of them live with the parents. In general you'll see more tragedies happening at home since more need to corral together in order to make ends meet economically.

27. Kalabalana

Kalabalana [H]ard|Gawd

Guy playing games freaks out, mother doesn't like that he freaked out, freaks out on him most likely while he's still in a rage, breaks his headset, he freaks out more in response, threatens her, she doesn't bite, gets a gun, shoots two warning shots in a wall, she doesn't care, kills her.

Sounds like he controls his anger as well as his mother.
    Too bad a gun was in the house, oopsie!

This is a sad event for a variety of reasons. Let's refrain from mocking the family, people are not perfect.

28. cbroseinak

cbroseinak n00bie

I hope this guy was not a PC gamer

29. Master_shake_

Master_shake_ Little Bitch

Kathryn steinle.

30. MavericK

MavericK Zero Cool

Which has absolutely no similarity to this case other than that someone got shot.

31. Master_shake_

Master_shake_ Little Bitch

No kidding.

32. MV75

MV75 Gawd

Feminism happened. All these late in life babies that are popping out past 40 have either downs or autism.

33. Sparky

Sparky 2[H]4U

28yr old still living at home, playing video games.

34. Gigus Fire

Gigus Fire 2[H]4U

I have a strong feelings implies that's it's not factual, but rather based on other cases of similar nature.
    There's no operation going on here. I'm not taking any action other than giving my opinion. Opinions aren't based on facts, but rather guesses.

35. kinjo

kinjo Gawd

In fairness if you take the time to read the article, dudes dad is 81 and mom is almost 70. He may have been living with them to help take care of them. Odiously he has some serious mental health issues but it's funny how people just assume he is a deadbeat loser. Maybe he takes care of his parents because his siblings can't/won't maybe his mother is batshit insane and she finally pushed him past his limit; or maybe he is a loser leech who killed his mother out of no where. the truth is that there are way to many unknowns for anyone to make those kinds of judgements.

Chunder and Nolan7689 like this.
  36. Warsloth

Warsloth Limp Gawd

Wait. Wait...
    He lost a wrestling match to an 81 year old man. Oh, he's going to do well in the big house.

37. tetris42

tetris42 2[H]4U

And here I thought you could judge somebody as not being a stand-up kind of guy for shooting his elderly mother in the head for interrupting his gaming session. I guess that shows my biases.

painintheworld likes this.
  38. bugleyman

bugleyman [H]ard|Gawd

You're drawing conclusions not supported by the available data. You're free to do so, of course, but that doesn't make it rational.

mesyn191 likes this.
  39. bugleyman

bugleyman [H]ard|Gawd

Oh for heaven's sake stop equivocating. OF COURSE what he did was awful, but that doesn't make all of your assumptions about his situation correct.

Once again the Internet tops itself. *sigh*

40. Gigus Fire

Gigus Fire 2[H]4U

???
    It's very safe to assume anyone who kills their own parents with a gun and is living at home, goes into a rage because of a broken headset has multitudes of issues.

It's very safe to assume he was a deadbeat loser leeching off his parents.

It's not like he did this on mistake, it's sick. Don't try and defend the guy.

motomonkey likes this.
Tags: