NEC Summer Monitor Refurb Sale

The 20wmgx2 is great, but I'd spring for the Dell u2311h e-ips for $240 instead of the 2470wnx.
The dell offers better warranty and Displayport. That seals the deal.

One of these days I will have the money to spare for 1x3 20WMGX2 Eyefinity...one of these days...:(

I am not sure that it would be the best monitor for eyefinity, the besel is silver/gray and .75 inches thick. The controls also stick out on the bottom even though you can remove the speakers so portrait mode would suck too. That being said it is tempting to order another one as backup....

yeah, I just picked up another 20wmgx2 to add to the two I already own.

Now to wait 2-3 weeks for a 5870 + vga adapter and i'll be eyefinity-bound. Woo!

I think this monitor will do quite well with eyefinity. The gray bezels wont provide any real difference than black bezels imo. The fact that the bezels are there is the killer, not really the color, but i'll get used to it. They don't seem to be any thicker than other LCD's i've seen as well, but thats just from my experience. I dont plan to run portait mode either, so its fine.

For around $160 shipped, I don't think I went wrong. I happened to check the site before the summer sale and the price was around $340 or so, if I remember correctly. Crazy!

Glossy, clear 20wmgx2 quality in eyefinity ftw. Can't wait!

Yeah, you really can't argue the price on these for eyefinity. I bought one at first to see if I would like it with the intent to order 2 more after immediately after receiving the first. However, it went OOS, and I got stuck with only one. So I had to buy 3x2209wa panels instead and built another computer for the 20wmgx2. :)

The 20wmgx2 is great, but I'd spring for the Dell u2311h e-ips for $240 instead of the 2470wnx.
The dell offers better warranty and Displayport. That seals the deal.

Except for the tinting issus the dell suffers from. I bought one and returned it for that exact reason. I have never owned the 20wmgx2, but I think I'll bite on get one as a secondary display

I never will! :D

LOL :D

i got 3 hp lp2465's from ebay, and another from geeks.com. geeks.com was 222 shipped, ebay ones were 599 total shipped. probably return the geeks.com one but i'm enjoying my eyefinity so far, just working out the driver bugs :). stable for the last 15 hours almost, so hopefully :)

I am not sure that it would be the best monitor for eyefinity, the besel is silver/gray and .75 inches thick. The controls also stick out on the bottom even though you can remove the speakers so portrait mode would suck too. That being said it is tempting to order another one as backup....

Just as an FYI, The 20WMGX2's controls can be unscrewed as well. You could tape them to the back of the monitor no problem.

The P221w's are amazing monitors. I got two during the winter sale and have been very pleased. I also picked up a refurb 3090WQXi about a month after I got the P221w's and I couldn't be happier.

Initially I wanted to eyefinity, but 2560x1600 is plenty for me at this point.

Just as an FYI, The 20WMGX2's controls can be unscrewed as well. You could tape them to the back of the monitor no problem.

Could you point to any instructions or images of the control removal process for the 2470WNXs? I took a glossary look at the back of mine and couldn't even figure out how to remove the back frame.

Could you point to any instructions or images of the control removal process for the 2470WNXs? I took a glossary look at the back of mine and couldn't even figure out how to remove the back frame.
I don't have access to that monitor, BUT! I did find this image. Lookin at that it appears that the 2470WNX uses a control panel very similar to my 20WMGX2.

My monitor is loooong out of waranty, so after reading the comment from the poster above who felt the monitor was not suitable for Portrait mode Eyefinity, I flipped it upside down to see if it would be possible to get the protruding controls out of the way. My monitor has 2 silver, button-head screws, one securing each end of the panel. Simply removing them allows the panel to drop out of the monitor's bezel leaving it attached by what seems to be a generous length of wire. Once I get my other 2 monitors I'll just tape the panel to the back of the monitor and slap a piece of electrical tape over the socket it came out of to keep dust out.

So I'd say for the 2470WNX if it has those screws you're probably in business.

Last edited:
Anyone's order ship yet? My 20wmgx2 is still labeled as "order submitted..."

I got it and opened the box....All four styrofoam corner mounts/packing are loose, the plastic bag covering the monitor is ripped, and the monitor has been free to bounce around in the box.

Not a good start.

I got it and opened the box....All four styrofoam corner mounts/packing are loose, the plastic bag covering the monitor is ripped, and the monitor has been free to bounce around in the box.

Not a good start.

That is how I received my 20WMGX2 refurb from the last sale (or the one before). However, no damage to the monitor and it has been going strong for 2 years, just can't re-use the box when I move.

Not a good start.

That's too bad. Mine came in Jan. with two solid pieces of flexible white foam suspending the LCD in the center of the box. Everything was in great shape and the LCD only had 30 hours on it. Not a single flaw, so far as I can tell.

Well they cancled my order for the black 20wmgx2s, so when I got the email i quick reordered the white ones. Looks at least one of them shipped yesterday so I guess we'll see next week.

uh oh. was it ok though?`

Seems like the monitor is very nice and OK.....however.....I seemed to have trashed my OS while installing drivers for a new video card. :rolleyes:

You'll have that after 1/2 a case of my pal Buddy-weiser. :D

Nice, got my 20wmgx2 today.

Packaged well as my last two and this one only has 67 hours in it and looks almost brand new! Now to wait a couple weeks for a 5870... can't wait!

I had a pipe dream of getting a 30" or 27" LCD. I am selling my 2407WFP, would this be a good "sidegrade" (2470WNX that is).

I had a pipe dream of getting a 30" or 27" LCD. I am selling my 2407WFP, would this be a good "sidegrade" (2470WNX that is).

It would be a near-exact sidegrade in terms of image quality. The 2470WNX and 2407WFP use the same Samsung S-PVA panel, I believe.

Nuuu!..I missed the 20wmgx2 >_<..I need one more for my eyefinity setup...::cries::

I got my 2470WNX in the other day. Great monitor, no dead pixels, bright as hell. But the packaging was kinda lack luster. It has a plastic bag around the monitor and a piece of cardboard >_>
Somehow it got to me without a scratch, so all is well :)

For those that picked up a 20wmgx2, if you decide to get rid of it, please send me a pm, still can't get my hands on a third for my eyefinity setup >_<.

We ordered 5 1990sx monitors and 2 2470's on Monday 6-7 and they arrived on Wednesday 6-9. The packaging wasn't all that great. The 2470's were loosely packed. The 1990's were ok. They all seem to be in good shape. The shipping cost was extremely high, over a hundred dollars for the 7 monitors.

Ugh, all the large-format displays are only 720. I can never imagine why in this day and age anyone would want a 56" display with a vertical resolution of only 720.

Ugh, all the large-format displays are only 720. I can never imagine why in this day and age anyone would want a 56" display with a vertical resolution of only 720.
They're probably intended as ceiling mount displays for malls and the like. Also these are refurbs being sold; most likely spares they no longer need since most of the sold ones are out of warranty; meaning several year old models. 1080p used to have a significant price premium.

So I guess you don't ship things often eh?

I know shipping is high, which is why when we order monitors, we usually look for free shipping deals. However, in this case the deal wasn't worth passing up.

anyone got a NEC LCD2470WNX

I bought one.

Nice picture, no dead pixels, and the stand does all kinda tricks....height, swivel, tilt and pivot.

I'm definately no monitor guru but it seems fine for the price.

Back