NEC PA322UHD

I was reading that this panel will have 120Hz @ 1080p but don't see it mentioned in the first review, and the second review says that some models have 120?

120Hz Support from an IPS-type Panel?

One interesting feature is the ability for the screen to support refresh rates up to 120Hz. Before people get too excited, this is only available up to a 1920 x 1080 resolution maximum, not at the full 4k resolution. Nevertheless, it is still interesting since this would be the first IPS-type screen on the market to support a higher refresh rate natively than 60Hz. This doesn't necessarily mean that this is going to be an amazing gaming screen though. It's not been deliberately built to offer fast gaming experience, it's more than it's taking advantage of the bandwidth possibilities of the connections and panel, and using that to offer a higher refresh rate when running at a lower resolution. Response times of this panel technology will need to have improved quite a lot if this 120Hz refresh rate is going to be practical, as we know from our tests of the Dell UP3214Q that average G2G was around 11.2ms in practice. This isn't fast enough to cope with a 120Hz refresh rate as you need to consistently deliver <8.33ms to make that viable. Even then, lower response times would be preferable to avoid too much blurring. That's not to mention any possible lag from the electronics and scalers which might affect gaming experience.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news_archive/31.htm#nec_pa322uhd

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Prad is generally the only site that reviews the expensive NEC monitors, unless they manage to get a hold of one it's extremely unlikely you'll see a decent review.

I was reading that this panel will have 120Hz @ 1080p but don't see it mentioned in the first review, and the second review says that some models have 120?

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news_archive/31.htm#nec_pa322uhd

Interesting to see how this performs in 120Hz mode. Not a bad idea to be honest. 4k on the desktop then slap it in 1080P mode at 120Hz to play your games on and due to the fact 1080P is exactly half of the native resolution it should not look too much of a sack of shit either.

Although i'd sooner have the middle ground MG279Q Asus at 2560X1440 to be honest.

I'm interested in that monitor, but how is the input lag/latency? Is it same/better/worst than the PA301W?
Prad's review talk about like 80ms which seems quite high to me, but the panel is 10ms when my PA301W is 12ms so i thought it should be at least good?

Back