nec nl2432hc22-22b LCD display (better sub-forum)

thedude42

Limp Gawd
Ok, going to try this again now that I took my head out of my arse and found the right forum to post this:

I have 10 nec nl2432hc22-22b LCD displays, touch screen, brand new. I haven't a clue about what controllers will handle this thing, but it has a ribbon connector p/n 35fpc06-d from NEC.

This thing is roughly identical to my ipaq screen in dimensions, and I know it was to be used in a handheald device of some sort.

My personal intention is to use it for a front display on a 4U server to provide system management/monitoring abilities on a touch screen display, but I have yet to go head long into the project as these things just kinda fell in my lap.

So, I am unleashing these little (possibly) gems onto the [H] community. If you want a couple of these to experiment with, let me know. I will try to work something out with you to get them to you. PM me if you're interested, you might be in my neck of the woods and so it would be much easier to test one of these things out.

Hopefully as time goes on we will be able to figure somethign out, and put together something really cool. If that is the case, well, I know where to get more of these things and more people can join in the fun. I'd hate to see something like this go to waste.

10 3.5" VGA touchscreens?! You suck... :)

That's awesome, man. Especially if you can use that controller that was linked. Looks like it works on USB 1.1 with a 12V supply. The catch is that I don't see anywhere with a price.

Good luck, and let us see how it turns out!

The site I linked is one primarily used for manufacturers to order parts to resell in their products. In other words, they're probably a tad pricey unless you order in bulk. The point of it is, they do have model numbers on the site which you can use to search for places that may have run across the item and want to sell it. I suggest trying the model numbers on ebay. WHo knows, you might find a hit.

Controllerless color displays are a pita. Someone needs to design a controller (USB interfaced ofcourse) and write software for it.
You could take this to the LCDStudio forum where the LCD geeks hang out :D

thedude42 said:
I have 10 nec nl2432hc22-22b LCD displays, touch screen, brand new. I haven't a clue about what controllers will handle this thing, but it has a ribbon connector p/n 35fpc06-d from NEC.

This thing is roughly identical to my ipaq screen in dimensions, and I know it was to be used in a handheald device of some sort.

My personal intention is to use it for a front display on a 4U server to provide system management/monitoring abilities on a touch screen display, but I have yet to go head long into the project as these things just kinda fell in my lap.

So, I am unleashing these little (possibly) gems onto the [H] community. If you want a couple of these to experiment with, let me know. I will try to work something out with you to get them to you. PM me if you're interested, you might be in my neck of the woods and so it would be much easier to test one of these things out.

PM sent. FYI that I am repairing some Universal MX-3000 Remotes that use these touch panels.

MjrStryker said:
What controllers do those remotes use for the touchscreens dzelt?

It looks like the NEC flat-pak surface mount chip that you pointed to in your link to the spec sheet for the NEC touch panel. I'm happy to post a pic of the motherboard, but cannot find a way to attach one to the post? I'm a noob here, so pix only allowed via links to external sites? FAQ seems to indicate otherwise, but I cannot find any attachment options to this post....

Well when I'm trying to share pics here I usually upload them to a free photobucket account and use the link from that.

Okay, that's fine. Just that the FAQ implies that attachments are possible, but I could not find the options it describes. Anyway, here's a pic of the main board:
mx3000-mbd.jpg

and a closeup of the controller chip:
mx3000-nec-ctrlr.jpg

Back