NEC FP2141 Focus Adjustment Tools

hardwired

[H]ard|Gawd
I wanted to tweak with the focus adjustment knobs on the side of my FP2141, so I heard you need a #0 philips head with a 5" shank to do it.
This is important for some people who say the focus is off from the factory.

well, i found a place that will sell a tool that will work in place of that rare-as-fuck 5" thing, for $3.

Sears. The Craftsman Professional 0x4 is just slightly longer than you need to do the adjustment, and its pretty good for doing the really precise turns you need to make.

I was able to get just slightly sharper-looking text out of my 2141, but for $3 i would say its worth it.

good stuff, good stuff.

Originally posted by hardwired
I wanted to tweak with the focus adjustment knobs on the side of my FP2141, so I heard you need a #0 philips head with a 5" shank to do it.

well, i found a place that will sell a tool that will work in place of that rare-as-fuck 5" thing, for $3.

Sears. The Craftsman Professional 0x4 is just slightly longer than you need to do the adjustment, and its pretty good for doing the really precise turns you need to make.

I was able to get just slightly sharper-looking text out of my 2141, but for $3 i would say its worth it.

good stuff, good stuff.

I guess you got luckier than I did with your monitor. My focus adjustments made a huge difference. I spent a good amount of time making sure it is the best though. It probably just means your came more adjusted out of the box than mine though.

i have to admit mine is not bad at all. but it does need a bit of an augmentation.

funny i was looking for this tool also. asking my stepfather about his massive array of tools. seeing if he has the possibility of one, thanks.

oh, btw, you would not happen to know the combination to access the service menu? according to another, that has posted before, it has more adjustable options.

can you explain your adjustments? what can i expect when i make them? if you dont mind?

Yes I would also like to know what shaihulud asked because my picture is very good but if it can be better that will be great. I always new about this but thought it could be done in navi soft. Guess I will go looking for that screw-driver.:)

Originally posted by hardwired

good stuff, good stuff.
Well for fucks sake. I was just wondering about this kind of shit. I could really use one of those because I want to make this 2141 of mine smack an LCD like its its bitch. Hell LCD's are already its bitch but why not solidify that point?

Any recommendations which way to turn them or something? I notice there are TWO things you can turn, and TWO holes in the side. Any idea which one does what? I would think one does vertical and onw does horizontal...

Correct me if I am stupid.

Originally posted by The Titan
Well for fucks sake. I was just wondering about this kind of shit. I could really use one of those because I want to make this 2141 of mine smack an LCD like its its bitch. Hell LCD's are already its bitch but why not solidify that point?

Any recommendations which way to turn them or something? I notice there are TWO things you can turn, and TWO holes in the side. Any idea which one does what? I would think one does vertical and onw does horizontal...

Correct me if I am stupid.

No need to cuss so much. I'm not exactly sure what the knobs do, but I do know how I used them. I first use the top one to focus in the center of the screen the best possible. The bottom knob i used to focus the edge of the screen in as best as possible. Of course one might change the results of the other just slightly, so keep going until your satisfied.

Originally posted by CyberCRAP
No need to cuss so much. I'm not exactly sure what the knobs do, but I do know how I used them. I first use the top one to focus in the center of the screen the best possible. The bottom knob i used to focus the edge of the screen in as best as possible. Of course one might change the results of the other just slightly, so keep going until your satisfied.
Actually that wasnt cussing a lot. Ok so its center and edge oriented huh? Cool. Just wanted to know that. Seems the left side of my screen is ever so slightly more blurry than the right.

Back