NEC Closeout $145 refurbished EA274wmi

You must have seen one of the signage displays or cheapo monitors at that price, not the professional Color Accurate PA's. With shipping the 27" PA272 was $430. I got the 30" for $476 and free shipping. Needed one for my business. Have over 11,000 hours on my old NEC P221W I've been using for printing (excellent monitor, too), and without this deal, definitely could not have afforded one this size. Thanks, OP! :D

Last edited:
I also got a FedEx tracking number for the 1080 27"

Did we ever find out if the prices were a mistake?

Some of these deals seem too good. Of course none
have tested the quality yet, so we could be getting lemons. :)

You must have seen one of the signage displays or cheapo monitors at that price, not the professional Color Accurate PA's. With shipping the 27" PA272 was $430. I got the 30" for $476 and free shipping. Needed one for my business. Have over 11,000 hours on my old NEC P221W I've been using for printing (excellent monitor, too), and without this deal, definitely could not have afforded one this size. Thanks, OP! :D

I also bought 30" inch for my wife. It came out $500 with sales tax after 20% off and free shipping. Yes, there are other options on the market but we've been using 2560x1600 16:10 since 2008 ant it is perfect for us. I tried Dell 34" 3440x1440 at Microcenter few months and it didn't feel right size/resolution wise.

Got the monitor! Installed... will post pics later. Unfortunately the screen looks jacked up at 1440p. Works okay at 1080p though. Might be a driver issue on my end. Pixels just don't seem to line up right or something. Almost looks like aliasing. Will try to work it out.

edit: pretty sure it's a cable issue. Using dvi-i SL need dvi-i DL

edit: DP WORKS, but the computer seems a bit slow. Like the mouse is lagging. Using a k620, so maybe that's the issue. I thought it'd be able to handle this easy though. It's within the specs. The refresh rate is at 30Hz.

edit: Thinking it's a cable issue still. Having some flicker issues at both 1440p 30Hz and 1080p 60Hz

Last edited:
Got the monitor! Installed... will post pics later. Unfortunately the screen looks jacked up at 1440p. Works okay at 1080p though. Might be a driver issue on my end. Pixels just don't seem to line up right or something. Almost looks like aliasing. Will try to work it out.

edit: pretty sure it's a cable issue. Using dvi-i SL need dvi-i DL

You do need DVI-D.:) Can you comment on the quality/freshness of your refurb?:D

I also bought 30" inch for my wife. It came out $500 with sales tax after 20% off and free shipping. Yes, there are other options on the market but we've been using 2560x1600 16:10 since 2008 ant it is perfect for us. I tried Dell 34" 3440x1440 at Microcenter few months and it didn't feel right size/resolution wise.

How do you get free shipping? I thought NEC killed the free shipping code from last week already? Thanks!

How do you get free shipping? I thought NEC killed the free shipping code from last week already? Thanks!

I e-mailed Andrew saying I would like to buy a 30" monitor since they could not send me two 27". He said he will apply the discount again. Very professional and helpful.:) He saved me $58.:)

Seems people are already flogging the monitors on Fleabay. This is why we can't have nice things.

EDIT: To clarify there are quite a number of various models which rarely appeared before, all of a sudden a cluster.

Last edited:
There aren't any on eBay that weren't there before this sale started though?

You do need DVI-D.:) Can you comment on the quality/freshness of your refurb?:D

Looks great! Screen has a few smudges on it but I think they will wipe off. Big improvement from my 24" 1080p monitor from the same family that I bought several years ago. Will have to get the proper cable to fully evaluate the performance. Basically looks new though.

Sad to see them ending up on eBay, but what can you do?

Last edited:
Looks great! Screen has a few smudges on it but I think they will wipe off. Big improvement from my 24" 1080p monitor from the same family that I bought several years ago. Will have to get the proper cable to fully evaluate the performance. Basically looks new though.

Sad to see them ending up on eBay, but what can you do?

Sounds great. Post some pics if you can. I should get mine next week.

Yes. Should be a nice upgrade over my aging P221W. I already have the necessary x-rite sensor and software to calibrate. Dude at NEC said most of the people who ordered these monitors likely did not even need a color managed monitor. For those that do wish to calibrate and don't already have the equipment, the "deal" may lose it's luster when they realize to get the best calibration they have to fork out $200 for the necessary sensor.

Seems people are already flogging the monitors on Fleabay. This is why we can't have nice things.

EDIT: To clarify there are quite a number of various models which rarely appeared before, all of a sudden a cluster.

Yep, crazy markups. One of the reasons why I don't shop at eBay.

where are you guys seeing the ebay listings? I see nothing for refurbs listed.

Got my 46" in today and just unpacked it. It looks brand new and while the packing wasn't what I'd hoped it also seemed adequate.

Something we may have not thought of before was that since these are professional displays they don't have any buttons or generally any way to control them. Unfortunately I left my laptop and serial adapter at work or I'd console in and see what I could do there.

Got my 46" in today and just unpacked it. It looks brand new and while the packing wasn't what I'd hoped it also seemed adequate.

Something we may have not thought of before was that since these are professional displays they don't have any buttons or generally any way to control them. Unfortunately I left my laptop and serial adapter at work or I'd console in and see what I could do there.

The 65 is pictured to have buttons and a remote. Maybe that remote will work on the 46?

The 65 is pictured to have buttons and a remote. Maybe that remote will work on the 46?

I missed that there was a small box on my porch and it magically contained a stand and remote and a 15ft vga cable :D

The monitor is a solid buy for $125, no question. If the 65 is this good, probably better, then I'll be an EXTREMELY happy camper.

I purchased 2 of the 65'' tv's. They are scheduled to be in Thursday! Also purchased the 30'' desktop monitor. Received it today and it looks brand new. Not a mark on it. Also say 0 hours of use. I'm not sure if Nec resets the hours before they are sold as refurbs or I just got lucky and received a new one. I'm a very happy customer so far.

I purchased 2 of the 65'' tv's. They are scheduled to be in Thursday! Also purchased the 30'' desktop monitor. Received it today and it looks brand new. Not a mark on it. Also say 0 hours of use. I'm not sure if Nec resets the hours before they are sold as refurbs or I just got lucky and received a new one. I'm a very happy customer so far.

I'm sure it's like Dell - says refurbished but brand new because of something. We've been running our refurbished 5 x 30 inch Dells for over 6 years. I can't wait to receive my NEC this week.

Yeah I'd be curious to see how these big panel displays turn out for you guys as if this sale rolls around next year, this might be where I make my next large format display purchase for the office.

Yeah I'd be curious to see how these big panel displays turn out for you guys as if this sale rolls around next year, this might be where I make my next large format display purchase for the office.

I will be sure to post pictures and details once I get mine.

I got my 65 earlier tonight but don't have room to bring it inside yet and unpack and test it. Damn thing is heavy!

I just got mine too today. Opened the box and this thing is huge, but no stand?!? Anyone that received the 65", could you guys check if it comes with he stand or not? If no, how or where to get the stand separately. Thanks

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
My EA274WMi arrived last night. NEC could have sold it as brand new, and I wouldn't have doubted them. Not a mark on it. I have it right next to my U3014 and U2412m and I'm liking the NEC the best so far.

Have to exchange my refurb EA274WMi. DP input was not working. Also was told over the phone you can't do 60Hz 1440p on the hdmi input.

They were helpful and are paying for the return shipping.

Can we get a ma freakin picture up in this joint?

This was such a deal, I want to seeeee!!!:D

Observe: EA231WMi and EA274WMi

Which is which???

Sorry they are both turned off. I would take another picture with the 27" on, but I just dropped it off at FedEx.

23529897896_fb4e53e981_c.jpg

Last edited:
I bought one of the 27" 1440p PA272 and it looks brand new. First I connected with using a DP to HDMI adapter from my old monitor, and could only get 1080p. I tried a cheap DP cable, and could only get 1440p at 30Hz.. So finally I bought an Accell DP cable and it works perfectly 1440p/60 with no issues at all. If you are having issues with a DP cable, it's probably a junk cable. Try an Accell or amphenol cable.

Colors and menu controls are incredible on this monitor. The only thing I'm slightly disappointed in is the IPS glow. You would think a high end monitor like this would have an a-tw polarizer. In case anyone else encounters this issue: these monitors are set to turn off automatically after 2 hours of sleep, but you can disable this in the advanced settings menu.

I also bought a P463 TV, which I plan on comparing to my current plasma. It just arrived today, so I'll have to report back.

I just received 302W and so everything works. The packaging was really mediocre in comparison what DELL offers. Display is gorgeous.

How do I check how may hours the monitor has been running for? Does it have a usage hours counter?

I bought one of the 27" 1440p PA272 and it looks brand new. First I connected with using a DP to HDMI adapter from my old monitor, and could only get 1080p. I tried a cheap DP cable, and could only get 1440p at 30Hz.. So finally I bought an Accell DP cable and it works perfectly 1440p/60 with no issues at all. If you are having issues with a DP cable, it's probably a junk cable. Try an Accell or amphenol cable.

Colors and menu controls are incredible on this monitor. The only thing I'm slightly disappointed in is the IPS glow. You would think a high end monitor like this would have an a-tw polarizer. In case anyone else encounters this issue: these monitors are set to turn off automatically after 2 hours of sleep, but you can disable this in the advanced settings menu.

I also bought a P463 TV, which I plan on comparing to my current plasma. It just arrived today, so I'll have to report back.

Interesting. Tech support didn't mention anything about that on the phone. They did say HDMI on the EA274WMi was limited to 30Hz at 1440p, however.

Back