NEC Closeout $145 refurbished EA274wmi

They sold out already on the 27 inch IPS. With the 20 percent, it brought it down to 290$. Slick deal guys are getting the same email so just be aware. Those guys don't sleep.

The 27" has been officially cancelled (ordered it last Friday). They gave a 20% discount on any refurb from now until Dec 15th, which is weak, as I'm guessing they're going to be smart and not list any great deals in that time frame. NEC drops the ball.

The 27" has been officially cancelled (ordered it last Friday). They gave a 20% discount on any refurb from now until Dec 15th, which is weak, as I'm guessing they're going to be smart and not list any great deals in that time frame. NEC drops the ball.

Regardless, 20% off without free shipping basically kills anything.

The 20% coupon code is pretty worthless. The free shipping code (which no longer works) was a better deal, not to mention they raised prices on many of the remaining items.

Feels like a bait and switch.

Woop, woop!!! Supposedly my EA274WMi-BK-R HAS BEEN SHIPPED. Pretty stoked, I hope it gets here in one piece. (and that the shipping info isn't some mistake)

edit: I also probably won't post about this next time I see it. I check their site somewhat regularly and feel partially to blame for crashing their site. Pretty sure this thread precipitated the slickdeals thing. Oops. NEC has great products and I'm sorry to see so much negativity regarding their website and handling of this.

Last edited:
Just got a shipping confirmation for two EA273WMI-BK-R's that I ordered on Saturday. EA274 was canceled, no surprise, and was given that 20%off coupon.

Did you use the free shipping code?

Yes, I used the free shipping code as well. Came out to $185 shipped with tax. Got real lucky but the whole checkout process was clunky. Wasn't expecting either to ship after reading all that but the 27" 1080p monitors actually shipped!

Are they automatically canceling the sold out orders? My EA274 order is still on hold and the charge is still pending on my card. I tried calling but they just transferred me to some guys voicemail.

Yes, I used the free shipping code as well. Came out to $185 shipped with tax. Got real lucky but the whole checkout process was clunky. Wasn't expecting either to ship after reading all that but the 27" 1080p monitors actually shipped!

I'm feeling extra salty towards NEC right now.

I had ordered the same monitor with free shipping on Friday, but it looks like they canceled my order. I'm wondering wtf as to how they chose who got a monitor if people who ordered later got them then people who ordered earlier.

I'm feeling extra salty towards NEC right now.

I had ordered the same monitor with free shipping on Friday, but it looks like they canceled my order. I'm wondering wtf as to how they chose who got a monitor if people who ordered later got them then people who ordered earlier.

Wow, yeah. They really gave you the short end of the stick there-- I had order# ending in 366. Hope they wouldn't have prioritized just because I ordered two... :confused:

Wow, yeah. They really gave you the short end of the stick there-- I had order# ending in 366. Hope they wouldn't have prioritized just because I ordered two... :confused:

My order number was 529330, though I can't look it up anymore now.

I got shipping notification for my EA274 today. I ordered on 11/27 around 1pm Pacific, if it helps anyone figure out how they selected who got what.

My order number was 529330, though I can't look it up anymore now.

I was 236, and got the December 20 code BS too. I reeeeeeally hope NEC takes the time to fix that godforsaken website of theirs. Not only is their inventory system broken, but the order checking is also a POS.

Last time I try to order from their site... or likely any of their monitors. Have a terrible taste in my mouth from this experience.

edit: I also probably won't post about this next time I see it. I check their site somewhat regularly and feel partially to blame for crashing their site. Pretty sure this thread precipitated the slickdeals thing. Oops.

Too late, that site's on my radar now. I like NEC products and I had no idea they had these sort of firesales. I don't care if it's refurbished, some of that stuff is too cheap to pass up. I'm going to be scouring their site next time I need a monitor for my business or a super cheap 65" TV for the conference room. :cool:

For now though, I'm moving on in my personal monitor shopping to brighter (much, much more expensive) pastures. My order was finally canceled today (ordered around 6:45 pm on Friday the 27th) and I got the 20% off coupon but I don't see anything else that I want.

The only thing I'm interested in at this point is one very specific 1920x1200 projector that they have up for 920-ish. The shipping cost shouldn't be too much, and 20% off would mark it down substantially. That being said I asked about that projector on AVSforums and no one even responded to my thread. I'm beginning to see that site as more and more useless.

http://www.necdisplay.com/p/multimedia-projectors/np-pa500u-r

This is what I'm interested in, but I don't know if it'll be an upgrade from my BenQ W1070. Does anyone know anything about it? I can't find much info about it online.

You're looking at a business projector vs a home theatre projector like you have now. You shouldn't buy it. It's meant for business use (where brightness is the main concern) and doesn't come with a lens. They're not cheap ($2k each). You're finding next to no info on it because no consumer would be buying it in their right mind.

AIT logistics has picked up my monitors from NEC. ETA next thursday. Wow. I'm in shock right now.

edit: just did the math. the 65" is over 12 sq ft of screen area. I can't friggin wait to see it. Ive never seen a screen that big outside of best buy.

Last edited:
You're looking at a business projector vs a home theatre projector like you have now. You shouldn't buy it. It's meant for business use (where brightness is the main concern) and doesn't come with a lens. They're not cheap ($2k each). You're finding next to no info on it because no consumer would be buying it in their right mind.

Took me a while to look at it and realize it didn't come with a lens. Thanks for pointing that out (not that I was planning on buying one, anyways).

That's weird, no lens... it was kind of vague on whether it came with them or not. I know what part you read that made you think that, but some of it was ambiguous to me. Anyway, I was just curious if this was a model that coincidentally had good home theater performance along with its business performance, because I do think a lot of these projectors essentially started out as stuff you'd see in a conference room. So sometimes I can't tell whether they're really just for business use or not. Many things might work for both.

AIT logistics has picked up my monitors from NEC. ETA next thursday. Wow. I'm in shock right now.

edit: just did the math. the 65" is over 12 sq ft of screen area. I can't friggin wait to see it. Ive never seen a screen that big outside of best buy.

Lol, I'm gaming on a screen that's over 150 inches. I love my projector. When my friends come over and we play split screen, each of us have our own huge TV. Once you see something that big, you don't go back. After I saw it, I realized, "I can't live with any less than this now...".

I really need to get a screen, right now I"m projecting onto a wall and part of the image is bleeding over into the door. XD

awww how cute. See guys, price mistakes like these make it possible for the less fortunate to enjoy the luxuries in life. Made my day.

Not trying to rub this in to anyone, but I would've taken the 27" instead of 65" for general use, but I'm just glad they honored their price mistake, if it was even a price mistake on 65" tv.

Yes, I got my shipment confirmation but a lot things can still happen and I'm not going to jump and down till I have it in my possession.

That's weird, no lens... it was kind of vague on whether it came with them or not. I know what part you read that made you think that, but some of it was ambiguous to me. Anyway, I was just curious if this was a model that coincidentally had good home theater performance along with its business performance, because I do think a lot of these projectors essentially started out as stuff you'd see in a conference room. So sometimes I can't tell whether they're really just for business use or not. Many things might work for both.

Lol, I'm gaming on a screen that's over 150 inches. I love my projector. When my friends come over and we play split screen, each of us have our own huge TV. Once you see something that big, you don't go back. After I saw it, I realized, "I can't live with any less than this now...".

I really need to get a screen, right now I"m projecting onto a wall and part of the image is bleeding over into the door. XD
Pretty standard to have interchangeable lenses once you get into higher end cinema and venue projectors.

I'd highly recommend getting a screen as well. I have one of the Sony SXRD home theatre ones and it certainly made a difference even with a 120" screen. Quality mount makes alignment much easier too. Had to get a rather heavy duty one that mounts to two studs for mine as the projector weighs ~25lbs however.

Gratz! I'm very spoiled as far as displays go but I really miss having my 65" plasma for when I don't want to be stuck behind my desk as it was an awesome experience even after ditching a 15' projector screen for it so I think you'll be in love if these displays actually arrive and work.

Not trying to rub this in to anyone, but I would've taken the 27" instead of 65" for general use, but I'm just glad they honored their price mistake, if it was even a price mistake on 65" tv.

Yes, I got my shipment confirmation but a lot things can still happen and I'm not going to jump and down till I have it in my possession.

I've already got 3x 30" 2560 displays and I miss my 65" plasma I sold last year so this was a great way to rectify that situation especially since I won't use it much. I got an invoice this morning for the 65" and both NEC order tracking and Tazmania Freight tracking show it is shipped and on it's way to me :D

Got shipping confirmation last night on the 27" 1080p monitor. :D

They must of had a more of the 1080p in stock and very few of the 1440p.

Well congratulations to the few who chose well or were lucky. A 12 foot display though at 300W that's a lot of radiation. XD

Of course, with FedEx being the way it is, my shipment is still 'not found' in their database. I'm assuming other people have had this same problem as well. As far as I can recall, their online tracking is questionable at best. I think I've received packages before it ever showed up on their website. Not sure about others' experiences.

Of course, with FedEx being the way it is, my shipment is still 'not found' in their database. I'm assuming other people have had this same problem as well. As far as I can recall, their online tracking is questionable at best. I think I've received packages before it ever showed up on their website. Not sure about others' experiences.

I have never had an issue with fedex tracking. I always use fedex to ship, and as soon as I drop my package off, it is almost always visible online that night. However, I'm not sure what the case is for you. Mine is coming through AIT (freight).

If you send an e-mail to Andrew after you placed your order he will apply free shipping discount.

Kicking myself for ignoring this thread assuming they would never honor the order.

Why do I even bother getting out of bed in the morning...

I'm glad I waited. Almost ordered one of the 27" . Waited. Then just yesterday after everyone said the deal was dead and gone, I ordered the 30"....AND got 20% off....AND got free shipping! Getting the 30" for the same price I would have paid for the 27" if I had jumped in earlier....sweet!

Edit: But now that I have received an obviously damaged monitor, and then an obviously damaged replacement for that monitor, I can confirm these units were not reconditioned or refurbished, just USED. NEC rep agreed. See my post later in the thread.

Last edited:
I'm glad I waited. Almost ordered one of the 27" . Waited. Then just yesterday after everyone said the deal was dead and gone, I ordered the 30"....AND got 20% off....AND got free shipping! Getting the 30" for the same price I would have paid for the 27" if I had jumped in earlier....sweet!

The PA302W-BK-R professional model?

Yes. Should be a nice upgrade over my aging P221W. I already have the necessary x-rite sensor and software to calibrate. Dude at NEC said most of the people who ordered these monitors likely did not even need a color managed monitor. For those that do wish to calibrate and don't already have the equipment, the "deal" may lose it's luster when they realize to get the best calibration they have to fork out $200 for the necessary sensor.

Damn, nice.

Back