NEC Closeout $145 refurbished EA274wmi

Ordered 1 for myself..cant beat the 155 shipped price.. see if this is any better than my Qnix.

Great deal and thanks for the info! ...but order on hold... I have a feeling no one is going to get these.

I had ordered two earlier today (had to do them separately, as the system refused to let me increase the quantity). So far they are both processing (fingers crossed).

My order is "on hold" as well.

Oh well! Not like I really need yet another monitor!

Yeah, mine's on hold as well. They've charged the card though. I'm not sure whether they'll be cancelling these or not.

Maybe someone should try calling them to see what this "On Hold" crap is about.

Just bought one. Was looking for a deal on a 27" QHD....thanks OP. Got the Free shipping but had to pay tax...came to $152.XX. Hopefully it comes through.

Thank you! I have been eyeing this monitor for the past few months for Photoshop usage (14-bit internal 3D lookup tables) and the new one costs $1,350. Just picked up two and the shipping was free.

Yeah for sure. I'm a photographer so looking at it for the same reasons. Sadly even at this discounted price I can't afford one right now. I can just hope that sometime in the future I'll be able to get a similar deal.

Yeah, mine's on hold as well. They've charged the card though. I'm not sure whether they'll be cancelling these or not.

Maybe someone should try calling them to see what this "On Hold" crap is about.
I called them, but they were closed. Hopefully that's why they are on hold. Also, pending charge against my credit card so fingers crossed!

Picked one up.

Had the same credit card billing error thing, used debit card and it worked.

Checked right after ordering and it is "on hold," no idea if that's just a standard thing. If that order status changes I'll report back.

Ordered 2 of them by going through checkout twice. Came out $159 with CA sales tax but still a good deal.

NEC probably hard limited it to one in the checkout to avoid resellers buying. If you tried circumventing and bought 2 might be why your order is "on hold" and eventually cancelled.

"Human and ambient light sensors automatically detect your work conditions to determine the proper display brightness, thereby conserving power"

Can that shiite be turned off?

Had to use Internet Explorer to get the site to work. Their site needs a rework for proper handling of different browsers.

Do I go back to Eyefinity. Hmmmmm...

:-/ after large format (40"+) 4K, I just can't go back to anything smaller for my main monitor.

As much as I love Eyefinity, the extreme lack of gaming support is hard to ignore after a while.

Had to use Internet Explorer to get the site to work. Their site needs a rework for proper handling of different browsers.

I ordered last night using Firefox

At the end of the process I got a "confirmation" that my order was "successful" but there were some stray "mouse clicks" - not that I needed to do anything.

I never got an email from NEC after the order and I've never been charged. Oh well, these are probably dead pixel morgues anyway lol

DapfsrZ.jpg

Last edited:
Weird error message. Mine was charged successfully although I'm a little surprised that it isn't OOS already. Could it be NEC doesn't have a real time inventory system?

Really want to get in on this but cant afford to have $150 tied up if the orders get canceled.

Just curious if anyone actually got an order through after their normal ordering center hours 7-7 M/F without the On Hold status in the SAP order status tracker? Order confirmation and receipt does not mean it was processed by the way, you have to check using their SAP HTML system.

UPDATE:

I actually remembered doing this several years ago, missed that deal recalled it was also on hold. Maybe different this time. It's definitely dead now as of 11/28 as somebody shared it elsewhere and you can no longer even checkout.

Last edited:
I ordered a 27" IPS for the wifey, building her a budget desktop build this week, should be perfect.
Using free shipping code and no sales tax in OK, $85 for a display that retails for $400, excellent! Thanks!

Just curious if anyone actually got an order through after their normal ordering center hours 7-7 M/F without the On Hold status in the SAP order status tracker? Order confirmation and receipt does not mean it was processed by the way, you have to check using their SAP HTML system.

got an order confirmation at 6:22pm yesterday, still on hold status as of 5:30pm today.

Weird error message. Mine was charged successfully although I'm a little surprised that it isn't OOS already. Could it be NEC doesn't have a real time inventory system?

Judging by how hoopty their site is I wouldn't be surprised. May have sold out a while ago and everyone just gets processed and then put "on hold" and then canceled.

Thanks, we are sure it doesn't come with a stand?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/536846-REG/NEC_M46_2_AV_46_Multeos_Widescreen_LCD.html

I think this is the model, no built in tuner? I'm not sure how to interpret the specs. Are the viewing angles any good?

Of course it has a stand, it says specs about it all over the page:

"Fully adjustable quick-release stand, including height-adjust (130mm), pivot, tilt and swivel capabilities, adds flexibility and comfort to your viewing preferences"

For giggles I tried site again with IE and FF. Both got as far as "Chose Shipping Method" and then there was no choice to make and cart showed "0" items. Verizon is solidly the #1 worst site but this NEC site is a real tire fire

Although I completed the process (friday) and got an email confirmation (but am "on hold" per their status page) I still received an email Saturday saying that if I returned and "completed my purchase" I could use the free shipping code supplied in that email (the same one reported in this thread).

Tire fire indeed! They probably don't sell a lot of merchandise on their website, I imagine NEC's business is mostly through resellers and bulk business orders.

Stuck on the shipping screen as well before it times/errors out. Will try later. How does this compare to my 24" Dell U2405 calibrated screen?

I just hope op gets their monitor. Problem with being a sharing person is sometimes you get burned.

Wow, this is a killer deal on a 27" high res monitor!

Now, I have trying to order one for the last 10 minutes but the site is slower than the second coming!

Were in checkout do ya put the free shipping code?

I really hope my friend gets his monitor. He doesn't have much money to throw around and he's been on an old 1080p Asus for a long time now. This monitor would be a colossal upgrade for him, at a great price. Even if they have some pixel issues, they're still plenty worth it at this price. I have a refurbished HP LP 2465 and it's been running for like 6 years now, and came with plenty of backlight hours on it in the first place. I got some backlight flicker on it at some point, but it has stopped doing that since a long time ago. If these are anything like that one, they're built to last. Plus LEDs last longer than CCFL by default.

Wow, this is a killer deal on a 27" high res monitor!

Now, I have trying to order one for the last 10 minutes but the site is slower than the second coming!

Were in checkout do ya put the free shipping code?

First page of your cart at the bottom

Back