NEC Closeout $145 refurbished EA274wmi

Powerage

[H]ard|Gawd
EDIT: deleted link and information to prevent further confusion

UPDATE: DEAL IS OVER FOLKS

They ran out of monitors. There are still some other good buys on their site. Take a look at the refurbished large format displays (40"+).

Last edited:
holy cow that's a great price for a 1440p ips panel. if only it was 120hz... one can only dream T__T

The shipping really kills this deal i guess. It's like $35 for ground

What are you smoking? That's like 179$ for 27in 1440p monitor, total. That's 100$ lower than you would get a Korean monitor for. Yeah, they're refurbs, but that price is still ridiculous. I'm tempted to get one myself, just to have 3x 1440p (one of my monitors is 1200p), but I'm holding off.

So, a refurb NEC 27" 1440p IPS monitor that retails for $700 at Newegg and $800+ at Amazon.com for $145+$35=$180? Sounds like a really good deal to me -- I'd buy it if I didn't already have a 30" Dell. NEC stuff, by and large, tends to be a lot more color accurate (w/calibration) and considerably more durable/well made than the majority of monitors out there. This blows the Korean stuff out of the water, unless all you're interested in (besides IPS) is overclocking the monitor ...

Their large format displays have some reasonable deals as well. 46" 1080p for $125.

Shipping was only about $18 for ground for me. I did get hit with tax for about $9 though, but even then it was only about $172 total. Now I just need to get rid of a monitor or two. =(

I bit on the 24" E243WMi. My 23" is getting pretty worn out and the 14ms response time isn't doing me any favors when I play games.

Love me some NECs. Shipping was $70 for me (hawaii), but that's still a deal in my book. In for 1, thanks man!

Sorry, the 1440p monitor is a good deal. I was looking at the $87 1080p 27". Iam looking for a cheap 1080p 27 or 24 inch monitor around $99. I didn't really like the return policy on the refurbs

Oh man, I've been looking to replace my aging LG L246WP-BN for a long time now but could not justify shelling out $500+

This is perfect, even though I've already spent a lot of money today. I could not pass this up.

Hopefully it being refurbished doesn't bring up any problems.

Goddammit! Not 30 minutes after finishing my order I got an e-mail with a free shipping code! =(

Anyway, try FREESHIPVE for free shipping.

Goddammit! Not 30 minutes after finishing my order I got an e-mail with a free shipping code! =(

Anyway, try FREESHIPVE for free shipping.

Son of a bitch that would be an epic deal. Thanks for sharing.

I am wanting to use this with a GTX 980 card on my rig in my signature below. If I am wanting to use a 3 monitor setup, with these 27 inch screens, with my rig be good enough to handle at least 1080p resolution if not 1440p?

EDIT: Maybe there is a limit on how many can be bought, but it's only allowing me to add 1 to the cart. Suck.

Aaaand that free shipping code just pushed me over the edge. Just got one for 154 total. Gonna replace this old HP LP2465.

Well that shipping code made me bite.

Going to replace a 27 inch 1080p monitor I bought for my wife last year that only has HDMI inputs.

Why me?! :D

I didn't enter the free shipping code. I will call Monday and try to have them credit me the shipping.

Just got the email myself after getting almost through the checkout process to see shipping rates. In for $152. The aforementioned large format displays are now reasonable as well since they were nearly $100 to ship.

Part of me wishes I had ~550 dollars to gamble as I'd like to see one of those 30 inch medical grade monitors they are selling in person. Those things were like 3,500 dollars new!

I bought a M46-2-AV-R 46" 1080p display for $125 with the free shipping code. No idea what I'm going to do with it but I figure I have a higher chance of using that than yet another high res monitor.

will this monitor be good for gaming even though it's got the 6ms response time? i'm currently using this monitor:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236047

would this be a worthy upgrade even if the response time is higher?

I'd buy this thing over any TN panel except the ROG Swift (and its Dell equivalent) in a heartbeat. The RoG Swift is a different animal because it's a true 8 bit TN panel clocked in at 144Hz. That's my main monitor, too.

I bought a M46-2-AV-R 46" 1080p display for $125 with the free shipping code. No idea what I'm going to do with it but I figure I have a higher chance of using that than yet another high res monitor.
Don't forget that you'll need a stand or wall mount for it. They aren't included since they're not intended to be used as TVs.

The NEC website refuses to accept my billing information.

No matter how I type it in there, it says I have the wrong address information.

I even logged into discover.com to verify I had everything EXACTLY as entered in Discover.

Don't forget that you'll need a stand or wall mount for it. They aren't included since they're not intended to be used as TVs.

Yeah, I have a few laying around. Maybe I'll finally figure out how to ceiling mount this above my bed...

Best deal from Black Friday so far. Even get a 1 year warranty with this one so you know NEC checked them out real good. You couldn't touch name brand monitors with these specs for under $600 a year ago. It will serve me perfect for a few years until video card makers can comfortably catch up to 4k. Thanks to Powerage and snclawson. You guys rock.

i bit. been wanting a 34" curved but this should hold me over until prices drop. thanks guys!

The NEC website refuses to accept my billing information.

No matter how I type it in there, it says I have the wrong address information.

I even logged into discover.com to verify I had everything EXACTLY as entered in Discover.

I cannot figure it out.

I just tried a different credit card, and even used IE instead of Chrome. Same error over and over and over.

Apparently, they just do not want me to have one.

EDIT:

As a last ditch effort, I tried a check/debit card instead of the two credit cards I usually use. It worked.

I do not expect too many people to have this same issue, but just incase you try to buy, and you get errors over and over with credits cards, maybe try a debit card.

I cannot figure it out.

I just tried a different credit card, and even used IE instead of Chrome. Same error over and over and over.

Apparently, they just do not want me to have one.

I was having browser issues in Safari. It wouldn't let me choose United States in Safari, but when I switched to Firefox it worked.

I must be lucky. Sounds like you guys got charged sales tax. Got it for exactly $144.

Kinda crappy you can only order one. But maybe it's one per order, so maybe i'll make a second order.

Back