NEC Closeout $145 refurbished EA274wmi

Like I said, the guy said that there were over 800 orders for the monitor, and it sounded like he was the one handling them all. Basically I called their online orders department. As soon as I mentioned refurbished monitor, they handed me off to this one guy who sounded a bit tired... so yeah...

Basically I think it's going to be like this. If you ordered when the deal first presented here on [H].. like within a few hours or so... you might get in. There are only 10. Anyone who ordered after that is going to get their order cancelled.

That would mean their shopping cart manager doesn't actively deduct from their database for inventory hard to believe for a major corporation like this.

That would mean their shopping cart manager doesn't actively deduct from their database for inventory hard to believe for a major corporation like this.
... A few posts up.... >_>
That sounds like someone on slickdeals trying to scare people away so they don't snatch up inventory...

I just called NEC and they didn't mention any website hacking. That would be a pretty big bomb to drop on a random customer by some low level customer service rep, I highly doubt that story.

They did mention having website troubles, not news to anyone here, and that there were way more orders than stock. He said it should be resolved "today or tomorrow..."

thats the model I was considering. Too bad I have lost all faith in their ordering system.

Hrmmm , I tried ordering from my Visa and it kept saying " card error make sure everything is ok and try again". I did that 3 times and in my bank account statement i see 3 NEC statements for 1$ each.
Going to call tomorrow and see what's up. I never got a email from them or anything.
Anyone else going through the same situation?

Hrmmm , I tried ordering from my Visa and it kept saying " card error make sure everything is ok and try again". I did that 3 times and in my bank account statement i see 3 NEC statements for 1$ each.
Going to call tomorrow and see what's up. I never got a email from them or anything.
Anyone else going through the same situation?

I placed 2 orders and each has a $1 charge. Maybe some sort of transaction fee that was in the fine print I didn't read? :rolleyes:

I placed 2 orders and each has a $1 charge. Maybe some sort of transaction fee that was in the fine print I didn't read? :rolleyes:
Perfectly normal. Just initial authorization of your card before the main charge is done. Go check your card anytime you fill up on gasoline and you'll see the same thing...

So does this mean i should contact them as i only need 1 and not 3 monitors since they charged me 1$ 3x?

No, you're not going to get a monitor presumably and those are all temporary authorizations that will soon go away.

Just tried to look up my order and it isn't even listed anymore. Never got a cancellation email either. I ordered within 4 hours of the post here so I'm guessing if you've ordered beyond that you're out of luck as well.

Just tried to look up my order and it isn't even listed anymore. Never got a cancellation email either. I ordered within 4 hours of the post here so I'm guessing if you've ordered beyond that you're out of luck as well.

That sucks man. I haven't had any changes in my order, yet. Still on hold.

So much for NEC displays. Money saved.

I can still look up my order, still on hold. The system didn't like having the apartment number in the order, so it took two tries to place the order. I have two $1 holds, and one $153 hold from them. I know it's not happening, just sharing my experience, that it seems the number of $1 holds is equal to the number of order attempts.

Seems like a good deal. I picked one up. Have had good results with their refurbished monitors in the past. They have other solid deals on there as well.

http://www.necdisplay.com/p/desktop-monitors/ea274wmi-bk-r

They also have an $85 27-inch monitor around 1080p I think.

UPDATE: DEAL IS OVER FOLKS

They ran out of monitors. There are still some other good buys on their site. Take a look at the refurbished large format displays (40"+).

I was gonna be all over 3 of these for a new iRacing triple-screen setup.

Both of my monitors are on Hold. Nothing has been charged to my Discover card. I think the deal is not valid, unless there were a few monitors they were trying to get rid of on the first day of the deal.

That said, their website has to be the shittiest thing I have seen in quite some time. Really awful.

Also to the little guy who is crying wolf about the site being hacked... get for real. Nothing has been hacked. I think you are just trying to stir up a bunch of shit. Really. Unless you have DEFINITIVE proof, go away.

No need for everyone to keep reporting the same thing. If anyone gets cancelled or their order fulfilled, let us know.

Both of my monitors are on Hold. Nothing has been charged to my Discover card. I think the deal is not valid, unless there were a few monitors they were trying to get rid of on the first day of the deal.

That said, their website has to be the shittiest thing I have seen in quite some time. Really awful.

Also to the little guy who is crying wolf about the site being hacked... get for real. Nothing has been hacked. I think you are just trying to stir up a bunch of shit. Really. Unless you have DEFINITIVE proof, go away.

First of all nothing little about me but cry wolf? I'm not sure you know what crying wolf means? maybe you should reread the story?

I shared my experience of what happen like everyone else. Maybe you missed something? check out my last post. Not trying to stir shit, reading comprehension mistake maybe. Also I been here for 7 years, pretty sure I'm not going anywhere.

BTW my order is still "On Hold" and my "Old Credit Card" is still pending $144

Source of where I read about the hack; "
Andy told me that their site was hacked with adjusted prices to get more orders so that large number of credit cards can be compromised.
http://slickdeals.net/f/8324969-ref...or-144-free-shipping?src=SiteSearchMW&page=12

Once again I pointed out that it was slick deals and to take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
Geez....I feel for you guys. I would have jumped-in on this as well, but just purchased a new display. I hope @ least some of you receive them. Good Luck.

Got shipping confirmation on my two pa272 monitors. They are on the way.

We're those refurbs? I can't remember the model numbers. Was that the 1080 or 1440 one? Did you credit card go from pending to sale?

Not surprised as they are still listed on the site. I'm super tempted to get one. I wish the free shipping code still worked... Can you share your thoughts of them once they arrive? Condition, dead pixels (if any), etc.

I got shipping confirmation on my 46", still nothing on the 65" but it's hard to be too sad about it.

We're those refurbs? I can't remember the model numbers. Was that the 1080 or 1440 one? Did you credit card go from pending to sale?

They are the one's that cost almost 400 dollars but go for 1000. Awesome for photographers.

Pending charges are gone so it seems we're not getting any monitors.

Pending charges are gone so it seems we're not getting any monitors.

Well for one, that would say that you aren't getting any monitors. It doesn't say anything about anyone else.

Anyway...
I'm not sure if that says anything. My friend was literally one of the first to order. Probably within the first 2-3 hours. But his pending charge was gone immediately on his account, but his order is still On Hold. My order still says On Hold, but my pending charges are all gone. I'm not actually sure how their internal processes work. Maybe they'll do the final charge when the ship. What I know for sure is that the OP was probably one of the first to order. Could one of you first adopters comment?

Same here. Pening charge on my card no longer exist. Here's hoping to get an email from NEC at least.

I wish my pending charges would go away so I can order a monitor they actually have in stock....

Well for one, that would say that you aren't getting any monitors. It doesn't say anything about anyone else.

Anyway...
I'm not sure if that says anything. My friend was literally one of the first to order. Probably within the first 2-3 hours. But his pending charge was gone immediately on his account, but his order is still On Hold. My order still says On Hold, but my pending charges are all gone. I'm not actually sure how their internal processes work. Maybe they'll do the final charge when the ship. What I know for sure is that the OP was probably one of the first to order. Could one of you first adopters comment?

Okkkkk, nobody is getting anything.:rolleyes:

Yeah, I can't find the charge on my credit card anymore. Kind of sucks since I bought it about an hour before I posted this thread and the slick deals thing wasn't up until a day later. Pretty sure I was one of the first to order.

Yeah, I can't find the charge on my credit card anymore. Kind of sucks since I bought it about an hour before I posted this thread and the slick deals thing wasn't up until a day later. Pretty sure I was one of the first to order.

I'm almost 100% sure you're getting yours. Like I said when I spoke to that guy, he said I had a pretty decent chance of getting mine, and I ordered a good bit after you. He said that they're doing this FIFO style. There's no way in hell you wouldn't get yours. That just kind of reaffirms that perhaps the charge disappearing doesn't mean anything.

Mine says ON HOLD, I called and they said that their inventory system wasn't synced and they don't have an ETA for when more will get in. I said "that is fine, I'll just keep my order and wait for more to come in" and she said "sorry, can't do that, I have to cancel."

Thanks NEC for the waste of time

I'm almost 100% sure you're getting yours. Like I said when I spoke to that guy, he said I had a pretty decent chance of getting mine, and I ordered a good bit after you. He said that they're doing this FIFO style. There's no way in hell you wouldn't get yours. That just kind of reaffirms that perhaps the charge disappearing doesn't mean anything.

I totally agree with you, unless of course someone decided they don't really care who ordered when and it's too much of a pain in the ass to deal with so they just cancel everyone's order.

I totally agree with you, unless of course someone decided they don't really care who ordered when and it's too much of a pain in the ass to deal with so they just cancel everyone's order.

... Sadly, that is a distinct possibility...

Maybe I'm oversimplifying things on their end, but they should just have to sort by monitor model number ordered, then do a second sort on date / time the order was received, then allocate monitors to the first orders, then cancel the rest. This assumes that their website records all of that information. :D

Was it ever established that this site was hacked or not? I bet this site is even hard to hack lol.

I never got anything (including a charge) despite site telling me my order was "successful"

Micro Center also canceled an order I made Saturday. Only now did I get ab email telling me that my order was "cancelled" and that I would NOT be charged when I was charged.

Maybe there is a general website mess.

Back