• Uniformity correction
  • UHD upscaling
  • Pivot
  • Human sensor
  • NaViSet software
  • Carrying handle
  • Spectraview II

Resources:

http://forum.luminous-landscape.com...39304d972057bdae92b12c80df80d5&topic=100948.0

Last edited:
I have a few questions for which I would be grateful for Art's help:

• The panel used in the EA275UHD is probably going to be sRGB with overcoverage. Will the sRGB mode correct this, or is this model considered sRGB native where no gamut correction is applied?
  • What can Spectraview do for this monitor? I understand gamut control is PA only.
  • 5K version: wait or don't wait?

Regards.

Last edited:
I have a few questions for which I would be grateful for Art's help:

• The panel used in the EA275UHD is probably going to be sRGB with overcoverage. Will the sRGB mode correct this, or is this model considered sRGB native where no gamut correction is applied?
  • What can Spectraview do for this monitor? I understand gamut control is PA only.
  • 5K version: wait or don't wait?

I'm still waiting for the final gamut data but our sRGB mode is calibrated to sRGB so any over coverage will be reduced.

SpectraView can calibrate the brightness, gamma, contrast for this monitor. You are correct that gamut control is only on the PA Series.

I can't advise you on waiting or not... this will be our 3rd 4K UHD panel so we've got a pretty good lineup going.

-- Art

I can't advise you on waiting or not... this will be our 3rd 4K UHD panel so we've got a pretty good lineup going.

-- Art

Is there any chance of NEC releasing 32 inch 4k display or similar sized 21:9 in EA series anytime soon ? I'm looking for something "bigger", but the only 30+ sized monitors I've found were PA pro products.

Is there any chance of NEC releasing 32 inch 4k display or similar sized 21:9 in EA series anytime soon ? I'm looking for something "bigger", but the only 30+ sized monitors I've found were PA pro products.

Unfortunately I can't comment on future product plans, sorry.

I have the data for the EA275UHD now. We always do our measurements against CIE xy, and here is what we have:
Adobe RGB Coverage/Size 78.1% / 81.6%
NTSC Coverage/Size 75.1% / 78.0%
sRGB Coverage/Size 100.0% / 110.1%

This will go live on the product page soon.

This looks awesome.
Now should I wait for a 32"+ or buy this ;)
But a UHD for that price, with those specs, from NEC... Cant wait to test it out.
Used EIZO EV3237 (more than twice the price in my country, was good but too expensive for my taste) and on paper - the NEC looks a lot better.

Art can you share any details about what NEC does to ensure better uniformity of the EA series displays compared to more inexpensive competitor monitors? I don't see anything on the website but I'm hoping that either tolerances are tighter or some uniformity compensation is done. We all know the PA series is amazing and every review shows ColorComp produces very good results. The EA series reviews however show results all over the place. For example the anadtech review of the EA244UHD showed excellent results while the EA294WMi does not have good results and the reviewer recommended other brands.

I'm willing to pay more for a good display but the industry doesn't seem to offer a middle ground. It's either inexpensive IPS displays with very little uniformity guarantees or very high end ones like the PA series. In the inexpensive camp reviews have shown that going with a quality brand such as NEC is as much of a gamble as far as uniformity is concerned as a cheaper one like the Dell Ultrasharps.

Art can you share any details about what NEC does to ensure better uniformity of the EA series displays compared to more inexpensive competitor monitors?

Apparently EA uniformity correction is restricted to the two 4K models. The uniformity function is on/off rather than five steps as with PA.

Last edited:
Apparently EA uniformity correction is restricted to the two 4K models. The uniformity function is on/off rather than five steps as with PA.

You are correct, uniformity correction is either off or on on the MultiSync EA Series. We use the same measurement process as the PA Series, we just don't have the same controls available on the EA Series.

I can tell you that we are constantly pushing for better and better out of the box measurement results as well across the new models in the EA Series. We know that users who are looking at NEC have higher expectations!

Hope this helps.

What I'd like to know is whether NEC will ever go higher than 32. Specifically looking for 40''. I've had the 30'' NEC for quite some time and its been perfect apart from some back light bleed and a couple of dead pixels.

I was about to pull the trigger on the 32 PA for the extra resolution but decided it really wasn't worth it at that size.

What I'd like to know is whether NEC will ever go higher than 32. Specifically looking for 40''. I've had the 30'' NEC for quite some time and its been perfect apart from some back light bleed and a couple of dead pixels.

I was about to pull the trigger on the 32 PA for the extra resolution but decided it really wasn't worth it at that size.

I can't comment on unreleased products but I can tell you that we've got three under 32" and three at 65" or higher. Maybe someday they'll meet in the middle...

Has there been any information on when this monitor will be available for purchase? All I've come across is the NEC press release which states that it will be available in June 2015, which doesn't seem to be the case.

Has there been any information on when this monitor will be available for purchase? All I've come across is the NEC press release which states that it will be available in June 2015, which doesn't seem to be the case.

We have been sold since launch. You might be able to find a retailer that has the EA275UHD and we are working to bring more in as fast as we can.

We have been sold since launch. You might be able to find a retailer that has the EA275UHD and we are working to bring more in as fast as we can.

Ah I see. Most retailers I've checked in the U.S. either don't have it listed at all or have it listed as a pre-order item, but I have come across a few foreign sites which do have it available for purchase. I guess most places in the U.S. haven't received stock yet?

Also, do you have any information on how the scaler works, specifically on 1080p ->4k? Does it simply replace each pixel with a 2x2 square, or does it use a method such as nearest-neighbor/bilinear interpolation?

Thanks.

Art, I've got a problem where this monitor will occasionally not wake from standby. The capacitive buttons do not work and a hard computer reset does not wake the monitor. The power plug must be pulled and reinserted. I was able to reproduce it in Linux and Windows using a GTX 960.

Art, I've got a problem where this monitor will occasionally not wake from standby. The capacitive buttons do not work and a hard computer reset does not wake the monitor. The power plug must be pulled and reinserted. I was able to reproduce it in Linux and Windows using a GTX 960.

That's odd.

Can you give our tech support a call? 800-632-4662.

Is it good for game? how about the input lag?

Is better than the LG 27MU67-B? The LG 27MU67-B does not have the usb support wtf。。

Is there someone who bought this monitor?
Can I buy it or there is something better for the same price?

I need an all rounder, amateur photo editing, a little gaming and working with text editor.

I haven't understood if all this monitors comes with spectraview bundle or not.
I'm in italy and no one talks about the spectraview bundle, is there a way to buy the spectraview version here in italy?

thanks

Back