NEC 3090WQXi-BK refurb $999+tax/shipping

Did you get a fedex tracking number at that point? I've given fedex the OK to leave stuff on my porch in the past but this is expensive enough and, likely in packaging that makes it obviously so, that I don't want it sitting there even if the weather is nice while I'm at work.

No you don't get a fedex tracking number. They will leave a notice on your door if you are not home. I'll just have them leave the notice on the door and then tell them when to deliver the package so I know I or my wife will be home.

received mine today. I know its a refurb but its like its brand new. no dead pixels/backlight bleed. very satisfied.

going to spend a while calibrating it to my liking.

Just got a call today for the company to schedule drop off delivery. Scheduled it for Thursday since that is the only time I will be available. Can't wait...

Just got a call today for the company to schedule drop off delivery. Scheduled it for Thursday since that is the only time I will be available. Can't wait...

no fedex then? figures, its's way too big for fedex to handle

Just received the call to schedule for delivery tomorrow. I don't have time to pick it up today in person so I will just wait for an extra night.

After I got the dimensions and weight of the package I comparison shopped. I was billed $50 for pilotair with airborne express on the last mile (delivered tomorrow), UPS was $87, fedex was $55...

5 bucks to not deal with any of this retarded shipper BS and to have had my monitor on friday. Would've been a huge bargin.

Did anyone call NEC to see *why* they listed UPS ground as an option in the picklist and then used something else entirely?

Well, obviously it's cheaper than UPS :) Besides, like I said earlier, even Amazon uses them for this sort of bulky packages (big-screen TVs).

I don't see how they could not have went with fedex or ups. Big box yes, but it was not all that heavy. I'm sure these regular carrier delivery people aren't pansies and get lift a few.

Just to report - I got mine today and set it up. Looks great, after enabling EDID color info in ATI settings, the colors look "close enough" to sRGB even though it's a wide gamut monitor. No dead pixels, pretty good uniformity. They threw in a DVI cable but it's single link - not a big deal, just means I need to stop by Frys to get another dual link cable. AR coating is a little strong but only if you look closely at it. Very happy camper so far.

Received mine today. Gonna do some test later tonight. The box is pretty big, much larger than i thought.

BTW, does anyone having trouble with the stand? I like the pivot option but it makes the monitor wobbly in sense that even a slightest touch will send it wobbling and I can't lock it in any position. That's prolly the reason there were only 17hours logged on the monitor when I got it (can't find any other flaw).

Got mine today, there was a pixel width line of yellow (stuck pixel line) done the monitor about 4-5 inches left of center. Called up NEC and within 10 minutes the had another 3090 setup to ship out to me. They told me to just send the defective one back once I receive the new one and they will cover return shipping. That is some awesome customer support.

Also, been playing MW2 on the monitor and I don't notice any input lag at all. If anything, the lag is less than it was on my previous TN panel. Other than the one line of stuck yellow pixels down the middle the monitor is perfect and looks absolutely amazing.

Both the NEC 3090 and 2090 on my desk damp faster than any of the dell LCDs I use at work. When I had them side by side and touching my two 2090's were rock solid. I need to do furnature surgery before I can align the first with my 3090 and put the second back on. I've got a huge desk, but it's one CRT design is holding me back now...

Got mine today, there was a pixel width line of yellow (stuck pixel line) done the monitor about 4-5 inches left of center. Called up NEC and within 10 minutes the had another 3090 setup to ship out to me. They told me to just send the defective one back once I receive the new one and they will cover return shipping. That is some awesome customer support.

Also, been playing MW2 on the monitor and I don't notice any input lag at all. If anything, the lag is less than it was on my previous TN panel. Other than the one line of stuck yellow pixels down the middle the monitor is perfect and looks absolutely amazing.

Wow nice this is like great compared to DELL

Wow nice this is like great compared to DELL

NEC has one of the best, if not the best, customer service out there. In basically all cases that I've seen with people buying refurb NEC's, like during the 20WMGX2 stampede, all you have to tell them is you got a defective LCD and they'll send you another one first with a prepaid label. Simple as that.

well there is a reason they won't let you return refurbs, and I guess great customer support is one of them (they got your money!!!!!)

On further observation it seems I've got an issue with the stand as well. The tilt adjustment won't hold, and over the course of a few minutes it's drifting to from flat or slightly up tilted to a slight downward facing tilt. Guess I'll need to call them tomorrow myself.

i found the same video when i was looking for reviews of this thing. i am really having a hard time trying to find a reason not to buy this right now instead of the 3008wfp... especially after reading about NEC's customer service with these refurbs.

I just ordered a 3008WFP actually. Dell's customer service isn't bad -- they'll exchange the monitor as many times as you need, even for one dead pixel, but I'm not positive that they pay for return shipping (I believe they do, though). I thought about getting the NEC, but the only reason I wanted to "upgrade" from my 3007WFP-HC was for the additional inputs...and the NEC wouldn't have helped me there. I'm sure it's a great monitor and I hope everyone is happy with theirs (aside from the stand issues).

So now I have two 30" displays, w00t. Tempting to pick up the NEC for comparison and have 3 x 30" Eyefinity... :eek:

You guys gotta go post in here and tell `em 30 inchers are far from dead! :D

Oh dont get me wrong, im all about dell when it comes to monitors. they have quite possibly the best warranty policy EVER on their panels. I was just saying that the people in this thread seemed to have some great and unexpected luck when dealing with a refurb from NEC.

Also, im wondering if maybe NEC is dumping this panel like this because of what was posted in the thread you linked to what with NEC releasing a new 30" panel.

I am very curious how everyone who ordered is doing with their stand issues. Some more follow ups would be greatly appreciated.

I've been planning to call after dinner and then forgetting...

Although with this panel having 0 dead pixels and my long term plan having been to use a clamp mounted arm to free deskspace I'm tempted to just bring my next purchase forward in time...

Just an update for everyone. I received my replacement monitor three days after I placed the customer service call. NEC shipped it 2 day air and the company called to schedule delivery and I got it on Friday.

The replacement is perfect and only has 52hrs 34min of use on it. NEC did not ship the replacement with a shipping label to send the old one back to them, but the guy I talked to when I requested a replacement said that might happen and to just give them a call and they will mail or email a shipping label to ship the defective LCD back to them at no cost to me.

Overall I have been extremely happy with the customer support from NEC. I know have my 3 monitor setup complete so I probably won't be in the market for any LCD's for a very long time; however, when I am in the market again I will look to NEC as my first choice.

Back