NEC 3090WQXi-BK refurb $999+tax/shipping

runnin17

[H]ard|Gawd
Pretty decent deal since you get a year long warranty on probably the best 30" display out there. Dell 3007 doesn't count, the image quality compared to the 3090 is crap. Input lag on the 3090 is about 30ms for all you gamers out there.

Still next the next cheapest price is $2000 + shipping.

With shipping and tax for me the total was just over $1100.

Link: http://www.necdisplay.com/Products/Product/?product=67eb65f5-f718-4c87-9caf-8d32b04f4fea#

LOL.

Still, decent price. The latency kills it for multipurpose use, unfortunately.

Not true. Input lag is about 30ms compared to around 15ms for the 3007. About 95% of people will not be able to notice any input lag at all. So as far as multipurpose use, this monitor is probably better than the 3007. However, if all you do is gaming without any need for some type of professional graphics capabilities then go with the 3007. As for me, this is my ideal monitor. I have two P221w's (both S-PVA) and don't know any input lag on those, so I am sure I will be happy with the 3090.

I'd love to jump on one but the "no returns" policy seems to be a bit of a gamble. I've gotten a 2490 with a bright red pixel in the middle of the screen and NEC wouldn't cover it under warranty. I ended up eating a 15% restock fee from the retailer (buy) and got another from amazon.com without any issues. If you can get one without problems this is a great price though - same price I paid for the 24" model.

I assume they're clearing out their old stock of 30"s for the new models this year? Probably also using that 27" LG panel?

Pretty decent deal since you get a year long warranty on probably the best 30" display out there. Dell 3007 doesn't count, the image quality compared to the 3090 is crap.

Good deal on the product, though the warranty's fairly short.

The statement about a 3007 being "crap" is just plain wrong. Input lag on the 3090 kills it for me, at least, while the quality difference appeared minimal (I didn't do a scientific comparison but subjectively). I got my 3007 for $750 shipped w/ 5-year Dell warranty refurb.

Input lag on the 3090 is about 30ms for all you gamers out there. About 95% of people will not be able to notice any input lag at all

Citation needed. I'm one of "those people" that can easily tell 45fps from 55-60fps, though.

I'd love to jump on one but the "no returns" policy seems to be a bit of a gamble. I've gotten a 2490 with a bright red pixel in the middle of the screen and NEC wouldn't cover it under warranty. I ended up eating a 15% restock fee from the retailer (buy) and got another from amazon.com without any issues. If you can get one without problems this is a great price though - same price I paid for the 24" model.

I assume they're clearing out their old stock of 30"s for the new models this year? Probably also using that 27" LG panel?

I have dealt with NEC before and their customer service is some of the best there is...PERIOD. Since these are shipped from the manufacturer I doubt anyone will have any problems with NEC taking care of their customers. Plus, since I paid with my Amex I get an additional 2 years on top of the manufacturer's warranty.

great monitor. No more money for toys. I'll keep for 27" for awhile longer.

wow, my 2690 was $1500 last year...... this is a steal, i wish i can rid my 2690 and get the 3090

Wish I had a grand lying around; a deal like this doesn't pop up very often

I just got lucky with this one. I had been saving up for a few months to spring for a full priced 3090. When I saw this I had just enough saved to afford it. Woot!

Not true. Input lag is about 30ms compared to around 15ms for the 3007. About 95% of people will not be able to notice any input lag at all. So as far as multipurpose use, this monitor is probably better than the 3007. However, if all you do is gaming without any need for some type of professional graphics capabilities then go with the 3007. As for me, this is my ideal monitor. I have two P221w's (both S-PVA) and don't know any input lag on those, so I am sure I will be happy with the 3090.

Source?

I use a 3007WFP-HC daily. The input lag is not that high, and it color gamut and accuracy make it well-suited for video production, which I use it for.

I'm trying to find hard numbers on its input lag, but have only found this thread, without verified numbers: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1285719

Average input lag is supposedly 11.5ms. I can tell you that from daily gaming use, including many twitch action and FPS games, it is certainly not that high on average.

11.5ms input lag is very good and I'd expect it to be about that on the 3007 since it doesn't have an internal scaler like most other monitors. Not to be confused with pixel response time.

I just got lucky with this one. I had been saving up for a few months to spring for a full priced 3090. When I saw this I had just enough saved to afford it. Woot!

Lucky; I'm so tempted to just put this on a CC and pay it off over 2 or 3 months, and I usually hate CCs. Even with the interest, it's a lot less than buying a new one.

I just bought my 3007 for $1081 shipped (new) about a month ago from Sams.

Seems like they don't sell them anymore though.

I would be game for upgrading from my 2490wuxi but my laptop has vga only - pretty sure that means I wouldn't be able to get full resolution out of this guy

You can go pretty high on VGA, but it'll start getting fuzzy at that much bandwidth and you might get ghosting and other problems. Might be better to get a new laptop instead.

I decided to gamble and bite. I always had my eye on this one but the cost always put me off. Hopefully no issues but I can live with a dead pixel if it's not in the middle of the screen.

Has anyone else's shipped yet? I requested UPS ground (cheapest), but my invoice lists the shipping method as "FEPL Return delivery only" and gives a tracking number of "FEPL-#########". Their store eventually sends me to fedex when I try and track it but that's not a fedex number. Google doesn't turn up anything useful when I tried searching on FEPL. I'm wondering if it was sent truck freight due to size. Since I don't want this left out on my porch in the snow/sleet gracing my weather forecast not being able to know what day I need to stay home is something of a problem.

Thanks, they are the shipper ETA 01/18-25; they'll be calling ahead to arrange for me to be there to sign for it...

My reward for this crap is saving a whole $23 over the UPS rate. BLARG!

No. I selected UPS ground was quoted $50 and had it shipped via durkadurkafrieght. The cost to ship a 52lb package from LA to Johnstown via UPS ground is $73. They charged me $23 less than it would've cost to ship by the method I preferred and instead of dealing with a company that's well set up for consumer shipments and will give me a gauranteed day of delivery I get the pleasure of dealing with one that sees a one week delivery window as acceptable. :X

Lets just see if I can pretend I didn't see this........DAMN IT. I have 1000 bucks to spend easy but I already have a very nice monitor.

This seems like a killer deal. I also wish I had a grand!! NEC makes great displays.

TehQuick: since you're apparently familiar with PilotAir, are there any gotchas I should be aware of? I've heard that truck freight can be a much bigger pita than any of the various branches of fedups.

Lol, the first I've heard of them was yesterday. I was just a little ahead of you because I called NEC to figure out the deal with FEPL. I mean yeah, they take their sweet time to deliver to your door but that's about all I know about them. I chose to drive to their warehouse and pick the monitor up instead. If you choose that route, make sure you are driving a truck or a big car, otherwise you might have a little problem fitting in that monstrosity of a box ;)

Oh, another thing I know about them - Amazon uses them to deliver a lot of their big-screen TVs, I saw like hundreds of them in that warehouse.

its almost guaranteed that Pilot Air will tender your merchandise to a different shipping company that is local to you. Kind of a pain in the ass, I had to wait over a week for my TV and TV stand. One shipped Pilot Air and the other i forget. But i loath freight with a passion.

How big was the box? I've got a full size sedan, but the rear seat won't fold flat so...

I also got a pilot air tracking #.
When I enter it into their website, it goes "ship from LAX to LAX"...
Err what's the point...

Getting that into my car is going to be interesting at best. I'll have to cehck with a tape measure, but I suspect I'll end up having to wait for them to deliver it to me...

PilotAir will hand the package off to Fedex and they will deliver it to you. That is what happened with my two P221W's that I bought about a month ago.

Did you get a fedex tracking number at that point? I've given fedex the OK to leave stuff on my porch in the past but this is expensive enough and, likely in packaging that makes it obviously so, that I don't want it sitting there even if the weather is nice while I'm at work.

Back