NEC 2490 LCD2490WUXi - US buyer

sethk

2[H]4U
Hi,

I'm considering this monitor. It's available, its not that outrageously priced for pro users for a monitor with it's capabilities, its a S-IPS panel, and it has 2 digital inputs, which I really like.

Most of the other threads seem to be focusing on the 26' monitor which I am not interested in - it wouldn't fit on my desk for one.

Does it have proper aspect ratio control for 1080p inputs (i.e. can it accept a 1080p input without stretching)?

Do the color adjustments work as advertised - I'd like to use my gretag mcbeth sensor and eye one pro software?

Does it support HDCP?

What are the drawbacks?

Thanks

It has proper aspect ratio control for all resolutions, including 1080p and 720p. You can even define a custom aspect ratio.

It has the most complete color controls I've ever seen in a monitor, but I didn't even feel the need to use them. The colors were nearly perfect out of the box visually, something I can't say about other montiors. If you really want the most accurate colors, I'd recommend getting SpectraView II, which can calibrate the monitor directly.

It supports HDCP just fine from a PS3 and cable box, but there's no 1080i or 480i support, and 480p has tearing. 1080p and 720p are handled perfectly though.

The only other drawback I can think of is in terms of lag, it's about the same as the BenQ FP241W, which isn't the best, but it isn't the worst either. Most people don't seem to notice that anyway.

Back