Nec 20wmgx lamp replacement

the_real_7

[H]ard|Gawd
Ive had my first Nec 20wmgx for 3 years now and she been really great , even tried replacing her but no go had to hook her back up .. so far she has 7914 hours on her so I decided to get another from nec which has 3593 hours but the image looks much better in a sense of contrast its has cool blue color to it , as my old one had a warm yellow color to ...
im using in dual monitor setup and the slight difference is bothering me ive tried matching colors but i cant , should i send my old one to nec to get refurbished and maybe request a new lamp light , or could it be the actual lcd itself producing the warm yellowish goldin tone ?

I assume they have the same color temperature setting? In the OSD menu, the third one from the left gives you a choice of 1, 2, 3, sRGB, 5, N, and states what the color temperature is at the top. What do you have set there on both monitors?

yes have have both set to native and when i put same contrast and brightness my old one looks like more 5000k than 6500k , does lighting get more yellowish as its gets older ?
thanx for try to help dude

I used to use the native setting, but also found it a bit yellowish. Now I use these "calibrated" settings.

Contrast: 50
Brightness: 50
USER setting.

R: 97.2
G: 95.2
B: 96.8

Looks much better than native in my eyes.

I would say you need to calibrate them. Even new monitors of the same model can very in color. Calibrating should even them out. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

What happens when you set them both to sRGB?

The lagom.nl tests can help you do a rough calibration, though using a hardware calibrator will do a lot better job of it.

I have the same exact problem. Same two 20wmgx monitors, one with 7000 hours, one with 3000, and the same settings show different colors. I tried adjusting one to look like the other as best as I could, but can never get it exactly right. Would love to know if theres some fix. Might be inevitable to buy a calibrator though...

Back