ND40oz **Possible Compromised Account**

Based on your sys specs in your sig what were buying the 1080 for? A new build? Just wondering...

Likely they planned to flip it for what it is currently going for, if you can buy for half price and make a bunch of money. It is easer to get scammed when you are blinded by greed and think you are getting one over the sucker selling it for cheap. Then the scammer throws out send money this way that you cant get refunded, but then use FOMO and say lots of others are in line dont miss out. Then the suckers says well its too good a deal to miss out....and get scammed.

I am always surprised by how many are willing to pay for things through services that offer no protection. Way to many scammers and scum bags out there these days to just blindly trust someone you really don't know.
Some are willing to do this with members of the community who are active. I have done it in the past with some well reputed sellers here. But the account hijacking is giving me pause.

Based on your sys specs in your sig what were buying the 1080 for? A new build? Just wondering...
replace my rx570 for plex server. plex doesnt support amd gpu's for transcoding.
I was not looking to profit off of this.

Some are willing to do this with members of the community who are active. I have done it in the past with some well reputed sellers here. But the account hijacking is giving me pause.
I have a few people I regularly trade with that I do it with. I've taken to asking them to give me the PayPal transaction ID of our last trade or something similar to verify it's them.

It links back to what I thought was a leak/hack of Heatwave credentials that I don't think was every admitted by heatware. The effected users had the same password at Heatware as other sites.

I may be wrong, but this is what I gathered over the last few months.

Either way, this is from people using the same password at multiple sites/services.
Just to circle back around on this, I did also check and update heatware as soon as I saw this happening. No one contacted me through heatware though.

Just to circle back around on this, I did also check and update heatware as soon as I saw this happening. No one contacted me through heatware though.
So please share how you think your account was compromised exactly so the rest of us can learn from that hopefully, now that you have had time to think through all of this.

So please share how you think your account was compromised exactly so the rest of us can learn from that hopefully, now that you have had time to think through all of this.

I think it was compromised through a reused password. My heatware account had a different password for it and it didn’t appear to be compromised but I changed it to a new random completely unique password as well. If you’re not using unique passwords for every site, I’d highly recommend doing so because there have definitely been breaches that I was unaware of.

I think it was compromised through a reused password. My heatware account had a different password for it and it didn’t appear to be compromised but I changed it to a new random completely unique password as well. If you’re not using unique passwords for every site, I’d highly recommend doing so because there have definitely been breaches that I was unaware of.

Do you have an EVGA account?

These things seem to unfold, and get caught within an hour or two generally, so maybe waiting a few hours before sending payment would add an extra layer of security.

Back