NCIX Lunar New Year Sale (Feb 18th - 25th)

NCIXAnthony

Official NCIX Representative
Canadian Flyer: http://www.ncix.com/promotion/
US Flyer: http://www.ncixus.com/hotdeals/

New customer from the US? Grab a $10 off or $20 gift card coupon code!
http://www.ncixus.com/go/?Welcome-02-2015

Happy Lunar New Year! Shout out to all the fellow Goats/Sheeps/Rams out there!

Notable deals for Canada:
Intel 730 series 240GB SSD $179
BenQ XL2411Z 24IN 144Hz Gaming Monitor $289
ASUS ROG G551JM i7-4710HQ and GTX 860M Gaming Laptop for $1199
D-Link DIR-880L Wireless AC1900 Router $149

Notable US deals:
Cooler Master N200 mATX Case $39
Corsair CX430 430W Power Supply $19 after $20 MIR
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked $329 after $10 MIR
MadCatz S.T.R.I.K.E. 3 RGB Keyboard $39

Awesome that you guys acknowledge Chinese New Years.

2nd link is broken I think.

This is off topic but, as a Chinese in America, it's so hard to give a crap about Chinese New Year when nobody around you cares (or even knows, for that matter).

This is off topic but, as a Chinese in America, it's so hard to give a crap about Chinese New Year when nobody around you cares (or even knows, for that matter).

As an American in America, its hard to give a crap about Chinese New Year when even the Chinese in American doesn't give a crap about it..

Don't a lot of Asian cultures besides Chinese celebrate New Year concurrently as well? It's all running on that lunar calendar of theirs.

I start caring once the red envelopes start getting passed around.

Don't a lot of Asian cultures besides Chinese celebrate New Year concurrently as well? It's all running on that lunar calendar of theirs.

Correct, we got Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, Mongolian, Tebetan, and Thai.

Holiday celebrations last 14 days.

The Lunar New Year is a public holiday, although this can vary depending on where it is celebrated. Most businesses in celebrating countries close during the celebrations and don't reopen until the fifth day. In China and Korea, everybody turns a year older on the seventh day of the New Year, which is known as "the common man's birthday."

During the celebrations, it is common for families and friends to visit each other, and a big dinner is normally held on New Year's Eve. The color red is worn and used in decorations to symbolize prosperity, and people give each other small ornaments and certain flowers, such as sunflowers and narcissus, to bring about a great year.

As an Asian American, I celebrate two New Years! :)

Although I picked up my Nighthawk for $150 a while back, this is still a good deal for the nearly equivalent D-Link.

I disagree that the RAM deal is hot. The 2133 RAM I posted the other day for $100 was hot, but more than that for 1333, meh.
I care when its an excuse to take out a cutie dragon lady, and pay her for sex with a red pamphlet and sticky cakes which provides a ruse of legitimacy. I mean, someone gives you a red pamphlet, food, and drinks, you're kind of obligated, you know?

Japanese people don't really celebrate the lunar new year anymore. I have a friend in Japan and he said nothing happens.

I care when its an excuse to take out a cutie dragon lady, and pay her for sex with a red pamphlet and sticky cakes which provides a ruse of legitimacy. I mean, someone gives you a red pamphlet, food, and drinks, you're kind of obligated, you know?

Bring me those things and I'll celebrate anything.

I wished someone happy Chinese New Year and he told me that it is politically incorrect to say that and I should say Lunar New Year. :rolleyes:

That's not someone you need in your life.
Yeah, it was someone at work. He wasn't acting pissed about it, probably just to inform me, but I still thought that was an odd hyper PC remark to make.

It's the equivalent of wishing someone Merry Christmas and s/he would say the proper/PC term to use is Happy Holidays. :rolleyes:

Does this still need to be stickied or is there a March update coming soon?

Back