Ncase MAX PSU required for OC TitanX(pascal)/6700K

lOCHLI

n00b
Hey guys few questions:

Can the new 800W SX-L fit in the Ncase with a long GPU? I think the my current SF600 is throttling my titan and 6700k when I apply overclocks (4.6 / +150/425)

HWm is showing about a 11.6/5v on the 12v under load as well as all other areas are not holding full voltages and wonder if this is causing issues.

Im actually trying to trouble shoot a BSOD (critical process died) error and I'm at the hardware phase. Trying to not buy a new CPU/MB combo if I don't have too lol. The reason Im bringing up the PSU furmark and other progs are reporting power throttling, even at -clocks and Im stumped.

I'm pretty sure that's not how it works.

Your PSU won't throttle. It will simply crash or become unstable if you are overdrawing from the PSU.

The only parts of the system that can throttle you CPU speeds are the motherboard VRMs getting overloaded, or the processor itself getting overheated.

The only part of your GPU that can throttle speeds is the onboard temperature and power limit. Make sure you have the power limit maxed.

Max power consumption of YOUR oced system would be around 500-550w. It likely uses 350-400w stock.

power_peak.png

You are more likely to be cooling throttled in such a tiny case, if you have invested in a well-designed motherboard and have already maxed the power limit in your GPU overclock utility.

Last edited:
Hey thanks for the quick reply. I actually have a full custom loop and delid, so I have 0 issues with heat. Ive included a picture for fun. Id imaging seeing the Vdrop is within spec, its just weird, as soon as I started pushing on the components, this BSOD appeared and I cant get rid of it, which is why I think there is a hardware fault.

So, if the system is pulling 500W MAX under load, then a 600W 80% PSU is under powered by around 100w?

Maybe it is the MB, I have a z170I pro gaming and I felt some of those caps on the motherboard were stupid hot....

20180208_150046.jpg

Hey thanks for the quick reply. I actually have a full custom loop and delid, so I have 0 issues with heat. Ive included a picture for fun. Id imaging seeing the Vdrop is within spec, its just weird, as soon as I started pushing on the components, this BSOD appeared and I cant get rid of it, which is why I think there is a hardware fault.

So, if the system is pulling 500W MAX under load, then a 600W 80% PSU is under powered by around 100w?

Maybe it is the MB, I have a z170I pro gaming and I felt some of those caps on the motherboard were stupid hot....

View attachment 125119
That's not how 600W 80+ etc. works..

Generally speaking, SFX-L PSUs will fit in the M1 with a long GPU, it's just a tight fit and the cables will push down against the back of the GPU.

The PSU should be able to provide 100% of its rated capacity, with a derating curve beyond a specified thermal limit. So a 600W power supply should provide the full 600W to your components.

The efficiency rating means that the power supply will use some percentage more power than it is delivering. So if it's 90% efficient and delivering, say, 300W to the computer, the actual power draw from the wall will be 300/0.9, or about 333W. That power lost to inefficiency (33W in this case) is expelled as heat by the PSU.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info all. Not only did I learn, I think I saved a few bucks. Thanks for the great case Necere! I have rebuilt this ting like 15times, and I still enjoy it everytime!

Silverstone has a 700 watt Gold rated SFX PSU out now & Corsair has a 750 watt Platinum rated SFX PSU coming out sometime in the near(ish) future...

Last edited:
Thanks for the info all. Not only did I learn, I think I saved a few bucks. Thanks for the great case Necere! I have rebuilt this ting like 15times, and I still enjoy it everytime!
Agreed 100% enjoy the system just make sure you use two separate pcie power connectors to the card and from the psu. They can get very very toasty.

Back