NCASE M1 v4 Build Thread | The Ultimate ITX Water Cooling Build

DemoonLee

n00b
pxmlkDm.jpg

NCASE M1 rev 4.0 | Hard Tube Water Cooling
Small But Unsimple

I. Introduction

This is my very first self assembled water cooling build. Through all the years, I have been admiring all other people's build, showcase, and pictures. I build a few machines for myself, family and friends all the time, however never had the gut to touch the water cooling.
Until the day I saw NCASE M1, I heard one sound speaking loudly from bottom of heart saying, "it's the time that should finally fulfill your dream".
After all the year of research, although never laid my hand on, the theoretical structure of watercooling was clear to me. However, the difficult part is how to fit everything into this small piece of box, literally a mail box.​

II. Parts

The total budget is $4000, and the final cost is very close to this value. Many of my friends think I am crazy to speed 4k dollar on something they can achieve within $2000 that can achieve the same performance.
Like I always told them: "Don't put a price on the dream."​

iyAlXVA.jpg

1. I purchase most of my part from performancepc.com. Their service is very nice, full stock, fast processing and shipping. The only thing that people should be careful is that they over charge a lot on shipping. Make sure you send them an email to have them return you the residual of the shipping cost.
  2. EK is company good at marketing and enclosure design, all their product looks extremely fancy. But when you receive them you will found the manufacture quality can't keep up with their nicely rendered images on their website.
  3. Bitspower is a very nice fitting brand, good looking product and also good quality. However very bad company website, spend a lot of time finding drawings from their website.
Computer Part

Computer Case
NCASE M1, rev 4.0​
CPU
Intel I7-6700K​
GPU
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti​
Mother Board
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT​
Memory
G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000​
Hard Drive
Intel 750 Serie 2.5'' 400GB PCI-E Express 3.0 x4 MLC Internal SSD (U2)​
PSU Silverstone
SFX 600W Full Modular​
Operating System
Win 10 Homee 64 bit (Flash Drive)​

Water Cooling Components

Reservoir
FrozenQ M1 NCase Reservoir​
Cooling Fan
4x Raijintek Aeolus beta-RW​
GPU Water Block
EK-FC Titan X - Acetal + Nickel​
GPU Water Block Backplate
EC-FC Titan X Backplate - Black​
CPU & Motherboard Waterblock
EK-FB ASUS M8I Monoblock - Acetal+Nickel​
Radiator
EK-Cool Stream SE 240
EK-Cool Stream SE 120​
PUMP
Swifttech MCP355 12V DC DDC PUMP​
Pump Top
Alphacool Laining DDC Acetal Top​
Pump Cooler
Bitspower Pump Cooler For DDC/MCP355​
Tube
8x Bitspower None Chamfer PETG 12mm OD Tube Length 500mm​
Coolant
2x Mayhems Pastel Coolant 1L​
Screws
3x COUNTER-632-1-BK
14x COUNTER-632-25-BK
36x MDY-ULF-AAW-RD M4
3x CS-M306-BO​
Fitting
1x Bitspower BP-MBWP-C04
3x Bitspower BP-MBWP-C25
7x Bitspower BP-MBWP-C39
1x Bitspower BP-MBWP-C40
1x Bitspower BP-MBWP-C42
3x Bitspower BP-MBWP-C43
1x Bitspower BP-MBWP-C60
1x Bitspower BP-MBWP-C63
3x Bitspower BP-DBRWP-C42
1x Bitspower BP-MBDG14AALPI
2x Bitspower BP-MBTMB
12x Bitspower BP-CBEML
10x Bitspower BP-DBRWP-C09​

Accessories and Tools

Ensourced Custom PSU Modular Cable
24 Pin Motherboard Cable, 20cm
8 Pin CPU|EPS Cable, 20cm
Single 4 Pin SATA Power Cable, 20 cm​

Switch
MODMYTOYS ANODIZED ILLUMINATED SWITCH​
Fan Dust Filtter
DEMCiflex Magnetic Fan Dust Filtter​
Tools
ArctiClean 1&2
Primochill Rigid Bender
XSPC Heavy Duty Hose Cutter
EK Silicon Bending Cord - 10mm
Bitspower Fill Syringe
Phobya Zuperzero Pure Water 1L​

III. Water Loop

I saw many of other people used the switchtech's cpu block pump module on the NCASE water cooling, I think it's a great idea. Saved a lot of spaces. Yet when I saw EK had that mono waterblock came out. My heart forbid me to compromise. So I had to change my design to find space for the pump. Until the end I could not find space for the pump, so I had to drill holes on the bottom plate to make it fit.​

a. Diagram
Here is the simple schematic diagram of the water loop and the structure.​
VK0LoOB.png

b. CPU EK-FB ASUS M8Imono Water Block
DP8gJ73.jpg

Y7NjC4b.jpg

c. GPU EK-FC Titan X Water Block + 120mm radiator (slim profile)
Silverstone has the slim profile fan as well, however only black and blue, for the bloody red I found this Raijintek that I never heard before, yet turned out pretty good. Quiet and powerful, all the fan wires are pre-sleeved. Nice product.​
FRmjzCZ.jpg

m2IOIUM.jpg

d. 240mm radiator and fans
84D3PQS.jpg

e. MCP355 Pump + Alphacool Pump Top + Bitspower pump radiator
vDjXZBv.jpg

FWKFPX8.jpg

f. FronzenQ M1 CASE Reservoir
OTyk77J.jpg

GMlH1LD.jpg

g. Top waterfall
L1JBbGL.jpg

h. Buttom water drain

CNVh62B.jpg

IV. Other Detail

a. Remove the switch panel, USB Port, headphone and microphone port.
Make space for the pump
xPL45cF.jpg

b. Put hard drive in the optical drive position. Use 3M tape for mounting
MHOuKlt.jpg

c. Red washer for nice looking
7hwuuJv.jpg

d. Memory
yhVX0aL.jpg

e. External Fan power circuit, really lovin it. Thank you ROG

fqFwBNH.jpg

V. Finished Work with Plates On

a. Front
6jiKugu.jpg

b. Back
3ULMMss.jpg

c. Left
OJ0wtTO.jpg

d. Right

ZzuXwbU.jpg

VI. Bench Test

a. Full load CPU GPU Stress Temperature Test
Max. Temperature within 55 C (131 F)
tXMXjLF.jpg

b. Hard Drive Speed Test
J2im4Oa.png

c. CPU GPU Performance Test

G8LbXyQ.jpg

VII. Thank you, hope you enjoy it.

I will be happy to answer any questions you have and/or take additional pictures. Feel free to request.

GX8Uz56.jpg

Last edited:
What a work of art! I dont want to know what that set you back if buying at MSRP!

May I ask for the reason for mounting the intel ssd with 3M tape instead of rubber feet? I am also build a similar machine with Asus M8I but I am still thinking which ssd to be used, the intel one can use the u2 interface which seems to be the best option.

May I ask for the reason for mounting the intel ssd with 3M tape instead of rubber feet? I am also build a similar machine with Asus M8I but I am still thinking which ssd to be used, the intel one can use the u2 interface which seems to be the best option.
No particular reseason. I have been using 3M mounting strip tape on SSD mounting for a long time. I just feel it's easier to do and flexible to do mortification, since SSD is light weight, 3M tape is more than enough to mount.

And yes, I think for M8I intel is the best choice to use.

The sticker is for covering the holes on the front bottom panel, since I removed the switch and USB ports for the pump.

Very nicely done, very detailed work ! But those logo stickers, they ruin the entire look.

I would have used something like Sugru to "patch" the holes and then cover it all up with some vinyl wrap.

Very nice and well designed.

Did you think about using thermal tape on the SSD to attached it with the front panel? IIRC, those SSDs get very hot and some extra cooling wouldn't hurt. Or sandwich the SSD with thermal tape on both sides?

Very nice and well designed.

Did you think about using thermal tape on the SSD to attached it with the front panel? IIRC, those SSDs get very hot and some extra cooling wouldn't hurt. Or sandwich the SSD with thermal tape on both sides?

That's a good suggestion, I thought the SSD I used has a full aluminum enclosure, so far, I haven't see it goes very hot.

Beautiful build. Wish that I had the budget to upgrade my NCase similarly, but for now I'll have to wait.

How do you mount the pump at the bottom of the case? Would you please share some pics?

The interior is awesome, but those stickers in the outside make it look like a cheap pre build pc on the outside. They have multiple color schemes, styles and sizes and does not match each other. Great if you like it like this, but perhaps you should try some custom stickers with a single color theme, preferably red/black to match the hardware. The power button looks great though.

I am still interested above all in how do you mount the pump and the drain port at the bottom of the case ;) Would you be so kind and share some pics of the bottom of the case? IMO the fully load temps are a little bit to high. Maybe fans with more static pressure (side panel) should lower the temps.

Back