NCASE M1 Softshell Carry Bag for community

The unofficial bag could be ordered in a slightly longer version to accomodate the external reservoir many people are using with their NCASEs. By the looks of it this wouldnt fit here, atleast not in the prototype bag, or am I wrong? Will NCases with external reservoir fit in the new bag?

Should fit.

wahaha360 Im also seriously interested in this, please count me in for your MOQ.
I'll be following this thread for the web page link to make the order

Could be possible to ship the bag to Europe?

Thanks in advance

I'm working on the website, maybe I can at least get the notification email going next week.

The pictures are awful, so excuse them.

I will need to retake on my flight next week.

KeZMaGTl.png

Last edited:
Wallye? Taktik? Interesting.

Also, with the website update, are we finally going to see an update to the NCase page to include things like a user manual and such?

Wallye? Taktik? Interesting.

Also, with the website update, are we finally going to see an update to the NCase page to include things like a user manual and such?

That's plan.

Time is the main issue with these things. If I have to fly a lot this spring, then the NCASE website will be delayed.

Just wanted to chime in and say it looks amazing and I can't wait! I just pre-ordered my M1 and this carry bag will be perfect for the mobile desktop build I have in mind.

Count me in for one as well! Really looking forward to the order page going up. Thanks for all your hard work man.

Can you put the keyboard on top of the NCase if its short enough? Like will the bag close?

438howY.png

The M1 inside the main compartment of the bag doesn't allow enough height for a mechanical keyboard. However, you can fit a Ten Key Less keyboard into the front pocket and the case into the main compartment.

pua8dkA.png
1mwhFJB.png

eg0EmGx.png
km6W9XU.png

If you intend to carry the A4 or Razer Core + Laptop, then the mechanical keyboard may fit, because both are not as tall as the M1.

Truly excited for this, when not moving my computer, I can use this as a drone bag too.
I have been using this bag for the DJI Mavic Drone and Gym also.

Here are the specs, description credit goes to PlayfulPhoenix:
  • Material: water resistant ballistic nylon
  • Outer dimensions: 40 x 30 x 20cm or ≈ 16 x 12 x 8in
  • Outer dimensions (expanded): 50 x 30 x 25cm or ≈ 20 x 12 x 10in
  • Main compartment dimensions: 37.5 x 25 x 17cm or ≈ 15 x 10 x 6.75in
  • Front pouch dimensions: 37.5 x 22.5 x 5cm or ≈ 15 x 9 x 2in
  • Side pouches dimensions: 18 x 22.5 x 5cm or ≈ 7 x 9 x 2in
  • Luggage handle pouch dimensions: 18 x 16.5cm or ≈ 7 x 6.5in
  • Gadget tray dimensions: 32 x 20cm or ≈ 12.5 x 8in
  • Weight: 1.8KG or ≈ 4 LBS
  • Weight (with gadget tray): 2.1KG or ≈ 4.6 LBS

eGqJtF8.png

Last edited:
The M1 inside the main compartment of the bag doesn't allow enough height for a mechanical keyboard.

However, you can fit a Ten Key Less keyboard into the front pocket and the case into the main compartment.

I also use this bag for my Razer Core+Laptop, DJI Drone, and Gym.

Here are the specs, credit goes to PlayfulPhoenix:

zn1wvjg.png

I'm pressing "Add to Cart" but nothing is happening :(

Very excited. Can't wait!

Haha, I have to set up a new company to keep this separate from NCASE, so paperwork and Shopify is taking longer than I thought.

Can you spill the beans on the 'PC plus Monitor "bag"' prototype that your friend is working on? You alluded (or your business friend) to it on Instagram.

There are 2 ways to do so.

I recently moved, I used the Duffle for my M1, and a monitor carrying case for my LG 31MU97. This setup works for traveling and moving. I have a friend in film and another in university testing this combo.

Nrtfwyzl.jpg

We are also working on another option involving a carry-on luggage, meant for people who fly (like me). However, it's still in prototyping stage.

The duffle you see today went through several prototypes as well.

I assume having the gadget trey in nullifies TKL storage?

Depends on how thick the gadgets on the Gadget Tray are. The pouch for the gadget tray is 50mm deep, so if you are using the gadget tray for cables and thinner external drives, the TKL keyboard will fit.

But if you have mouse, thick chargers, the pouch is not deep enough for both.

Ncase M1 owner here... I'm from the philippines, I am also too excited for this. i'll be a sure buyer too. any updates on this?

Is it going to be able to be used with a rolling luggage suitcase? Like sit on top and attach to the pull out handle?

Update:

The mfg I picked for the bag is effectively trying to back out of the deal.

We agreed on a bag MOQ of 300-500 in JAN. However, they are now telling me the YKK zippers will require 1000 MOQ.

My main concern is that unknown quality zippers will make the bag useless in the long run. So using a reputable brand like YKK is pretty essential.

I'm going to look for another supplier before wasting more time on this mfg, this sucks.

Reactions: Jspr
like this
Could the cost for those extra zippers be forwarded to the buyers or would that make the bags much more expensive? You would then have spare zippers for a potential second batch.

Or is it just a trick from them to try and have 1000 bags made?

It could be a trick to get you into 1000, but I dont think it is. The company may have a min order on those zippers that they need to make in order to get a good price on them.

Ask them if they have a min zipper order, and see if you can just get more zippers than you need and pass the cost (and extra zippers) onto us. Zippers are not terribly expensive, but it can make or break a deal for the maker.. (if they are making 10$ per bag, but loosing 7$ per bag due to extra zippers, its not worth it for them)

I dont think many of us would be too sad if the bag cost a extra $20 but came with 4 extra zippers...

edit
To give you a idea, here they sell ykk zippers.
https://www.zipperstop.com/product/ykk-5-water-repellent-separating/
these ones start at 7-10$ (depending on length for a single zipper) but the cost is nearly cut in half after you reach the 100 zipper point. but, at $5 per zipper, it can add up when you have 2000-3000 extra zippers you cant use or a loss of 10,000$-15,000$ in just zippers. (2000-3000 number based on how many zippers needed to make 1000 bags vs how many to make 500 bags (averaging 4 zippers per bag))

Last edited:
Reactions: Jspr
like this
Hoping for a sturdy shoulder strap for this one as the M1 itself can get quite heavy when fully decked out.

Best of luck with the mfg issues. Plenty of us anxiously awaiting the ability to order a bag. I'd be extra sold if I didn't have to figure out a separate monitor carrying instrument and there was already an option with the duffel!

Best of luck with the mfg issues. Plenty of us anxiously awaiting the ability to order a bag. I'd be extra sold if I didn't have to figure out a separate monitor carrying instrument and there was already an option with the duffel!

That'd be a heavy solution combined.

If combined, I agree with Pillars. It is also unwieldy if you somehow attached the monitor carrying case to the duffle. The Tactik Duffle can stack on a suitcase, I recommend putting the monitor into a suitcase, stacking the duffle on top, that's a lot easier (I already tried).

For those that fly, I'm working on a carry-on solution that includes monitor solution - because I need it too.

Combination M1:
- Personal Item (Tactick Duffle): M1, TKL Mechanical KB, Mouse, Cables, Battery banks
- Wheeled Carry-on Suitcase (Tactik Frequent Flyer 45L, still prototype stage): two Dell U2417H or one Samsung CFG70 24", HTC VIVE, Clothing + Shoes (like Vans, something low profile)

Combination PCX:
- Personal Item (Tactick Duffle): Clothing+ Shoes, Battery banks
- Wheeled Carry-on Suitcase (Tactik Frequent Flyer 45L, still prototype stage): two Dell U2417H or one Samsung CFG70 24", HTC VIVE, TKL Mechanical KB, Mouse, Cables

I want to make desktop performance truly portable and easy to carry, but I also need some space for cloth when I am flying.

Basically, M1 in the duffle and the monitor in a suitcase. Alternatively, PCX and monitor into the suitcase, the duffle for cloth. This year my itinerary consist of: US -> Asia -> US -> EU -> US -> Asia -> US. I will keep you guys posted on how well the setup works.

Last edited:
Just send/sell me a prototype duffle for testing and I'll be a happy chap:) I don't do any of the flight stuff, just LAN carry.

Back