NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

The H100i has been used in builds around here. Not sure about the 'Pro' model though. Guessing the size is all the same but with added features?

i use the H100i pro one on my 9900k it fits and it works quite well , around 30 C on idle and gaming 55C +- , will post some pictures later

story time ;D

a few pages befor i showed some pictures from my update v3tov6 , now i made some more changes

-2080ti blower -> 2080ti custom (msi ventus oc)
-bottom intake fans 120x25 noctua 2X -> 120X15 noctua 2X ( because graka slitly taller)
-changed the airflow on the aio from push (inside / outside) to pull autside / inside , fan at the rear from intake to exhaust
- 2x 2,5 ssd , 2x m.2 ssd
-it looks somewhat crowded but its not , there is alot of space betweet the parts only the graka and bottom coolers are tight but they dont touch each other , graka hight is 50mm says msi homepage

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg 06.jpg 07.jpg 08.jpg 09.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg

Last edited:
The website says the M1 restocks on 1/1/2020, but you still can't order one. Is there another place to buy one or put in a pre-order?

In a SFF forum post today, Necere wrote the following:

The plan was for 12pm PST/8pm GMT, but there may be a bit of a delay as I need to confirm the shipping schedule with w360 and it's currently 3am where he is.

ncase.com says "Orders will open on Saturday, January 4th at 9am PST/5pm GMT."

I am a bit lazy what changed from 6 to 6.1

And I would also like to know will there ever be a restock on the top panel with odd support? Because right now I us the odd top panel from v3 it fits but it seems to be a bit smaller in thickness

ncase.com says "Orders will open on Saturday, January 4th at 9am PST/5pm GMT."

I am a bit lazy what changed from 6 to 6.1

And I would also like to know will there ever be a restock on the top panel with odd support? Because right now I us the odd top panel from v3 it fits but it seems to be a bit smaller in thickness

This post at the SFF Forums contains the Change Log in the first post: https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/ncase-m1-v6-info.10687/
Click on "M1 V6 changelog" to open the list.

The top panel thickness was increased from 1.5 mm to 2.0 mm for V6, but earlier ODD Top Panels should still fit. Note: the V6 ODD tray has been changed to permit 9.5 mm thick optical drives now, in addition to 12.7 mm thick drives.

Hi thanks for the answer, I know the thickness had changed I had not the chance to buy my v6 with odd top panel and use mine from v3 for now , I just wunder if the odd top panel will be restocked some time soon

Hello! I am looking to run a Gigabyte 2070 Super GAMING OC in my upcoming Ncase build. I have read that this card fits on the official GPU list, however I would like to confirm that it fits in multiple cooling scenarios. (FYI the "Gaming OC" version is thicker than the "Windforce OC" version).

1. [STOCK CARD] Will be able to fit 2 25mm fans underneath?

2. [DE-SHROUDED W/ 2 25MM FANS] Will I be able to de-shroud this card and not worry about metal tabs like the strix? In that link's post a user comments on the Gigabyte card not having tabs, but I haven't been able to confirm this.
Additionally, if anyone has links/mentions to builds in the Ncase that feature this card please feel free to share with with me. Or any suggestions otherwise. I think this card is one of the better options since I do not want to run an Accelero and would like to stay away from modding for the most part (unless it's simply removing a shroud). Another option might be the FE which isn't extremely easy to get in Canada, or the EVGA (however this shroud can't be removed either like the Asus).

Hmm ... I'm very tempted to use this case for my next build ... now that you can cram an AIO in there quite easily.

Hello! I am looking to run a Gigabyte 2070 Super GAMING OC in my upcoming Ncase build. I have read that this card fits on the official GPU list, however I would like to confirm that it fits in multiple cooling scenarios. (FYI the "Gaming OC" version is thicker than the "Windforce OC" version).

1. [STOCK CARD] Will be able to fit 2 25mm fans underneath?

2. [DE-SHROUDED W/ 2 25MM FANS] Will I be able to de-shroud this card and not worry about metal tabs like the strix? In that link's post a user comments on the Gigabyte card not having tabs, but I haven't been able to confirm this.
Additionally, if anyone has links/mentions to builds in the Ncase that feature this card please feel free to share with with me. Or any suggestions otherwise. I think this card is one of the better options since I do not want to run an Accelero and would like to stay away from modding for the most part (unless it's simply removing a shroud). Another option might be the FE which isn't extremely easy to get in Canada, or the EVGA (however this shroud can't be removed either like the Asus).

The stock card is listed as 50.2 mm thick so that only leaves 16.8 mm underneath for bottom-mounted fans (total space for expansion cards and the space below them is 67 mm).

I read the reddit thread you linked to and it mentions a lack of tabs on the Gigabyte 2080, not the 2070. Gigabyte's website for the 2070 Super Gaming OC has an exploded view of the cooler and it appears to have no tabs, but the illustration may be simplified. Also, deshrouded, I don't know if there will be enough room under the bare heatsink for 25 mm fans. You need to gain 8.2 mm from deshrouding for 25 mm fans to fit and that appears to be a reasonable expectation, but then there's the possibility of tabs to deal with.

I'm a V2 owner here,when will the usb-c front i/o upgrade kit be in stock? i have been monitoring over the months and still it indicates no stock...
Thank you....

I don't know yet. I'll suggest that to w360.

It does touch; the way the bracket works is to hold the PSU against the wall of the case for stability. The PSU is offset to the left by a few mm.

I'm a V2 owner here,when will the usb-c front i/o upgrade kit be in stock? i have been monitoring over the months and still it indicates no stock...
Thank you....

+1
I need to get one for my new build. Fingers crossed their back soon!

Just got my Ncase delivered in Canada. Ordered 12/15/19, shipped 12/24/19, delivered 01/07/20. Not bad considering the holidays! Also I wasn't asked to pay duty? Is this normal?

Just got my Ncase delivered in Canada. Ordered 12/15/19, shipped 12/24/19, delivered 01/07/20. Not bad considering the holidays! Also I wasn't asked to pay duty? Is this normal?

I did not have to pay any taxes or duties for my delivery to (Ottawa) Canada, either. I was really expecting to.

Curious if anyone has had luck finding a good generic m.2 heatsink that fits on rear mounted motherboards. I am going to be using the Strix X570-i and here is what the back of the case looks like. Not sure how much clearance this will allow for but am interested to know what has worked for everyone!

Be careful about the height of the rear M.2 connector. They come in several heights and I found out the hard way that the one on my son's Asus Z170 Pro Gaming was too short (too close to the motherboard) to accommodate the SSD heatsink from EKWB. EKWB now lists a minimum height for the M.2 connector in order for their heatsink to be compatible.

Might be a stupid question, but do you guys use PH0 or PH1 size screw drivers for fan bracket/mobo screw/chassis etc?

Might be a stupid question, but do you guys use PH0 or PH1 size screw drivers for fan bracket/mobo screw/chassis etc?

I use a PH1. Do not overtighten the screws that attach most things to the chassis. I use a PH2 for the screws that attach a power supply to its mounting bracket and expansion cards to the chassis via their own mounting bracket.

I use a PH1. Do not overtighten the screws that attach most things to the chassis. I use a PH2 for the screws that attach a power supply to its mounting bracket and expansion cards to the chassis via their own mounting bracket.

When you say "expansion cards to the chassis via their own mounting bracket" you mean the screws holding the removable slots in place? the ones that actually get screwed into the gpu?

When you say "expansion cards to the chassis via their own mounting bracket" you mean the screws holding the removable slots in place? the ones that actually get screwed into the gpu?

Yes. But again, do not overtighten the screws that secure expansion cards to the chassis. I use a small PH1 to get the screws mostly tight, and then snug it up just a very small amount with the PH2. Finger-tight is the best way to describe how tight to make these screws. For screws that fasten the PSU mounting bracket or the side fan bracket to the chassis, only use the PH1.

Last edited:
Is there a current recommended hardware list for the M1 V6 / 6.1?

I'm for sure going to need a new CPU cooler (8700K) and my 1080Ti / AXIII will need compatible fans - all that and a new PSU and I think I'm good to go...

Is there a current recommended hardware list for the M1 V6 / 6.1?

I'm for sure going to need a new CPU cooler (8700K) and my 1080Ti / AXIII will need compatible fans - all that and a new PSU and I think I'm good to go...

You can't go wrong with a Noctua NH-U9S with dual fans for the i7-8700K.

I've heard it's pretty loud and that the C14 is quieter and performs better.
I have both of the fans on my U9S running on the low noise adaptors and even at full speed (1,600rpm iirc) they are not loud by any means. They're audible, but it's a quiet whoosh and far from unpleasant on the ear.

The C14 is discontinued, so if you can find one then buy one.

You can mod the C14S to fit, Dremel out the middle bar and bend to fit. This allows the rear, side bracket and an under sink fans to fit given you desink your ram. I run a delid 9700K at 4.8Ghz that doesn't break 60C gaming.

If those C14 hsf are complete and decent shape and decently priced best to jump on them.

I got mine for £32+shipping, another went for £42 + shipping and there's one still left. Mine was in good nick, but without any noctua fans or AM kit, but I was getting a Chromax replacement anyway. The other incl AM fitting + 2 original Noc fans. The one still available is at £3 so far! includes 2 original Noc round fans.

Dang March for the restock. Wanted that silver v6.1.

How's the build quality of the v6.1?

Can someone tell me how the thermals are on the v6 with a 2080Ti FE ?

Looking to nab this case upcoming restock

Supposedly June we see the next Ti flagship GPU. 3080Ti or whatever they intend to call it. Can't wait to see what this community does with that and the NCASE case.

Can someone tell me how the thermals are on the v6 with a 2080Ti FE ?

Looking to nab this case upcoming restock

I only have the V1 (first edition) but I have a FE in it and my GPU idles at 35 C on a cold day and 42 C in the dead of summer on a hot muggy day (my place doesn't have AC). At load it has never gone over 80 C regardless of ambient. usually in games I see about 65 C average. Running benchmarks, I see about 75-78 C max.
I think with the improved side panels of the V6, those temps should be a good chunk lower, but even right now with my setup (9900k w 240 AIO, 2080 TI FE) temps in this case are fantastic.
I can't wait for the accessories like the side panels, front i/o. etc to come in stock.

The only thing of note with my setup is that I have my NCASE mounted under my desk so it gets plenty of airflow under the case. (no filters installed at all)

I only have the V1 (first edition) but I have a FE in it and my GPU idles at 35 C on a cold day and 42 C in the dead of summer on a hot muggy day (my place doesn't have AC). At load it has never gone over 80 C regardless of ambient. usually in games I see about 65 C average. Running benchmarks, I see about 75-78 C max.
I think with the improved side panels of the V6, those temps should be a good chunk lower, but even right now with my setup (9900k w 240 AIO, 2080 TI FE) temps in this case are fantastic.
I can't wait for the accessories like the side panels, front i/o. etc to come in stock.

The only thing of note with my setup is that I have my NCASE mounted under my desk so it gets plenty of airflow under the case. (no filters installed at all)

Thank you so much!

Took like 3 different posts on 3 different sites for this reply haha I appreciate it.

Maybe temps will be even better with the v6 and I won't have to undervolt. Do you have bottom mounted fans as well or does the v1 not allow that?

Thank you so much!

Took like 3 different posts on 3 different sites for this reply haha I appreciate it.

Maybe temps will be even better with the v6 and I won't have to undervolt. Do you have bottom mounted fans as well or does the v1 not allow that?

I do not have any bottom mounted fans, I definitely intended to install them when I was building my PC, but I decided I would add them later if temps were not great. I already have 2x Noctua NF-A12x25 fans on my 240 AIO radiator already and I didn't feel like spending another $60 for 2 more if I didn't have to. After completing the build the temps were so good, I decided to just leave it as is, but it's nice to always have that option to add 2 more fans at the bottom if the need arises.
I still want to undervolt the GPU to really optimize for noise and heat when I have some free time. But having the case mounted under my desk makes any noise really tough to hear unless the GPU is working at full bore.

for reference: my system

I think my V6.1 is going to be delivered today - it's tracking around Austin.

I feel really unprepared - mostly I need to get the PSU but I'm wondering if I shouldn't just keep it in the box until the 3080Ti is released

My 1080Ti has the ACXIII installed - I know it will work, but I'm not sure all the effort makes sense with new cards likely a few months away.

Back