NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

So what's the verdict putting a SFX-L power supply in a Gen 1 Ncase with a large (GTX 780) graphics card?

I believe it was the Rev. 4 edition of the M1 case that added a slightly modified SFX bracket which raises the power supply a couple of more millimeters than the Rev. 1 bracket. This newer bracket can be bought on the Ncases.com website under M1 Accessories.

Idle temps around 27-31, max load 71,69,75,69,72,67. Think gpu is too much for this what do you guys think of those temps?

That block makes me want to move to X99 right now. What are your GPU temps? Do you not have a res? I've seen people use 92mm rads before on the side.

That sounds high, but probably expected due to the tight setup?

How does the loop handle fluid thermal expansion without a reservoir?

Opinions on the Raijintek Pallas? 140mm... will it fit?

U1NsHpe.jpg

qH8jelj.jpg

uFZcozW.jpg

Are you running similar setup and what are your temps?

See post 21234 if you're interested (y)

By and large, same setup. Overall temps after de-lidding my CPU are roughly the same as yours and GPU around 60.
I plan on adding a 92mm rad to try and reduce the fan speeds to make the setup more quiet.

To update from my previous post. I haven't overclocked anything. But with the 1070's fan set to 30%, and the two fans mounted on the bottom set to 500/600RPM it idles at around 30°C. On load I haven't seen it go above 68°C yet (although I'm going to overclock it to 2GHz soon).

As for the C7, it might be able to handle a small overclock, but that's probably it. At idle it hits 32/42°C, and at load it usually hits about 60°C.

To update from my previous post. I haven't overclocked anything. But with the 1070's fan set to 30%, and the two fans mounted on the bottom set to 500/600RPM it idles at around 30°C. On load I haven't seen it go above 68°C yet (although I'm going to overclock it to 2GHz soon).

As for the C7, it might be able to handle a small overclock, but that's probably it. At idle it hits 32/42°C, and at load it usually hits about 60°C.

I was able to OC my 1070 FE to 2025 MHz core and 9300 MHz memory, fortunately all the FE seem to have Samsung memory which usually OCs very well.

Thanks, your 1070 temp is lower than mine already. In my matx case, my 1070 runs 41 idle.

hi guys, really need some help here. i've just purchased a Zotac AMP 1070 (non-extreme version) and have set my eyes on getting the ncase m1. however, the breadth of the card is 148mm while on the site, it says that it can only fix a max of 140mm.

Please advise if anyone has successfully fitted this card into the ncase with the help of L shape PCI-E power connectors?

hi guys, really need some help here. i've just purchased a Zotac AMP 1070 (non-extreme version) and have set my eyes on getting the ncase m1. however, the breadth of the card is 148mm while on the site, it says that it can only fix a max of 140mm.

Please advise if anyone has successfully fitted this card into the ncase with the help of L shape PCI-E power connectors?

Sorry but the card will physically not fit in the case, refer to this image. Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
5fktEW1

Hy Folks

Summer Project Done.
Ready for Winter Days. Ready for great Stories. Ready for 1080p/60fps

Highly Inspired by Bluehandstechs M1 Build. Thx for that.

NCase M1 ITX Small Form Factor

CPU - Skylake 6700K
GPU - Nvidia Geforce GTX 980Ti
RAM - 16GB HyperX Fury DDR4-2133
Samsung SSD 850 EVO M.2 128 GB
Samsung 850 EVO Basic 500GB
Corsair SF600
ASUS Z170I PRO GAMING
XBOX ONE Elite Controller

Custom Selfmade Watercooling Loop

- Alphacool Radiator
- Alphacool Adapters
- EKWB Radiator
- Monsoon Hardline Fittings
- EKWB Waterblocks
- Monsoon PETG 13/10 Tubes
- Watercool Heatkiller Pump/Res Combo
- 2x Silverstone 120mm Fans
- Noctua 92mm Fan

Attachments

• DSC09805.jpg
    DSC09805.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 584
  • DSC09808.jpg
    DSC09808.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 1,119
  • DSC09815.jpg
    DSC09815.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 598
  • DSC09816.jpg
    DSC09816.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 598
  • DSC09819.jpg
    DSC09819.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 598
  • DSC09820.jpg
    DSC09820.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 585
  • DSC09821.jpg
    DSC09821.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 586
  • DSC09831.jpg
    DSC09831.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 604
  • DSC09840.jpg
    DSC09840.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 604
Last edited:
Hy Folks

Summer Project Done.

CPU - Skylake 6700K
Corsair SF600
ASUS Z170I PRO GAMING

- Alphacool Radiator
- Alphacool Adapters
- EKWB Radiator
- EKWB Waterblocks
- Noctua 92mm Fan

Looks amazing! - Great photography too..

Can you post some temps up at some point?
Which Noctua fan is that?

Thank you

Well the GPU is around 40-50 degrees more or less. The CPU is around 40-60. Sometimes the CPU hits 70, but I don't have any Idea why. I think its totally OK.

Its the Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM 92mm. I Just painted it black.

Hey guys. I'm brand new to this Forum.

I recently acquired the NCASE M1 V5 (Black) and I am currently watercooling it. This is the list of specs:

• Intel Core i7 6700k
  • Z170i Pro Gaming
  • Nvidia MSi GTX 1080 (8gb DDR5X)
  • 32GB HyperX DDR4 2133mhz
  • Corsair SF600 (600W)
  • 1tb Samsung EVO 750 SDD
  • NCASE M1 (mITX)
  • 2x Prolimatech Ultra Sleek Vortex 12
  • Custom sleeved cables
  • Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM
  • Barrow fittings - Black
  • EK EVO CPU Block nickel
  • EK-FC1080 GTX - Nickel
  • EKFC1080 GTX Backplate - Black
  • EK-CoolStream SE 240 (Slim)
  • Magicool DCP450
  • PETG hardtube XSPC clear
  • Mayhem Pastel UV green
  • Flow Indicator, Drain Valve, Custom sidepanel mod
This is teaser so far. http://i.imgur.com/y37F47b.jpg

I have a question while I'm at it...

I use the Coolstream SE240 in the bottom. It BARLEY fits and I've heard people talking about it not being that good, especielly in SFF cases like the NCASE M1. Is it worth switching to an Alphacool rad instead? Also - I'm tempted to put a 92mm alphacool rad in the rear - how much real difference do you think it will make? (edit: with a small-medium OC)

/// Daniel

I recently acquired the NCASE M1 V5 (Black) and I am currently watercooling it. This is the list of specs:

• Intel Core i7 6700k
  • Z170i Pro Gaming
  • Corsair SF600 (600W)
  • NCASE M1 (mITX)
  • Custom sleeved cables
  • Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM
  • EK-FC1080 GTX - Nickel
  • Magicool DCP450
  • Mayhem Pastel UV green

I use the Coolstream SE240 in the bottom. It BARLEY fits and I've heard people talking about it not being that good, especielly in SFF cases like the NCASE M1. Is it worth switching to an Alphacool rad instead? Also - I'm tempted to put a 92mm alphacool rad in the rear - how much real difference do you think it will make? (edit: with a small-medium OC)

/// Daniel

mcbirds switched to a Black Ice Nemesis GTS 240 Black and Chrome NCASE M1 says it is a much better radiator.

• Intel Core i7 6700k
  • Z170i Pro Gaming
  • Corsair SF600 (600W)
  • NCASE M1 (mITX)
  • Custom sleeved cables
  • Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM
  • EK-FC1080 GTX - Nickel
  • Magicool DCP450
  • Mayhem Pastel UV green

/// Daniel

I had the Coolstream in the bottom of mine - Not only does it not fit well, but the performance wasn't great. Switched to Black Ice Nemesis and the fit improved and temps dropped.
The Coolstream is a long and narrow radiator that interferes with the front I/O panel. The Black Ice is shorter so it fits without any issue ( Connections to front panel are all ok) and it's a little wider which fills the bottom of the case better.

I don't have any experience with the Alphacool sorry...

I had the Coolstream in the bottom of mine - Not only does it not fit well, but the performance wasn't great. Switched to Black Ice Nemesis and the fit improved and temps dropped.
The Coolstream is a long and narrow radiator that interferes with the front I/O panel. The Black Ice is shorter so it fits without any issue ( Connections to front panel are all ok) and it's a little wider which fills the bottom of the case better.

I don't have any experience with the Alphacool sorry...

Do you have pics of your rig?

Hy Folks

Summer Project Done.

CPU - Skylake 6700K
Corsair SF600
ASUS Z170I PRO GAMING

- Alphacool Radiator
- Alphacool Adapters
- EKWB Radiator
- EKWB Waterblocks
- Noctua 92mm Fan

What kind of pump/res combo is that?

The next batch of M1 Black NO ODD Slot and M1 Silver NO ODD Slot, and M1 Silver with ODD Slot will ship on 2016-NOV-23 PST.
Shame on me I wanted to procrastinate the buy. So, the only available at the moment is the ODD-Slotted Black one?

People I need to know! Don't want to order a CPU cooler that wont fit on my mobo! Will the Dark Rock TF fit on an Asus Z170i Gaming motherboard? Not sure about GPU yet. Let me know!

I just made up my mind about the GPU I want and now I just need to determine the CPU cooler :)

People I need to know! Don't want to order a CPU cooler that wont fit on my mobo! Will the Dark Rock TF fit on an Asus Z170i Gaming motherboard? Not sure about GPU yet. Let me know!

I just made up my mind about the GPU I want and now I just need to determine the CPU cooler :)

Check the first post to find the compatibility list. It only fits one way and typically touches the first ram stick. The Noctua C14 is recommended over it for fitment purposes. (not the c14s). It'll 'work' though.

So I use a Coolstream SE240 in the bottom of my build. I've seen a few builds with that rad but I'm worried about it not fitting with the GPU I/O panel touching it in the read. Anyone with proof that it works? (founders GTX 1080 with EK block and slim 15mm prolimatech fans)

Hy Folks

Summer Project Done.

CPU - Skylake 6700K
Corsair SF600
ASUS Z170I PRO GAMING

- Alphacool Radiator
- Alphacool Adapters
- EKWB Radiator
- EKWB Waterblocks
- Noctua 92mm Fan

Hey man. My build is looking very very similar to yours. A few questions. How did you paint your 92mm noctua fan? Just tape the fan blades and go wild? How good performance does a 92mm rad in the back give you compared to only a 240 in the bottom? looks dope af. ty

Back