NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

Alright, another quick question then, will the case fit one of the EVGA hybrid cards and one of the corsair AIO CPU coolers without issue? I'm trying to minimize heat load on the internals. Oh yea, just thought of another, where can I find good cabling that mounts fairly flat? I've never had to do cable management on the scale that this build will need, so it's a bit intimidating. Online suppliers would be best as I live quite a ways from a passable computer component store.

I'm having a problem with my v2. The screws on the Corsair h60 rad doesn't allow the side panel to enter right. Anyone had the same problem?
I have a H75, and the default screws Corsair provide (long-shank dome-head) DO cause the side panels to bow out. My solution was to fit the radiator directly to the side panel using short screws with flat heads, and mount the fan on the inside (pull configuration, though push as exhaust would work too).

Hi everyone, I have a few questions regarding cooling with the h100i.

1. Is the h100i gtx a better option for this case than the normal h100i?

2. With the h100i installed, are you able to fit an exhaust fan on the rear?

3. Any other cooling options you recommend?

Thanks everyone!

Can only help you with question 2, but with my h100i in there's about 1-1.5cm clearance so I doubt you could get a fan in.
I don't actually have nay other fans then the ones on the h100i and gpu and don't have a problem with temps at all, no mechanical drives though.

With a reference GPU there's plenty of space between the end of the card and the inside of the chassis, so I routed the 24 pin cable up through there and over the top of the card to the motherboard. I'd imagine it'd be more of a problem with cards over 11".
Oh I see, it can be routed cleaner looking if there's space b/w the end of the video card and the front of the chassis, and I guess not many people use a video card that leaves no space there.

Japan is a small market for us and Dirac's terms were favorable. Basically they just came to us and said we'll buy x units and we negotiated a price and that was that. Yes, it's a lower margin for us, but the quantity they wanted was about 4x our normal sales to Japan so in this case it made sense. They can also offer better support there.

Other distributors we've looked at have unfavorable terms for us which include a higher potential for returns and other support costs. As an example, if we were to use Fulfillment by Amazon we could expect returns rates of 20-30%, according to some sources. That's much higher than our current rate, and would make it difficult to stay afloat.
Thanks for sharing the story. With a little sacrifice on your side I suppose it was still a win-win for you guys and Dirac with you receiving the prelease 700W SFX-L unit.

It's not mentioned on the website because I didn't want add yet another long detailed explanation that would only apply to <1% of use cases while just adding confusion for the other 99%. But yes, you can mount the cage on the rear half of the bracket over the CPU, at the cost of CPU cooler height (obviously).

You can mount the HDD cage only over the CPU if you use an ATX power supply. It will limit CPU cooler height to around 65mm with two drives in the cage, or 75mm with one drive.

Hi Necere, how about one hdd over the cpu so i still have a 75mm clearance and one on the bottom?

I have a H75, and the default screws Corsair provide (long-shank dome-head) DO cause the side panels to bow out. My solution was to fit the radiator directly to the side panel using short screws with flat heads, and mount the fan on the inside (pull configuration, though push as exhaust would work too).

And how did you mount the fan on the inside? With other screws? Thx for the reply! :D

Hi everyone, I have a few questions regarding cooling with the h100i.

1. Is the h100i gtx a better option for this case than the normal h100i?

2. With the h100i installed, are you able to fit an exhaust fan on the rear?

3. Any other cooling options you recommend?

Thanks everyone!

I was willing to try and get a h100i gtx, but it isnt avaliable yet here in Brazil. Should be similar in thermal performance, imo the advantages of the gtx would be that it doesn't need a sata power connector (need to confirm this) and the narrow ilm compatibility (asetek designed clc), so it could be used with the asrock x99e-itx ac. Dunno about real life compatibility on that topic, just some ideas lol

I'm using a h100i tho, and you can fit a fan on the back if you adjust the radiator on the bracket so it goes a little bit to the right, but only slim variants (15mm or less), tested with a noctua a9x14 (14mm thick). 25mm thick ones dont fit, and you possibly lose the internal 2.5 inch ssd/hdd mount on the inside near the psu, due to the radiator's rightmost part being very near to the mounts.

Overall I dont think putting a fan on the back will make a lot of difference if you aren't using a open air gpu, gonna try and see if there's a significant temp difference later today (using a open air hd 5770 while waiting for a blower evga 970)

Hi Necere, how about one hdd over the cpu so i still have a 75mm clearance and one on the bottom?

That is also possible. But to answer your earlier question, I don't think the PSU will fit with your graphics card. The Powercolor 7950s are 275 mm, but your 160 mm PSU only allows a 195 mm card.

Thanks for the responses poneco and Avro.

Avro, I am not too worried about SATA ports (will only have 2 SSDs), so maybe the h100i is the safer bet for me. Doesn't sound like there is a whole lot of info on h100i GTX compatibility with the NCASE M1, so may not be worth the trouble.

poneco, You are probably right about not needing the rear exhaust fan. My GPU will have a blower cooler on it, so internal temps should be cool enough without one.

Thanks again!

Hi guys. Been following this forum for ages. Only just signed up. This case has got my blood pumping again to get back into the pc modding game. Its been years since, think the last time was 2001!

I work in a design role for large multi million construction projects with experience in cad and general techincal design/problem solving etc.

I guess custom pc modding is just a geek hobby of mine. But im loving the ncase!.. And wish to test out some layout/modding ideas to fit in the case.

Question is.. is there a 3d model available? Sketchup?

if not, im will to produce a accurate model for the community to use. Even the ncase designers could use it on their site...
just need some dimension diagrams to work from.

I don't know if the 3D model has been released, but there is a Sketchup model and all the product images on the website are renders.

Last edited:
Oh right. Wish the developer would release it... itll help plan some mods or help on component sizing

From the thread on the NCASE M1 and ASUS GTX 970 DirectCU Mini

I found this left-angle PCIe 8-pin extender...looks like it prevent you from having to bend your PSU cable. I might try this when I get everything together.

PTZDXrlm.jpg

Has anyone else tried theese? OP got them from Ebay.

From the thread on the NCASE M1 and ASUS GTX 970 DirectCU Mini

Has anyone else tried theese? OP got them from Ebay.
Looks good. I bought a bunch of the Alienware X51 6-pin thin connectors that I will eventually install but haven't heard much on this topic.

by the way any ncase users from the Philippines? ^_^

If I bring it there :p Small enough to put in a balikbayan box :D

By the way, I don't think your PSU will fit with the 7950. I have a reference 7970 and any modular ATX PSU will not fit it. I've checked everywhere for a modular ATX PSU that can fit with my 7970, but absolute zero luck finding one. I do have a regular ATX PSU though and it works my video card. Check my old posts.. I have a picture somewhere.

Does anyone have a direct link to purchase a PCIe riser card for putting a blower-style GPU in the bottom of the M1? I can't seem to find them for sale anywhere.

PSA: today (July 9th) is the last day to order the M1 for shipping starting July 15th from Taiwan.

Last edited:
Wouldn't your GPU be loose if you used one of these risers? It seems like the only thing that would be holding your GPU in place would be a single screw at the slot.

Wouldn't your GPU be loose if you used one of these risers? It seems like the only thing that would be holding your GPU in place would be a single screw at the slot.

Well, two screws because dual-bracket. But that's true, you wouldn't get any support for the card from it sitting inside the PCIe slot. Although I suppose all that would cause is extra sag on the card. Which doesn't REALLY matter because that's basically a cosmetic problem. It doesn't affect how the card runs.

Last edited:
I am looking to part out my M1 Ncase build if anyone is interested...

Asus Impact 6 z87 with newest bios for 4970k - $150 shipped
450watts sfx gold modular with flat cable pack - $75 shipped
M1 Ncase V1 silver -$190 shipped

Just a little update i've been running X99 NCASE like this for a while, trying to figure out what to do re: watercooling.

BDXAR6w.jpg

Finally some solutions are starting to come to light. I swapped the H100i for a Fractal Design Kelvin S24, and to get around the woes of the STRIX 980 I got an Alphacool GPX waterblock which only takes up reference PCB width getting around the wide PCB issue.

Dual rads and hardline to go. Just waiting custom cables and the FrozenQ reservoir to show up :D

The Sapphire Tri-X OC Radeon Fury might be one of the best high-end cards you can put inside the Ncase M1:

SapphireFront_575px.jpg

Double-slot 12" card with no extended PCB or heatsink !

SapphireRear_575px.jpg

Reference PCB so watercooling is an option.

Oh yes, and this:

75696.png

75699.png

Wow, look at that thermal performance !
It also performs nicely:

75664.png

75666.png

Source: Anandtech

Put some ducting between the bottom and the GPU, that's one fast & quiet card !

I'm not convinced it's a reference PCB until someone tears it apart and verifies Sapphire didn't change any components.

That being said, if it is, I agree, it's the perfect card. If you want to go watercooling it frees up valuable space and provides options as a result, otherwise on air it can be made to work quite well too.

I believe on the Nvidia side, similar statements can be made about the ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! (ZT-90503-10P).

Last edited:
It looks like the dual Fury X card will perform nicely with that Silverstone SFX 700.

Cross Fired Fury X's with a 3960x had a total system output of just under 600watts during peak gaming load according to PCPER.

Definately leaves the door open for a M1 build with X99 and Fury X2, just leaves minimal overclockability. Does anyone know if there is an eta on the 700 watt unit?

Last edited:
PSA: We've extended website pre-orders for the July 15th batch shipment until 11:59 PM PDT tomorrow (6:59 AM UTC on July 12th).

Last edited:
Been a while since my M1 was built, what's the best/quiet PSU that can do 500W+, should really get an sfx psu so I don't have to have an ATX one sitting on the outside with cables going everywhere.

Well the sfx 450w from silverstone with fan mod is good and popular but it isn't exactly the 500+ you were looking for. I am not so sure about the sx600 fan modding...

Back