NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

@Necere/w360 - Will the 3.5" HDD bracket be coming back to the accessory order page?

The main dealbreaker between the rest of the field and the VII is m.2 x4 support. The VII is the only board I have found that supports x4.
That is also the main reason I went with the M7I instead of another board, along with the fact it ticks most of my other request boxes (Intel NIC, ALC1150, headphone amp).

That is also the main reason I went with the M7I instead of another board, along with the fact it ticks most of my other request boxes (Intel NIC, ALC1150, headphone amp).

And I got one because ... er ... ATX24 socket placement :D

It allows the PSU to sit 2mm higher, allowing a little more slack for the SFX-L PSU's. And it has a cutout in the flange to allow the power cable to sit nicely without sharp bends, also relevant to the SFX-L PSU's different plug orientation.

Hi all, I'm really interested in getting this case, I've got an older i5-2500k LGA1155 system in a huge Silverstone FT02 and looking to fit it into a M1... basically the big components are the Noctua D14 cooler and the Gigabyte GTX 780 OC Rev 2, would those all fit in the M1??

Obviously I'd get a new mini-ITX mobo and PSU (any suggestions on those btw?) My 2500k in my current system is o/ced to 4.5Ghz...

Are the brackets for the SFX-L backwards compatible for V2?

Yes, it should be compatible with v3, v2 & v1 cases..

I've made it a point to keep parts backward compatible, but the V2+ top panel is one item that's not entirely. It's a bit too wide to fit with the V1 front panel. Any other combination of panel/chassis revisions will work, though.

It's up now. Shipping should be fixed as well.

Is it possible to ship the accessories (specifically the V3 PSU bracket) directly from TW instead of US? Since the V3 PSU brackets are currently pre-ordring with the M1 V3, maybe it could be shipped directly from TW just like the M1?
Thanks!

... basically the big components are the Noctua D14 cooler and the Gigabyte GTX 780 OC Rev 2, would those all fit in the M1??

According to Noctua the D14 is 160 mm tall. The M1 is limited to 130 mm tall coolers.

First of all, thx for the reading, your replies and sorry for my bad english.

I ordered a V2 case but i´ve still not mounted it. There are still some missing parts that i´ve not bought.

Till now, i have a Asus Z97iplus, i74790k, 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix tracer (orange), 500GB Crucial M500 SSD, a PNY Nvidia GTX770 (2GB) and a Lite on DVD reader+writer.

I´ve also preordered a Fractal Design S24 RL that will be on sale this week.

There are still some missing pieces that i´ve not decided what to buy. I´ve tried to read many pages of this thread, but i´m still in mess. I have some questions, and hope that someone can be kind enough to answer them:

- Which PSU? I´was thinking of buying a Silverstone 600 but i´ve read that they "sing" like birds and the 450W is quite noisy. As 500w has no available date, Which SFX PSU would you recommend for this rig? Is the noisy 450w less audible than the 600w?

- Which fans in the bottom of the case? I was thinking of buying a Silverstone Air Penetrator (Silverstone SST-AP121-WL) or Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS but i´ve found a rig that uses Slip Stream 120mm Slim Case Fan and with them there is more space between the fans and the graphic card. ¿What do you think?

Is it possible to ship the accessories (specifically the V3 PSU bracket) directly from TW instead of US? Since the V3 PSU brackets are currently pre-ordring with the M1 V3, maybe it could be shipped directly from TW just like the M1?
Thanks!

Yeh I as well expect that the accessories can be shipped from TW directly.

I think all V3 accessories will be shipped from Taiwan, but don't quote me on that. FYI shipping/website isn't my department; I'm just relaying your questions to w360, since he doesn't have a lot of time to keep up on the forum.

The 3.5 HDD and SFX PSU bracket it will be include for the V3 orders?

yep, it's outlined on the website:

The M1 comes with the following: screws for drive and fan mounting, rubber softmounts for drive mounting, 3.5" HDD cage, 2.5" stacking brackets, slim optical drive bracket, SFX PSU bracket, ATX PSU bracket, front USB/audio ports and power switch, left-angle internal AC cable, 4x 120mm fan filters, 4x 120mm metal fan grilles. No fans or paper manual are included.

I just went to order some accessories and am only being given the option of USPS shipping to Australia. If the parts are coming from TW like the actual case did, can we get TW Air as a shipping option?

Has anyone confirmed if you can get a 30mm radiator, 15mm fans underneath a GPU with waterblock into the bottom of the case?

Hi Guys!

I have a question about the graphics card height description...

Max height:
For cards up to 12.5" or cards in the third slot: 4.4"
For cards up to 11.5" in the first or second slot: 5.5" (4.7" at the PCIe power connectors)

Most of the 280x/290x cards are like 5.8" (looking at Asus 290x)
Will they fit without issue? I do not plan on watercooling.
I do plan on using (3) 3.5"hdd, 1 hdd, and the Silverstone 600 SFX

Most of the 280x/290x cards are like 5.8" (looking at Asus 290x)

most are well below 5.8"

The Asus 290x won't fit. The DCII cooler on that card is of the oversized kind.
A MSI 290x for example will easily fit in a M1

does anyone know if a GTX 780 TI MATRIX with an EK waterblock fit in this case?

FC780-GTX-Matrix_NA_full_590_webshop.jpg

Considering it's an already very tall card and the watercooling adds a significant amount: no, it won't fit, most likely with the air cooler it wouldn't either.

I have a reference R9 290X with an EK block and there is not much room between the fittings block that protrudes and the sidepanel.

Darn.
That was the one being recommended for "quietest" and coolest.
If I was going to aircool only, I guess the XFX DD edition is the best to go with?
Looks like the Arctic Cooling one will NOT fit :(

Any other suggestions for best stock card to get if the ASUS will not fit?

Darn.
That was the one being recommended for "quietest" and coolest.

who says, that the Asus is either the "quietest" or coolest?

afaik the sapphire vapor x version of the R290x fits.

edit: wait you want two use three (3) 3.5" drives ???? than only dual slot cards can be used.

Last edited:
A heads-up that this will be available soon, considered a true replacement for the Swiftech H220 which is often plagued with a failing pump, the Kelvin series has just been "officially" launched:

Fractal Design Kelvin S24

Key features:

• Fantastic cooling performance
    • The strong pump and the full-copper construction places the Kelvin Series Water Cooling system ahead of the pack in cooling performance.
  • Expandable system. Just open it up to get the full benefits of custom water cooling, with the ability to add any components you want to the loop, such as a graphics card cooler.
    • High pressure pump allows strong water flow rates even when an additional CPU or GPU water block or an additional radiator has been added to the loop.
    • All parts have fully standard G 1/4" thread fittings for compatibility with the vast majority of enthusiast water cooling products.
    • The tubes are fastened with two-part brass fittings, providing a secure seal while being easy to open and re-seal with a standard wrench.
    • Easy refilling with dedicated fill port
  • Made with enthusiast-grade components developed in cooperation with Alphacool
    • Highly reliable ceramic bearing pump, with custom tuned maximum RPM for the optimal balance between performance and noise level
    • Full copper radiator
    • Full copper CPU Water block design featuring strategic jet plate improvements
  • Long lifetime. The performance of most pre-filled water cooling systems degrade quite significantly over time, because of galvanic corrosion and water loss.
    • Galvanic corrosion occurs over time when two metals with different galvanic potential (such as aluminum and copper) are in contact. It can be slowed with anti-corrosion additives in the water, but the best way to maintain performance over time is to use metals with similar galvanic potential. The Kelvin Series water cooling system is constructed with pure copper in both the radiator and the water block, along with brass fittings.
    • To avoid the common issue of most pre-filled water cooling units (that tend to lose performance over time due to water loss in the tubes), Fractal Design equipped the Kelvin series with a fill dedicated port.

It's block fittings are also located on the same side (H220 has them on opposing sides), making it compatible with more motherboards.

MSRP: $ 119.99 | £ 74.99 | € 94.95

zOtDW6f.jpg

PNrkeqT.jpg

General Specifications:

• Block/pump assembly measurements: 69*69*40 mm
  • Tubing Measurements: 320mm long, 11mm outer and 8mm inner diameter
  • Fitted with anti-kink coils for worry-free installation
  • Kelvin S24 Radiator Measurements: 30*124*275mm
  • Thread class for fill port and all tube fittings: G 1/4"
  • Supported sockets: Intel: 775,1150,1155,1156,1366,2011; AMD: AM2,AM2+,AM3,AM3+,FM1,FM2,FM2+
  • Fans included: 2 pcs
  • Fractal Design Zero™ Thermal Paste ; 1 g syringe, sufficient for multiple mountings
  • Colors Available: Black
  • Net weight - Base unit only, not including mounting or fans: 1.2 kg
  • Net weight - SS-HP fan, per fan: 165 g
  • Net weight - Total excluding packaging and manual. Includes fans, mounting kit for all platforms, cooling paste (including packaging for the cooling paste) and adapter cable: 1.8 kg
  • Package dimensions - W x H x D: 350*250*151 mm
  • Package weight: 2.5 kg

Fan Specification:

• Fractal Design Silent Series HP 120 mm
  • 800 - 1700 RPM
  • PWM control
  • Max air flow: 62.4 CFM
  • Max pressure: 2.33 mm H2O
  • Acoustical noise: 26.9 dB(A)
  • DC 12V, 0.18A

Pump Specification:

• Ceramic bearing
  • 2400 RPM
  • Voltage control
  • Maximum water flow: 72 l/h
  • Maximum pressure: 1.0 m H2O
  • Acoustical noise: 25.0 dB(A)
  • DC 12V, 0.27A

Package contents:

• Fractal Design Kelvin S24 pre-assembled Water Cooling Unit
  • 2 Fractal Design Silent Series HP PWM controlled fans
  • Intel 775,1150,1155,1156,1366 mounting hardware (including back plate)
  • Intel 2011 mounting hardware
  • AMD AM2,AM2+,AM3,AM3+,FM1,FM2,FM2+ mounting hardware
  • PWM splitter cable
  • Fractal Design Zero™ Thermal Paste, 1g Syringe
  • Long and short radiator mounting screws
  • User manual

Last edited:
What I gather from both: performance is a little worse than the H100i, little louder than H100i (both reviews mention pump) and it has the fillport on the block, not the radiator (like H220). Considering the H100i has a 10% slimmer radiator, I would have expected it to perform better than the H100i because of this, but it does not. The other big differences being that the Kelvin is allowed to be expanded and has screw fittings.

If the H100i(too loud) and H220(not available anymore) are out of the equation, which set is to be recommended then for in the nCase? The Coolermaster Nepton 240M is getting good reviews, but it's a closed loop AIO and haven't seen figures or complaints on pump noise.

Last edited:
The internets made that claim from what I've read; at least for air cooling.

The 3rd 3.5" is on the floor so it would be taken up by a big card right? I should be able to use (2) 3.5" and (1) ssd?

Nice find. So it's finally here. Still debating wether or not to gat a custom WC loop going using this or to get an Arctic Accelero for the GPU and keep it on air. Looking forward to seeing som english revews on this as well as (hopefully) some feedback here if anyone tries it out.

What I gather from both: performance is a little worse than the H100i, little louder than H100i (both reviews mention pump) and it has the fillport on the block, not the radiator (like H220). Considering the H100i has a 10% slimmer radiator, I would have expected it to perform better than the H100i because of this, but it does not. The other big differences being that the Kelvin is allowed to be expanded and has screw fittings.

I have no experience with pump noise and i have to admit i am a bit apprehensive about investing more money in an unknown than to keep safe with air. I have heard those corsair AIO's can be a bit obnoxious.

Planning to put a Asus P8Z77-I with a 2500k and a Corsair H100i when my M1 comes in, will this work/fit?

I'm new to water cooling but how would I go about making a full loop with a GPU cooler??

A heads-up that this will be available soon, considered a true replacement for the Swiftech H220 which is often plagued with a failing pump, the Kelvin series has just been "officially" launched:

I was just getting on to share this BIG NEWS! haha Excited and can't wait to see how it performs long term. Also excited to see them in NCases!

I have been reluctant to get an Apogee Drive II and glad I did. I have high expectation with this cooler.

I just went to order some accessories and am only being given the option of USPS shipping to Australia. If the parts are coming from TW like the actual case did, can we get TW Air as a shipping option?

Went to order the bracket and the only shipping option I see as well is USPS.

Back