NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

Well done irek83 ! You have proven me wrong, there is indeed one setup where a bottom-mounted radiator in the Ncase M1 makes sense :D

Do you have the wobbling issue as well? Your top panel looks like its not quite straight from the picture (might just be the picture). If the entire case is a bit off you could try the tecnique described in the youtube clip a couple of posts back and see if it helps.

I did test for wobble, but my table isn't flat so it wasn't conclusive... If there is any, it's very slight.
There's absolutely no wobble with components in the case.

...so i just went and ordered this Ncase. I was supposed to "buy few" components and mix+match them with my little brothers old computer to build a proper computer for my kids. It was supposed to be cheap.....and it, well things didnt go as planned :)

I am in need of bit advice, if anyone can help.

ive got E3-1231V3 cpu, Asrock Z97E-ITX/ac mobo and i have no idea how to do the air cooling for this. Would Noctua's NH-L12 be enough for the cpu? Should the cpu cooler be pulling in air or rather pushing it out?

Also ive got Asus R9 270 gpu, should i leave it like that at the bottom - or put couple fans to help it out?

If possible, id like to fit in eventually 2 ssd's and one hdd: 3,5" if possible, if not then 2,5". DVD thingie isnt must, but who knows if in the far future.

I am not in particular rush as i think it will take like one and half months for me to get my hands on the case. or more :/

Oh computers. What a hobby. Great when things work, not so much when they don't. Is it any wonder people buy Macs?

Yep, great when they work but when they dont they're nothing more than a big paper weight. :D

Props for that, it's a hell of a mod. I'm wondering too if you cut the back panel? Because I'm thinking that you could get around doing that by using the P8 Z77-I Deluxe's Virtu MVP and use one of its video ports instead. It's a little tricky to set up, but it works well enough once it is.

OMG DAT THANG!!!!

But as Sanguineus said, would like to see the back of it. Though I guess you're connecting the monitor to the mobo?

Edit: Hmm I wonder about the whole setup now: cpu block, pump, riser card etc. Also wondering if I can fit my gtx 780 ti dual classified this way, instead of selling it and buying a blower style SC version. (vga height issues)

Got my case and overall quite pleased with it.

Only flaw I've found is that one side panel sits noticeably higher than the other at the front and slopes down towards the case rear.

good its not just me! i have the opposite problem. my CPU cooler side panel sits noticeably higher at the back than at the front, which is a little aggravating nd wouldnt be so annoying if it wasnt sooooo close to my eye level haha

ive had a look and it appears that it likely the result of one of the panel mounting pins not being 100% where it should, causing the whole panel to sit...off. i tried fixing it by removing a couple of the pin receivers on the chassis but that didnt really help a lot.

Got my case and overall quite pleased with it.

Only flaw I've found is that one side panel sits noticeably higher than the other at the front and slopes down towards the case rear.

I'm sorry about the situation.

I just responded to your email and had a discussion with Necere.

That's just unacceptable and ridiculous that it made out of the factory.

I will take care of the replacement - talk over email.

good its not just me! i have the opposite problem. my CPU cooler side panel sits noticeably higher at the back than at the front, which is a little aggravating nd wouldnt be so annoying if it wasnt sooooo close to my eye level haha

ive had a look and it appears that it likely the result of one of the panel mounting pins not being 100% where it should, causing the whole panel to sit...off. i tried fixing it by removing a couple of the pin receivers on the chassis but that didnt really help a lot.

Again, sorry for the situation.

Email me (info AT ncases.com) with pictures.

I want to take a look.

Hey guys

I asked this on the other thread but no answers... so going to try this..

Does anyone have any tips on how to get the GPU cooler?

I'm running:
3770K w/H100i - Fans @ push (intaking air in)
Radeon 7950 Blower style
SFX 450W Bronze - intaking cool air

Should I have 2 fans on the bottom to intake cool air?
How can you raise the feet? The feet right now is not raising the case that much, only by a couple MM

Thanks

Radeon 7950 Blower style

AMD cards tend to run hot on air anyway. What kind of temperatures are you getting? Is the path from the fan wheel to the bottom of the case obstructed by any cables or anything? Have you tried with the H100i exhausting air instead?

Hey guys

I asked this on the other thread but no answers... so going to try this..

I'm running:
Radeon 7950 Blower style
SFX 450W Bronze - intaking cool air

Should I have 2 fans on the bottom to intake cool air?
How can you raise the feet? The feet right now is not raising the case that much, only by a couple MM

Thanks

One intake fan at the bottom front of the case is probably all that can help to improve the GPU temperature. Second fan at the bottom back might improve the ambient temperature but it'll probably not help with the GPU temperature.
You can raise the feet by putting two small books at the front and the back. But I replaced my feet with Lian Li SD-04, which raised the case by 1.3cm.

Edit: omg your HIS Radeon has one fan right in the middle of the GPU. You probably need two fans.

Last edited:
[Very cool mod]

That's an awesome mod, kudos!

Doing it that way, an SFX-L would fit without issue. And for those of us who don't do custom water cooling, it would work with any air cooled graphics card as long as an AIO is used to cool the cpu (having the rad in the bottom of the case, just as you've done). Having a blower cooler on the graphics card wouldn't be as important either.

Care to share the specifics of your mod, especially the pci extender and mounting of the graphics card?

I want to take a look.

thanks guys, i appreciate this, ill get some photos to you early next week when im off my work block.

its not a massive deal to me, but just an inconvenience that takes away from the amazingness of the rest of the case, which i cant fault.

One intake fan at the bottom front of the case is probably all that can help to improve the GPU temperature. Second fan at the bottom back might improve the ambient temperature but it'll probably not help with the GPU temperature.
You can raise the feet by putting two small books at the front and the back. But I replaced my feet with Lian Li SD-04, which raised the case by 1.3cm.

Edit: omg your HIS Radeon has one fan right in the middle of the GPU. You probably need two fans.

No it only has one fan, it's the blowers style version

No it only has one fan, it's the blowers style version

I know, but it's right in the middle, which is a bad position in the M1, because there's no way to attach a single fan in the middle.
Probably one fan on any side on the bottom will help a bit.

got my replacement parts. thanks wahaha360 ;)

14hAwkHl.jpg

Would switching the fans to exhaust on my H100i help?

If it's blower style, it probably won't help much. But the only way to know is to try it out.
Who knows, it might remove the little bit of hot air on top of the GPU and lower the GPU temp a little.

I think you might be looking an entirely different model

This is the one I have http://www.hisdigital.com/un/product2-693.shtml

Oh, that explains a lot. It's got a blower fan, but the shroud is completely open. Normally the reference GPUs with impeller fan are closed, to force the air out the back. But this one is just going to be pushing air out all over the place.

I would start with trying a case fan under the GPU fan, and only if that doesn't help then switch the H100i to exhaust.

Oh, that explains a lot. It's got a blower fan, but the shroud is completely open. Normally the reference GPUs with impeller fan are closed, to force the air out the back. But this one is just going to be pushing air out all over the place.

I would start with trying a case fan under the GPU fan, and only if that doesn't help then switch the H100i to exhaust.

Alright, maybe I can mod something to enclose the whole shroud?

Finally got around unpacking my little Ncase M1.

Zalman Z-Machine GT-1000 for size. :rock:

Yes it's tiny. Silver is more visible. (got the panel kit)

It's super lightweight compared to the Zalman. (That case is 20Kg with everything included)

If it really annoys, it has been suggested to use some black tape on the braces where the top panel rests on.

If anyone has a Silver V2 without slot they want to get rid of, PM me. I waited too long deciding between black and silver and it sold out. :(

Last edited:
Well done irek83 ! You have proven me wrong, there is indeed one setup where a bottom-mounted radiator in the Ncase M1 makes sense :D

Why do you say that? Having a bottom mounted rad with slim fans will lower temps regardless. Granted that build looks gorgeous.

Hi guys, I'm really happy everybody likes my Black Pyxis :)
Here is my worklog and few pics of backplate for GPU
ELDER make for me custom parts and he is the best
Temps are not good, 30 min play Tomb Raider and GPU 57* CPU 59* coolant temp 55* , fans run on 1300 rpm
Build was not easy, especially was hard install all components and custom parts.
Finally i'm happy with my mod and maybe in future I will do external 360 radiator.
Thanks guys

Temps are not good, 30 min play Tomb Raider and GPU 57* CPU 59* coolant temp 55* , fans run on 1300 rpm
I wouldn't say those are bad temps for a 240mm radiator. It may not compare to much larger watercooling setups, but it's still a lot better than air (and probably quieter as well).

I wouldn't say those are bad temps for a 240mm radiator. It may not compare to much larger watercooling setups, but it's still a lot better than air (and probably quieter as well).

Indeed it's a better but i'm still worry about liquid temp
thanks for the side panel :D

God damn it. I didn't even notice it, but I sure do now.

Noticed my right side (PSU side) panel is the same way. I thought it was because I was using V2 panels on a V1 case but it looks as if it's a panel itself. Some pics below. 1st two are the left side with perfect fitment, last two are the right side with the fitment issue.

mI87V6Ol.jpg

YfBGFnjl.jpg

5K4Zt9Cl.jpg

o7X98MZl.jpg

If your case has a manufacturing defect and you want to request a replacement, email w360 with pics (info at ncases). He travels quite a bit and isn't on the forum on a daily basis, so emailing him directly is really the best way to get his attention.

LL is on the hook for replacements for manufacturing defects, so aside from taking up w360's time, it doesn't cost us. It sucks that we're seeing these issues at all; for what you guys are paying for the case, you should definitely expect better quality control than what some of you are getting. If/when we do another production run, we'll definitely need to have a talk with LL about QC.

I want to take a look.

link to the image

http://cdn.overclock.net/7/72/724636dd_photo.jpeg

i nee to get me some photo hosting site, as OCN doesnt like me using it to post pccies on here haha

ill email you with some details about the case? anything you want to know in particular? serial number etc or just the photo?

Back