NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

Where are you planning on mounting the 120 rad? The back fan vent? I'm planning on a full loop with GPU added to an H220 and would like to add a second rad if possible.

It definitely includes some non-priority shipments. I ordered during the last days of the final ordering window on ncases.com. I think someone posted recently that they were a 1st shipment list order on #26 as well.

There is no 120mm fan vent on the back panel. Its a 92mm fan vent. If your radiator is thin (25mm) then you can put four fans on the radiator and two fans on the bottom intakes. But there isn't room for a full loop, GPU, H220, and 6 120mm fans.

Shipment #26 doesn't have different priorities. The priority lists #1, #2, and 'last days' don't make any difference. One boat and all are Priority Mail. The only difference in delivery times is relative location to NY and access to fast freeways and timing and capacity of available trucks.

On a side note, i snagged one of those slim blu-ray burners but forgot that I needed a special cable for it. Anyone have a link of the best one available ? Thanks !

All depends on how you plan to connect it. The Startech that Thefivetheory linked will allow you to use your own SATA and full-size SATA power cables, or there are many cables like the Silverstone CP10 that have built-in SATA and are powered by 4-pin Molex (LINK), or you could also use the slim SATA power connector of the PP05-E or similar kit, for Silverstone PSUs and your own SATA cable (LINK).

Please keep the discussion about the ST45SF-G and other SFX PSU's out of this topic, it is very annoying. Not everyone is bothered with the noise which is greatly exagerated in this forum.

Worth quoting. You guys are way off topic.

My apologies, but how the fuck is discussing both a current and an upcoming SFX PSU that interests (or is already owned by) over 80% of the people here off-topic - or any different than discussing any other component that is regularly discussed here??

Get lost :rolleyes:

Long time lurker here. Dispatch 26 received today @Bay Area, CA. None of the tracking info ever updated on USPS or the Taiwan Postal Office website for the past 2 months for me. Hope this helps others that are anxiously waiting on the west coast.

Wahaha360 and Necere: Thank you so much for your extraordinary efforts. I received my M1 NCASE this week in western Washington. The case is a gem—and tiny! Thank you again.

So happy to have my case. And so in over my head. All the different screws has completely thrown me. I think i finally identified the right motherboard screws (there were 6 of which I used 4?). Are the ODD screws the smallest damn near microscopic ones (I have 5)?

My apologies, but how the fuck is discussing both a current and an upcoming SFX PSU that interests (or is already owned by) over 80% of the people here off-topic - or any different than discussing any other component that is regularly discussed here??

LOL, agreed. Like this thread isn't a jumbled mess. Who gives a shit.

Edit: Is there a M1 case owner group yet ? If not we should defiantly get that started :)

Last edited:

Because most talk is about the noise of the ST45SF-G, speculation on the unannounced (officially) 550+W version and how it should be semi-fanless.

My apologies but how about the people take the offtopic noise hypochondriac frustrations and super PSU pipe dreams somewhere else than the Ncase topic ?

A note was left at my door. They tried to deliver my case but I wasn't here. I'm from Los Angeles California by the way. Will get it redelivered tomorrow.

Hey everybody, I've been lurking this thread for a couple months now and finally decided to post. First off I want to thank Necere and Wahaha360 for the amazing case. I was on dispatch #26 and received the case on the 24th in Michigan. I appreciate the tremendous effort you two have put forth to make this a reality. I hope you both had a great holiday!

I also received the FrozenQ Reservoir in the mail today. Just letting the community know that they should be getting theirs soon as well. It has some good weight to it and I am surprised that I received it so soon after the fire at FrozenQ.

IMAG0086.jpg
IMAG0088_BURST001.jpg
IMAG0089.jpg

As someone quite new to watercooling, I was wondering if it is possible to add this reservoir to an already existing Swiftech H220 loop. Is it possible to use this in conjunction with the H220 radiator or will I have to purchase a new one? If I do put my graphics card underwater I plan on attempting a loop similar to the renders posted by OverRated earlier here: http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1040466301&postcount=8496

Sorry about the photo quality as they were taken off my phone :D

I was wondering if it is possible to add this reservoir to an already existing Swiftech H220 loop. Is it possible to use this in conjunction with the H220 radiator or will I have to purchase a new one?

You certainly can add a reservoir to the H220 loop, no problem.

#134 received with no-odd top today in good shape here in Eugene, Oregon. Thanks again for putting this on guys.

All depends on how you plan to connect it. The Startech that Thefivetheory linked will allow you to use your own SATA and full-size SATA power cables, or there are many cables like the Silverstone CP10 that have built-in SATA and are powered by 4-pin Molex (LINK), or you could also use the slim SATA power connector of the PP05-E or similar kit, for Silverstone PSUs and your own SATA cable (LINK).

I think discussing the current 450w models is fine but discussing a psu that does not exist and how noisey it will be or could be and etc., is a bit off topic. Especially the noise argument. The topic has been beaten to death really. I can't speak for others but I get the impression some people are getting tired of it.

I also received the FrozenQ Reservoir in the mail today. Just letting the community know that they should be getting theirs soon as well. It has some good weight to it and I am surprised that I received it so soon after the fire at FrozenQ.

IMAG0086.jpg

I'm glad they are starting to arrive. Would you mount it on the back of your M1 and post some pictures of the mounting screw holes and the tube/fitting holes that pass through the back of the M1? I would like to see how well they line up. Also one that shows the clearance between the reservoir and the M1 expansion slot cover? It looks like he doubled the diameter of the end mill, maybe to cut faster. Can you also show a picture at an angle that shows the interior hole under the baffle? With the larger end mill and the less steep angle of the baffle it looks kinda tight. Any stress cracks in the acrylic face plate? Does the gasket have a seam and if so is it tight or does it have a gap?

Did you guys actually receive shipping notifications from Frozen-Q prior to receiving your reservoirs? I haven't received one and they ignored my previous e-mail.

Here a link to pictures from my build (Swifttech H220, Asus Impact, EVGA Geforce 780 Hydro Copper).
You can see what I mean by video card slanted and not the cleanest cable management. I am happy anyway since everything works perfectly so I guess the PCI_E express slot and the video card can handle it. Been gaming on it for 3 days now with no issues.

http://imgur.com/a/cV1I6/all

It's finally here #432! Thanks so much W360 & Necere! Got the FrozenQ res as well! Now onto mobo and ram.

Did you guys actually receive shipping notifications from Frozen-Q prior to receiving your reservoirs? I haven't received one and they ignored my previous e-mail.

Same here with last 3 emails, and supposedly mine was finished being milled early Dec.

Here a link to pictures from my build (Swifttech H220, Asus Impact, EVGA Geforce 780 Hydro Copper).
You can see what I mean by video card slanted and not the cleanest cable management. I am happy anyway since everything works perfectly so I guess the PCI_E express slot and the video card can handle it. Been gaming on it for 3 days now with no issues.

Isn't that eventually going to stress fracture the PCB? Being bent plus extreme heat cycles?

I'm also waiting to hear back from w360 bent top like others but didn't care until, I tried the AD2....pump running causes the top plate to vibrate and make annoying noises.

My frozen Q res only has 2 threaded inserts on the back. My case side panels are flared out ever so slightly. I hope it doesn't vibrate.
Edit: After looking at the pictures above he defiantly has 4 threaded inserts. I mean it would probably work with 2 but I will defiantly need 2 more.
My res also has a small scratch a little below the baffle on the right. Come on quality control !

Last edited:

My goodness is that GPU slanting hard :eek:

Is it because of the cables or tubing pushing it down or is it just GPU sag?

ptrout said:
Isn't that eventually going to stress fracture the PCB? Being bent plus extreme heat cycles?

It a risk but I think it a much smaller risk then many people would believe. They make those PCB's fairly strong. I seen sagging video cards run for years with out issue. Defiantly not something I would recommend or risk someone else money with but it a risk am willing to take with my own money in this instance.

Truthfully am more worried about the H220 pump failing then the video card failing.

Is it because of the cables or tubing pushing it down or is it just GPU sag?

I think it due to fittings/tubing. When I install the h220 radiator it pushed down on the EK CSQ G1/4 Thread 90° Fitting Adapter attached to the GPU. I pushed really hard to get the skew in to attach the radiator and notice afterward that the video card was bent like that.

My frozen Q res only has 2 threaded inserts on the back. Is this normal? My case side panels are flared out ever so slightly. I hope it doesn't vibrate.
Edit: After looking at the pictures above he defiantly has 4 threaded inserts. I mean it would probably work with 2 but I will defiantly need 2 more.

The reservoir should have a total of eight ports. Two on top, two on bottom, two on front, and two on back that line up with the tubing holes on the M1. Six of the holes should be plugged. The two on the back should not be plugged because that is where your fittings go. Post a picture of yours.

The reservoir should have a total of eight ports. Two on top, two on bottom, two on front, and two on back that line up with the tubing holes on the M1. Six of the holes should be plugged. The two on the back should not be plugged because that is where your fittings go. Post a picture of yours.

The mounting inserts are missing. Not the g 1/4 plugs. Also, a small nic in the clear acrylic just below the baffle on the right. Most visible in the last pic. :(

IMG_9951.jpg

IMG_9953.jpg

IMG_9954.jpg

Last edited:
So I think i've successfully installed a 3.5" HDD on the bottom of the case, with the rubber washers having the larger circle on the outside and the smaller circle on the inside.

But I'm struggling to install a 2.5" HDD (NOT SSD) behind the blu ray drive. What combination of washer & screws do I use?

I'm glad they are starting to arrive. Would you mount it on the back of your M1 and post some pictures of the mounting screw holes and the tube/fitting holes that pass through the back of the M1? I would like to see how well they line up. Also one that shows the clearance between the reservoir and the M1 expansion slot cover? It looks like he doubled the diameter of the end mill, maybe to cut faster. Can you also show a picture at an angle that shows the interior hole under the baffle? With the larger end mill and the less steep angle of the baffle it looks kinda tight. Any stress cracks in the acrylic face plate? Does the gasket have a seam and if so is it tight or does it have a gap?

Upon closer inspection I don't see any stress cracks in the acrylic and from an angle it looks beautiful. I do wish they spent a little more time cleaning the inside of the acrylic :p

IMAG0092.jpg

Reservoir lines up a couple mm above the bottom of the i/o shield
IMAG0093.jpg

IMAG0094.jpg

I most likely will use some stand offs here

IMAG0106.jpg

No problems with mounting the fan bracket (The original screws work as well)

Seam in gasket. It's small and seems watertight. Slightly left of the top, middle screw. This was the hardest to get with the phone sorry :(

Here is the hole in the baffle. I don't think this will pose any major issues but then again I am new to watercooling. Unfortunately, I won't be filling it up for a couple weeks as I am waiting for school to start again so I can get Windows for cheap through the university. Will post pics either here or in the other M1 build thread when things are further along.

Last edited:
It a risk but I think it a much smaller risk then many people would believe. They make those PCB's fairly strong. I seen sagging video cards run for years with out issue. Defiantly not something I would recommend or risk someone else money with but it a risk am willing to take with my own money in this instance.

Truthfully am more worried about the H220 pump failing then the video card failing.

I think it due to fittings/tubing. When I install the h220 radiator it pushed down on the EK CSQ G1/4 Thread 90° Fitting Adapter attached to the GPU. I pushed really hard to get the skew in to attach the radiator and notice afterward that the video card was bent like that.

I think they call it gangsta lean :D

The mounting inserts are missing. Not the g 1/4 plugs. Also, a small nic in the acrylic just below the baffle on the right.

IMG_9951.jpg

Sorry I misunderstood. Your picture explains. Is it possible that the thread inserts fell out in the box during shipment? I guess if that was possible, then it is also possible that they could have fallen out before it was put into the box. The thread inserts shouldn't be that loose. I guess we will see if this is a common problem as others get theirs. I would contact them to get it on record.

Also if Steve is reading this maybe he can respond. Has anyone received a response from him since his introduction around Monday?

Upon closer inspection I don't see any stress cracks in the acrylic and from an angle it looks beautiful. I do wish they spent a little more time cleaning the inside of the acrylic :p

Reservoir lines up a couple mm above the bottom of the i/o shield

I most likely will use some stand offs here

No problems with mounting the fan bracket (The original screws work as well)

Seam in gasket. It's small and seems watertight. Slightly left of the top, middle screw. This was the hardest to get with the phone sorry :(

Here is the hole in the baffle. I don't think this will pose any major issues but then again I am new to watercooling. Unfortunately, I won't be filling it up for a couple weeks as I am waiting for school to start again so I can get Windows for cheap through the university. Will post pics either here or in the other M1 build thread when things are further along.

Thanks for all the images. That helps a lot. Sounds like you got a good one. I assume the holes line up properly for the fittings on the inside? Were the thread inserts loose on yours?

Sorry I misunderstood. Your picture explains. Is it possible that the thread inserts fell out in the box during shipment? I guess if that was possible, then it is also possible that they could have fallen out before it was put into the box. The thread inserts shouldn't be that loose. I guess we will see if this is a common problem as others get theirs. I would contact them to get it on record.

Also if Steve is reading this maybe he can respond. Has anyone received a response from him since his introduction around Monday?

I'll shoot him a email tomorrow. I checked the box again and no inserts. I think they were forgotten. I understand though. I used to work in a steel fabrication shop so I know how it is when you have hundreds of parts to make and not enough time.

Edit: Just confirmed steveo2400 was banned. What's up with that?

Last edited:
Steven got banned. Don't know why or how....but that's his status.

Hey adamantium you get your case yet?

You could prolly epoxy the inserts back in. Did they fall out or missing altogther?

Steven got banned. Don't know why or how....but that's his status.

Hey adamantium you get your case yet?

You could prolly epoxy the inserts back in. Did they fall out or missing altogther?

They are just missing completely. That's weird he got banned.

Where are you planning on mounting the 120 rad? The back fan vent? I'm planning on a full loop with GPU added to an H220 and would like to add a second rad if possible.

So the goal was to mod the HDD cage a bit. So you would have a 240mm rad on the bottom under the GPU (which has a waterblock). The 120mm rad would mount on the side, just like on the first pictures, and with the SFX PSU the HDD and res should fit between the PSU and the side panel with some tweaking. SSD mounted behind the PSU/HDD/res.

*edit* or if you don't have the extra res and HDD, you could fit two 240mm rads in this case. But be warned you need a slim rad for the bottom and you will be doing a bit of DIY to mount it.

I have no real doubts I can fit everything, if the PSU would work, but it doesn't look like it will...*sigh* I see a 500w+ in the future...maybe it will have to wait a bit. If 450 watt can handle the hardware minus the cooling. I'm sure the extra 100w would take care of it.

As for the 6 case fans, its worst case scenario for push/pull on both rads.

So I think i've successfully installed a 3.5" HDD on the bottom of the case, with the rubber washers having the larger circle on the outside and the smaller circle on the inside.

But I'm struggling to install a 2.5" HDD (NOT SSD) behind the blu ray drive. What combination of washer & screws do I use?

with the tiny washers in the bottom part of the hole, and the small screws with some thread, a space then a large head. I have an SSD mounted there, should be almost the same. I will see if I can take some pics.

Case number 0697, reporting in from Columbus, Ohio! My dog let me know the mail lady was at the door, so I didn't miss her. Got mostly everything installed, except for my 3.5" drive; I need a sata power extension to reach from my SSD drive up front to the 3.5" drive at the back...

Back