NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

mhmgod.jpg

tracking updated....arrived in NY #26

adamantium , stalker-fu over 9000 :)
how'd you track the ship. lol

I'm on Despatch #26.

Using iPost and USPS, no updates yet other than the fact that it left TW on 11/7 and is destined for NJ.

I'm in TX.

Last edited:
Got the case in NJ, dispatch #26. Now to open it.

Edit: Postserve and USPS both show nothing. Not that I'd expect the delivery to be updated this quick, but nothing as in the boat landing or anything. I assure you though, they're here.

I'm thinking about wrapping up my M1 with a carbon fiber vinyl. What do you guys think is the best way to cut out the perforated holes on the panels? An X-ACTO knife + a lot of patience?

I thought about doing a wrap myself, but all the perforations really deterred me from thinking about it much further.

A friend just pointed me to this, Google "Water Transfer Printing". You'll be amaze-balls, most likely. Only problem is it seems to be permanent.

OMG!
F5M2Y6G.gif

Edit: Postserve and USPS both show nothing. Not that I'd expect the delivery to be updated this quick, but nothing as in the boat landing or anything. I assure you though, they're here.

adamantium , stalker-fu over 9000 :)
how'd you track the ship. lol

I have a worldwide network of computer systems that continuously monitor all forms of communication, travel, cargo, etc. Using GPS trackers I triangulated the positions of tens of thousands of ships bound for the NY area. I then performed a risk analysis by building models of possible results by substituting a range of values—a probability distribution—for any factor that had inherent uncertainty. I then ran several billion Monte Carlo simulations on all the variables to establish the probability distributions for the likelihood each ship was bound for Jersey and had originated from Keelung within the time window established for our shipments. Only one ship came out of the models with a high enough probably. It was that simple.

Basically that is true, but what I really did was search against any historical sailing logs I could find on the Internet (not many) with the origin and destination of our shipment within the time window. I had also previously looked at all ship names that had left Keelung around Nov 7. I then moused over several ships in the New Jersey and New York ports and came across a few ship names that were familiar and tied them to the logs until I convinced myself the Dynasty was the most likely to be it.

Glad to see you got an update in NY. That is a really really good sign. :D A couple more confirmations and I will relax.

I'm on Despatch #26.

Using iPost and USPS, no updates yet other than the fact that it left TW on 11/7 and is destined for NJ.

iPost and USPS tracking is still unchanged for me too. From what we saw last week with #25 most didn't update until it was about to be delivered (or after).

That's fantastic news!

A friend just pointed me to this, Google "Water Transfer Printing". You'll be amaze-balls, most likely. Only problem is it seems to be permanent.

Pretty sure that's what we call "hydro dipping" in the states.. very cool process, but semi-permanent (it peels with wear, but isn't intended to be removed by hand). Seen it done on car & motorcycle parts, and many guns are now camo'd this way. Would actually look rad on the M1, but not sure how it could be removed without bead-blasting away the anodized finish as well.

Tracking still the same here, but soo glad they've arrived! Slight chance I'll get mine on Christmas eve!

I then performed a risk analysis by building models of possible results by substituting a range of values—a probability distribution—for any factor that had inherent uncertainty.

Lol. Nice work Jacques Cousteau! :D

I'm hoping Californians will be getting the case before New Years. At this point I'd ditch doing anything on NYE just to start building my rig.

I have a worldwide network of computer systems that continuously monitor all forms of communication, travel, cargo, etc. Using GPS trackers I triangulated the positions of tens of thousands of ships bound for the NY area. I then performed a risk analysis by building models of possible results by substituting a range of values—a probability distribution—for any factor that had inherent uncertainty. I then ran several billion Monte Carlo simulations on all the variables to establish the probability distributions for the likelihood each ship was bound for Jersey and had originated from Keelung within the time window established for our shipments. Only one ship came out of the models with a high enough probably. It was that simple.

Basically that is true, but what I really did was search against any historical sailing logs I could find on the Internet (not many) with the origin and destination of our shipment within the time window. I had also previously looked at all ship names that had left Keelung around Nov 7. I then moused over several ships in the New Jersey and New York ports and came across a few ship names that were familiar and tied them to the logs until I convinced myself the Dynasty was the most likely to be it.

image.png

I'm hoping Californians will be getting the case before New Years. At this point I'd ditch doing anything on NYE just to start building my rig.

Based on last week, there is still a good chance many Californians will get theirs before the 25th. Most were delivered in three days to the west coast a few not.
Past performance is not a guarantee of future results.

Nice, I'm also in NJ on #26 - hopefully I'll see mine today. Curious, where in NJ are you? I'm about 30 minutes west of NYC.

Nice, I'm also in NJ on #26 - hopefully I'll see mine today. Curious, where in NJ are you? I'm about 30 minutes west of NYC.

I'm a few miles off exit 114 on the parkway. It wasn't my normal USPS delivery, too, so I imagine there's a good chance they'll get to you, too.

I had to sign for it, though. I picked the right day to be too healthy for work.

I would need more information about the origin and destination ports. Did they both leave from Keelung as well? What is the name of the city/port they are bound for? I could use a screen shot of the iPost information. No guarantee I can find them, remember it took several billion Monte Carlo simulations ;), in other words lots of time and work, but I can try for a while and see if I can get any leads.

I'm a few miles off exit 114 on the parkway. It wasn't my normal USPS delivery, too, so I imagine there's a good chance they'll get to you, too.

I had to sign for it, though. I picked the right day to be too healthy for work.

Doorbell rang as I was reading your response - serial # 301 arrived in perfect condition. Great quality, still can't get over how small it is. You guys really did a great job, proud to be part of it!

Did they both leave from Keelung as well? What is the name of the city/port they are bound for?

How did you rule out the other Taiwan ports for the US packages?

Cargo for NL usually comes in at Rotterdam, might not go direct but possibly via Singapore.

Delivery attempt yesterday, i'll be picking mine up from the post office today (Toronto, Ontario).

Have most people received shipping notifications for their Frozen-Q reservoirs at this point? Still awaiting mine, haven't heard back from an e-mail sent to them a couple days ago. Not surprised as they seem completely overwhelmed after their difficulties.

Have most people received shipping notifications for their Frozen-Q reservoirs at this point? .

Yeah I have received a tracking # but all it says is December 17, 2013 Electronic Shipping Info Received. I'm sure it's on the way. I'll let you guys know when I receive. I wish I had the money to get the rest of my parts :( (MSI ITX AC Z87, ST30 rad, ADII, fittings)

Yeah I have received a tracking # but all it says is December 17, 2013 Electronic Shipping Info Received. I'm sure it's on the way. I'll let you guys know when I receive. I wish I had the money to get the rest of my parts :( (MSI ITX AC Z87, ST30 rad, ADII, fittings)

I have all my parts just waiting for the M1 Reservoir to come though mine says it being made :( . PS i think the Swiftech MCR220-XP is a better option over the ST30.

I have all my parts just waiting for the M1 Reservoir to come though mine says it being made :( . PS i think the Swiftech MCR220-XP is a better option over the ST30.

Dam good call! Those do look sweet. Also more readily available. Thanks for the suggestion bro :)

I'm still trying to figure out why the silver case I ordered after my black case showed up first when they were both the same dispatch. I'm happy to have one of the two I ordered but now just really curious as to how long it will take to get the 2nd one.

Quick question about rad fans for the Swiftech MCR220-XP. I want some fans that are capable of pushing some serious air when I'm benching but want to be able to dial them down for everyday use to near silent levels. I was planning on using some Scythe gentle typhoons but it seems you cant control the speed because of no pwm. I was wondering for those planning a custom loop which fans were you planning on using? My ears are pretty sensitive to changes in noise so I really want fans that do not make any weird sounds when I'm going for silent operation. I have a H220 with the Helix fans and those seem to perform well enough. I have also used some Noiseblocker fans on a buddies build and he seems to like those. I just was wondering what the rest of you guys planned on using.

Edit: I will be going with the new MSI ITX mobo and powering the fans via the fan headers. Newegg lists it as having 1 cpu 4 pin and 1 system fan 4 pin so I may try and use a splitter and run both rad fans off of one header and maybe place another fan below the gpu running off the other header.

Last edited:
New Jersey dispatch #26 here. USPS says that my M1 was delivered today at 8:41 but I can't find it anywhere they normally put packages. :confused: what should I do?

Hmmmm.. nothing new according to ipost and usps. If usps did get it today then see it within 3 business days maybe. I'll have to start eye balling the mail guy I suppose.

On a different note I'm really disappointed in the sales since BF. Damn stores keep advertising prices that are regular prices or higher and call it a sale. Wouldn't bother me so much but their adds are filling up my email every day. They'll probably whine how they didnt get as good of a holiday business as they should have. It'll be their own fault the idiots.

New Jersey dispatch #26 here. USPS says that my M1 was delivered today at 8:41 but I can't find it anywhere they normally put packages. :confused: what should I do?

I would call UPS with your tracking # and ask them wtf.

Yeah, call them. The courier may have taken it back to their post office if he/she didn't feel it to be safe. Hopefully you have good neighbors that dont steal stuff.

Went to the local post office to see what happened. Turns out the mailman scanned in the parcel but forgot to actually deliver it. :p He's on the route right now, and he'll deliver it in about half an hour. I'm just glad it wasn't lost or stolen or whatever.

Went to the local post office to see what happened. Turns out the mailman scanned in the parcel but forgot to actually deliver it. :p He's on the route right now, and he'll deliver it in about half an hour. I'm just glad it wasn't lost or stolen or whatever.

cat,funny,grasshopper,mailman,meme,patience-46f2ba2a2de283363fdd70591e42c0e4_h.jpg

NJ here... just got back from class and... nothing yet...

USPS says it's out for delivery... and in my town USPS delivers LATE... :mad:

I guess all I need now is patience...

830 silver.....was so hoping for 808....

anyone with 808 wanna trade tags ?

That'd be a good one, and I'd def keep it..

"808 kick drum, 808 hat, 808 snare drum, 808 clap. Got an 808 this & and an 808 that, got an 808 boom & an 808 bap." - Bassnectar

EDIT: Nope, it won't be mine. Forgot about the SKU breakdown.. I'm getting 241 to 800.

I am older than that.....808 state

old school drum n bass.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/808_State

Okay thanks, now listening to Pacific State 12" version, brings back memories :p

I had a client in 1995 who had "invested" in a TR808 machine. He very proudly told me he had this plan to hire it out to budding acid house / techno artists for studio work. He was convinced he'd make a lot of money, because those machines were so rare by then. I saw that they are still very valuable; though they are nowadays relatively easy to emulate.

Have you tried USPS tracking (I assume you are in the US)?

Yes, CT....comes up as Not Found

Try again, but make certain that there are no spaces before or after your tracking number in the entry field.

I've noticed when I copy/paste the tracking from USPS to iPost, it sometimes adds a space at the end that will cause "no data" to be retrieved.

Tried that as well, same result

Last edited:
Came home to a comically small (but sturdy) box covered with lots of paperwork today.

I was on dispatch 26 in NYC. Neither tracking number ever updated though, USPS is still "archived".

2013-12-20181540.jpg

That's one well built case, and I do love Lian Li's silver brushed aluminum.

Last edited:
Back