NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

For Priority List customers that don't receive M1 by JAN 2014, we will do something. Let me touch base with Necere about this new info, will make announcement soon.

Priority access to ordering panel kits from your website before opening up to everyone else? :D

I reeeeeeally want a silver panel kit

I've also noticed the extra page phenomenon before, however it has always been when I am NOT logged in at the time. Once logged in, it correctly displays the amount of pages.

Haven't noticed any abnormalities with quotations though.

About 3 or 4 weeks ago I started noticing that links back to an original quote weren't working, and just recently that Google searches weren't linking to the correct pages here.

The extra page phenomena started a couple weeks ago, and mostly only happens when I'm logged out, but usually corrects itself when logged in.

The M1 is so awesome, that we broke [H] ;)

I must be doing something wrong....every time I try to check mine it just says "No Data Available"

Try again, but make certain that there are no spaces before or after your tracking number in the entry field.

I've noticed when I copy/paste the tracking from USPS to iPost, it sometimes adds a space at the end that will cause "no data" to be retrieved.

And then I'm afraid on top of this it will sit in customs for a while. I know you were worried about German customs because they are strict, but at least they are efficient. Netherlands customs is strict and slow. Even when package is accurately labelled and invoiced it can take a week. So... we're looking at late February at best, early April at worst.

facepalm.jpg

You guys from have every reason to be pissed. I do feel bad, later than JAN 2014 is unacceptable. I've been mislead to believe everything was shipped, or else I'd have taken action in NOV.

Netherlands situation has been bumped to my #1 priority for this week. I'm going to try and find out the ship # and get some updates on it's status. On top of that, we will do something about partial refund.

Priority access to ordering panel kits from your website before opening up to everyone else? :D

I reeeeeeally want a silver panel kit

It's an idea, will discuss with Necere.

Last edited:
business conversations with asians are somehow always like "yes yes everything ok", "yes yes everything shipped"

Ouch! Starting to feel bad for you Dutch and German M1 backers. Not sure there's much you can do if they are already en-route, except for twiddle your thumbs :eek:

But maybe you can use this extra waiting time to carefully measure and plan out your M1 builds, because if you rush into it, like I have, you'll be spending a lot more resources in trying to get it going the way you want it to ;)

You two really need to open up webshop. I'll have a few Christmas dollarydoos and cheques that would otherwise go to booze or something stupid like paying off my credit card ;)

We want an NCASE webshop! Can I get a heck yea~?

business conversations with asians are somehow always like "yes yes everything ok", "yes yes everything shipped"
No need to get racial up in here bro. There's enough headaches going on in this thread.

Last edited:
just received my case, #0249. it (dispatch #23) arrived in Vancouver on Dec 13 (Friday), cleared customs on Dec 14 (Saturday), delivered in Montreal on Dec 18 (Wednesday).

why is this case so tiny? :D

just received my case, #0249. it (dispatch #23) arrived in Vancouver on Dec 13 (Friday), cleared customs on Dec 14 (Saturday), delivered in Montreal on Dec 18 (Wednesday).

I'm on the same shipment D: my case has been sitting processed in Montreal for a full day, it needs to get to Ottawa ASAP.

HUZZAH! I'm glad that after posting this proposition like 50 times it's under consideration. I'm def down for a set of silver panels and I would even pay good money for a set of anodized or powder-coated red if you guys can work something out.

Last edited:
No need to get racial up in here bro. There's enough headaches going on in this thread.

You got me wrong, that was not meant to be racist. this is a cultural difference that experienced as well when i was indirectly involved with IT training over there.

They only answer exactly what they were asked and don't offensively mention problems or additional things as western people would. i guess it has somehow to do with hierarchical cultural roots and the belief that any problems make one look bad.

But knowing this, it is neccessary to sometimes dig for information.

E.g. about the training that my company did: they told us, that our teaching was fine and they would adopt the training and the new systems but a month later,we realized that they were continuing their work like they ever did. No mentioning, that they may not have understood everything.

^ I have the same problem with some of the contractors we get from TCS in India. You gotta probe the hell out of them to get the whole picture.

Last edited:
Case 0666 received in France! For those interested, despatch number was 11: If you've the same, your case should be quit near.

The case is gorgeous and so tiny (specialy next to a Lian li PC-A77F).

Considering the build, I only have the ST45SF-G v2 PSU, H220 and slim BluRay ODD for now.
I wanted to use the ASRock Z87 board (mSATA FTW), but considering the case number, maybe I'll use the Impact and a red color scheme for the wiring...

Thanks for the great details. 1 day in customs is great. 4 days counting a Sunday across the continent is good too. Hope ours do as well. No sign of #26 so far though. Not sure why it is better for ships to come in on on one end of the continent and then deliver to the opposite end. Glad yours didn't have to go all the way around though, it would have been longer than four days.

Case 0666 received in France! For those interested, despatch number was 11: If you've the same, your case should be quit near.

Considering the build, I only have the ST45SF-G v2 PSU, H220 and slim BluRay ODD for now.
I wanted to use the ASRock Z87 board (mSATA FTW), but considering the case number, maybe I'll use the Impact and a red color scheme for the wiring...

Yea I noticed last night you lucky thing. Red and black theme is mandatory now. You may also need to silkscreen some flames on the outside. That might be blasphemy for some though.

Anyone with adamantium res tracking number post their order number ?

I ordered pretty early on, and even though i got the your res have been made, i never got the tracking or any replies to my email.

Wondering if the order number can be used to gauge where on the queue I might be

thanks

Anyone with adamantium res tracking number post their order number ?

I ordered pretty early on, and even though i got the your res have been made, i never got the tracking or any replies to my email.

Wondering if the order number can be used to gauge where on the queue I might be

thanks

I haven't seen any yet. Haven't heard that anyone even was able to see real information behind the tracking number they got yet either. Should be working by now.

FYI - Newegg and NCIX have the MSI z87 ITX GAMING for sale now.

Just ordered the mobo and PSU, shall be a very merry xmas this year.

Just noticed that all of the detail is gone from USPS on both my orders. It was there this morning and I had it restored from the archive previously. No archive links or info about that now. Maybe this means something new is happening with it. Maybe it just means they have bugs.

Never mind: idiot operator error.

I haven't seen any yet. Haven't heard that anyone even was able to see real information behind the tracking number they got yet either. Should be working by now.

I got the shipping confirmation email on Monday, but the tracking number status at USPS.com just shows that the shipping info was received on the 17th. It should be in later this week, or early next week. I ordered mine just after the webpage went live.

FYI - Newegg and NCIX have the MSI z87 ITX GAMING for sale now.

Just ordered the mobo and PSU, shall be a very merry xmas this year.

I hope it fits an Apogee II pump/block. I'm hell bent on a custom loop in my M1 ;)

what "Despatch" number are you?
anyone still looking out for despatch 26?

Both of mine are on Deeeespatch 26. I don't see anything new on the iPost site nor have I received anything from USPS yet. I had assumed the boat is still on its way to [New] Jersey.

Damn!!! Would you be interested in a trade perhaps!? I have many souls of innocents I've collected over the years. I'd be happy to part with some of them. ;)

Yeah I was hoping for the # of the beast as well. Oh well I can hope for my area code at least (503) :)

yay, got mine! (san diego)

early shipment list #1

When you posted this, I got my eyes peeled on my front porch! I also live in sunny San Diego. Come on USPS!! There's no snow to slow down their usual delivery! ;) Mine is despatch #26. Too bad, I didn't sign up for Priority delivery. :(

Yeah your going to beat me for sure, my Sako TRG 42 came in yesterday. 3.5k :eek:
Gonna take me a bit to save up again.

LOL, I just bought a Samsung UN60F7500 that I'm still recovering from. It's been an expensive xmas this year.

When you posted this, I got my eyes peeled on my front porch! I also live in sunny San Diego. Come on USPS!! There's no snow to slow down their usual delivery! ;) Mine is despatch #26. Too bad, I didn't sign up for Priority delivery. :(

I'm right with ya, down in Chula Vista. Been interrogating my mailperson every day asking about any packages.

Awhh I was really hoping for that case. Knew my chances were small. If I got it I was going to go Impact for that very reason.

I want my case so bad. It says it has been processed through the Keelung Post Office on Nov 7th. It feels like eternity.

Spoke to Necere,

We have decided on the following for those who paid $40 extra for shipping:
- $40 Refund for anyone that's not getting their package by Jan 31, 2014.
- $50 Refund for Priority List people not getting their package by Jan 15, 2014.

Last edited:
Mine is now showing as archived. In Colorado so I assume I will be one of the last. As said above, not impatient, just excited. It's still earlier than I had originally planned on. Won't be building the system until Jan/Feb at least.

In CO too. Mine just came in. Whoopdee!!

Yeah your going to beat me for sure, my Sako TRG 42 came in yesterday. 3.5k :eek:
Gonna take me a bit to save up again.

Good God, nice score Doc! I can't even talk myself into a like-new Savage LE 110BA in Lapua for a third that price.. or the ammo, lol.

Back on-topic.. anyone get their M1 from "Despatch" #26 today??

Come on lucky #26!

Here's a question for those who received their cases from #25. When it arrived in the US last week was your tracking information updated with USPS, or did it just show up at your door with no notice?

Spoke to Necere,

$40 Refund for anyone that's not getting their package by JAN 31, 2014.
$50 Refund for Priority List people not getting their package by JAN 31, 2014.
Nice compensation ! It is awful that this happened and I think this is a proper compensation.

Back