NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

Did anyone else's tracking data disappear off the Taiwan international tracking site? It was working just yesterday but now it says no data.

Did anyone else's tracking data disappear off the Taiwan international tracking site? It was working just yesterday but now it says no data.

Just checked, and mine's still showing info.

They do work on the bottom. There are lots of mounting holes, so it's not a perfect, but at worst the little magnetic strips would need a bit of trimming.

I have a different design for the PSU that's intended to attach directly to the ST45SF over the 80mm fan intake (both -G and regular).

Sounds good to me, thanks! Any word on whether or not Demci was interested in using their US resellers for these (either to have in-stock, or ordered as needed)?

Got home from work and had a "missed delivery" notice from the USPS. Can't imagine what else it could be, and the shipping number ends in "HK". Hopefully I get it tomorrow!

BTW, was cargo #26 and I live in NJ about 15 miles from NYC.

That's awesome to hear! I also live in NJ! :D

somali_pirates_in_ship.jpg

Are we insured for pirates ? semi-serious ?

So people receiving in the US now are on early shipment list 1 or 2 I assume?

So people receiving in the US now are on early shipment list 1 or 2 I assume?

I really don't think it matters much anymore. Think W360 said he requested TW mail to ship with priority to early ship 1 & 2, but they didn't listen and just shipped everything asap.

From what I've gathered, there were only 2 boats from Taiwan to US with the M1s.. #25 and #26. #25 arrived in New Jersey yesterday, with some nearby deliveries both yesterday and today. #26 departed TW exactly 1 week later than #25, and best case scenario, that boat should arrive in NJ next Wednesday.

I'm guesstimating my delivery next Friday, or the following Monday. Any delays around that time with Christmas, New Years and weekends, and I'm looking at the 2nd week in January instead. I'm still not quite ready to build (c'mon Silverstone, hurry!!), but I'll feel a lot better actually having my M1 safe in hand.

anyone had tried H220 on ASRock Z87-ITX board?
i checked the spreadsheet and seems like no one tried the combination yet.

Hey guys i also found out they made the screws to long, If your using the ssd bracket when your mounting two ssds together these are to long then use the shoulder screws to mount it to the case, I ended up killing some of the thread on the only 5 mounting screw i got because the side screws go in to far as both screw hole connect just wish they had tested them before hand.

Hey guys i also found out they made the screws to long, If your using the ssd bracket when your mounting two ssds together these are to long then use the shoulder screws to mount it to the case, I ended up killing some of the thread on the only 5 mounting screw i got because the side screws go in to far as both screw hole connect just wish they had tested them before hand.
Maybe try not overtightening the screws to the point of damaging them? I know what you're talking about, and it was an issue on the prototype; the screw holes on the side and bottom of a 2.5" drive run into eachother a very short distance into the drive. I noticed this when the stacking bracket was somewhat loose when attached to the drives with screws in the bottom (I never damaged the threads though...). It was only out about half a millimeter, so the fix I made was to increase the thickness of the bracket to 2mm (from 1.6mm). That *should* have been sufficient. Are you using the correct screws on the stacking bracket (the small countersunk M3s)?

Anyone else find the bracket to be loose when stacking two SSDs?

Maybe try not overtightening the screws to the point of damaging them? I know what you're talking about, and it was an issue on the prototype; the screw holes on the side and bottom of a 2.5" drive run into eachother a very short distance into the drive. I noticed this when the stacking bracket was somewhat loose when attached to the drives with screws in the bottom (I never damaged the threads though...). It was only out about half a millimeter, so the fix I made was to increase the thickness of the bracket to 2mm (from 1.6mm). That *should* have been sufficient. Are you using the correct screws on the stacking bracket (the small countersunk M3s)?

Yes i used the small screws that inset into the bracket, I didn't know i just thought they where a bit tight so when i did the case mounting ones l up they stopped at a point so took them out and they where rounded on the end :mad: , And you cant really over tighten them as they sit in side the bracket now i have to try find some more screws as mine are now useless.

OverRated, I don't want to insult you or anything like that but considering you have the above problem and didn't plan the hardware correctly, you shouldn't blame Necere for having made an error like you stated.

He had multiple prototypes to work out the issues and so far I can say this is one of the best engineered cases I've used. And I've used every kind of case and maybe half the well-known brands out there in the past 20 years. Lian Li's cases (considered high-end) are child's play when compared to the M1, because they don't even test-build their cases thoroughly. The Lian Li PC-V35x, as an example, are full of stupid errors you immediately spot when assembling a system according to the specs. I could write a book on the V352...

It's standard practice you don't over tighten screws to the point you can hear something.
The problem you describe I haven't come across, everything screwed in like it was made by a reputable company.

OverRated, I don't want to insult you or anything like that but considering you have the above problem and didn't plan the hardware correctly, you shouldn't blame Necere for having made an error like you stated.

He had multiple prototypes to work out the issues and so far I can say this is one of the best engineered cases I've used. And I've used every kind of case and maybe half the well-known brands out there in the past 20 years. Lian Li's cases (considered high-end) are child's play when compared to the M1, because they don't even test-build their cases thoroughly. The Lian Li PC-V35x, as an example, are full of stupid errors you immediately spot when assembling a system according to the specs. I could write a book on the V352...

It's standard practice you don't over tighten screws to the point you can hear something.
The problem you describe I haven't come across, everything screwed in like it was made by a reputable company.

didn't plan the hardware correctly what are you talking about how does a screw being to long mean i didn't plan the hardware correctly, The case was made by Lian Li so it there problem small things are over looked some times i don't blame any one just wish i had spares thats all. Any one know if you can buy these on ebay or some think?

Case with GPU intake fans replaced. Note the excellent pre-bent GPU, YAY!

Note the black cables running into the GPU heatsink. Thats the thermocouple from my fan speed controller. The controller is the blue and white thing on the bottom next to the fans, with adjustable start temperature and fan speed gradient. The yellow/beige connector sitting within the second PCI slot is the PWM and RPM wires from the GPU. With this I have tapped out the PWM signal, so I have the option to connect my PWM fans though that.

Is there room for the side fan to be mounted as well or does that hit the heat sink?

Last edited:
The rear as mine is setup (Asrock z87eITX and C14) has about 20-22mm clearance to the back. This is enough room for a slim 14mm Noctua, but not enough for a full 25mm thick fan. Remember to allow thickness of 1-2mm for the rubber mounting bolts if those are what your using.

Regarding the SSD screws, Yes, the countersunk M3 screws for the bracket plates are too long and interfere with the screw holes for the alternate screw holes on the HDD/SSD. When I was putting my build together, I had trimmed three of the screws down, essentially the ones that were going to be used for the internal SSD mount bolts.

Given everyones experiences, I would put this down to something that everyone will experience, and therefore should either
1) Accept the loose mounting screws for the bracket
2) Accept loose SSD mounting bolts
3) Grind down the countersunk bracket M3 screws by 1mm.

Finding a replacement depends on how picky you are about the aesthetics, and how close you need it to be.
http://www.altronics.com.au/index.asp?area=item&id=H3117A
Is a locally availably product, at a store near you, which would work if you are happy to grind the threads down a bit, and accept that the screw head will not be flush and is silver. Perfectly acceptable if used as the screws on the other side.

Last edited:
The rear as mine is setup (Asrock z87eITX and C14) has about 20-22mm clearance to the back. This is enough room for a slim 14mm Noctua, but not enough for a full 25mm thick fan. Remember to allow thickness of 1-2mm for the rubber mounting bolts if those are what your using.

Regarding the SSD screws, Yes, the countersunk M3 screws for the bracket plates are too long and interfere with the screw holes for the alternate screw holes on the HDD/SSD. When I was putting my build together, I had trimmed three of the screws down, essentially the ones that were going to be used for the internal SSD mount bolts.

Given everyones experiences, I would put this down to something that everyone will experience, and therefore should either
1) Accept the loose mounting screws for the bracket
2) Accept loose SSD mounting bolts
3) Grind down the countersunk bracket M3 screws by 1mm.

Finding a replacement depends on how picky you are about the aesthetics, and how close you need it to be.
http://www.altronics.com.au/index.asp?area=item&id=H3117A
Is a locally availably product, at a store near you, which would work if you are happy to grind the threads down a bit, and accept that the screw head will not be flush and is silver. Perfectly acceptable if used as the screws on the other side.

Thanks. Is there any room to mount a slim line fan over the C14 on the dual 120mm bracket, Im guessing you can't use the HDD cage ether ? thanks for the info.

Yesterday you were selling your case because the hardware didn't fit.

No i was selling it because my GPU temps where to high all my hardware was installed and running i'm going to remove the fans like every one else has.

I was looking though my mountain of screws when i found these two now if i can only find two more :) .

Last edited:
I received both of mine today (Philadelphia, PA). The size of this thing is amazing.

From what I remember not many were on 25, but if anyone was and is out west, please let us know when it arrives. It will tell the rest of us on 26 in general how long it will take USPS to deliver and if we will see them before the 25th.

Thanks. Is there any room to mount a slim line fan over the C14 on the dual 120mm bracket, Im guessing you can't use the HDD cage ether ? thanks for the info.

The C14 is the perfect height for you to install 120 full thickness (25mm) fans. No need for slimline here, and there is every reason here to go with 25mm fans. There is about 30mm space between the C14 and the inside of the fan bracket. This gives you enough room for the fans to be soft mounted comfortably off the side bracket and give you the right amount of aerodynamic spacing between the fan and the heatsink to reduce stalling, while preventing re-circulation of hot air. Part of the reason why I opted for the C14 over the C12.

HDD bracket is out of the question as the C14 covers both fan slots, taking up about 40% of the front fan slot.

The C14 is the perfect height for you to install 120 full thickness (25mm) fans. No need for slimline here, and there is every reason here to go with 25mm fans. There is about 30mm space between the C14 and the inside of the fan bracket. This gives you enough room for the fans to be soft mounted comfortably off the side bracket and give you the right amount of aerodynamic spacing between the fan and the heatsink to reduce stalling, while preventing re-circulation of hot air. Part of the reason why I opted for the C14 over the C12.

Thanks man ill look at picking one up along with some Cosair SP fans.

You were using the impact mobo right? Its not confirmed on the spreadsheet, but as far as the CPU placement is concerned, we should be checking its proximity to the GPU and front of case. I am fairly sure it should fit in fine. Getting a C14 in perth is another matter though. I ended up getting mine though PCCG.

I am using the Z87eITX, and the CPU placement compared to the impact is far higher, and a little closer to the back. On the Impact, its lower down, and further forward.

Compare CPU socket placements against my photo showing the heatsink location

On another note... it was seriously amazing to see how Poorly the P14 fans perform. Barely push any air in a free air situation, and when placed against the fins of the C14 heatsink, push even less air than a 120mm Nexus, let alone a 120mm GT. Unfortunately you pay for two of these in a C14 kit. Based on subjective testing, a single 120 GT feels like it pushes more air than two P14s on the C14!

Yer Perth sucks for hardware most things i get from PCCG, Umm the impact is on the spread sheet? Also says its compatible. Yer i wouldn't use the fans that come with the cooler there specs where poor.

What is the URL for that site to see the tracking details? SO I can see if I am on 25 or 26 ?

EDIT: It's kinda funny looking back at the first few pages of this thread. So many people doubted the idea, and thought nothing would actually happen, and meanwhile people have cases IN HAND! :)

EDIT2: So I am on 26. Coming to Utah, FWIW.

Last edited:
What is the URL for that site to see the tracking details? SO I can see if I am on 25 or 26 ?

EDIT: It's kinda funny looking back at the first few pages of this thread. So many people doubted the idea, and thought nothing would actually happen, and meanwhile people have cases IN HAND! :)

Here is the tracking site.
http://postserv.post.gov.tw/webpost/CSController?cmd=POS4007_1
Yeah it is awesome seeing a idea grow and become a reality.

which slimline sata adapter or cables are some of us using for the optical drive?

Back