NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

Ah I see. Will use ibt when I get a chance. And yeah its version 2. With prime95 and MSI kombuster I was pulling 270 from the wall. With a 4770k and GTX 670. Which isn't too shabby at all. But even in idle the SFX psu has a notable slightly higher pitch fan noise... I'll get used to it eventually but in the meantime it will bother me I'm sure. Haha.

Hope my temps don't shoot up any higher... If they do I'll be very tempted to just grab a h100i and throw that in there. With my 800rpm noise blockers it'll still perform well better than a tiny heatsink drawing half cool air half hot air Haha. I shall continue testing when I get time! Will also try to lower the voltage again...

As i have a HDD i have no room to use my H100i instead i had to get a H60 which isn't the best, What GPU temps where you getting i know with my dual fan 780 my temps got up to around 80c which is a bit to high for my liking my old case my temps never went over 73c doesn't seem much but when 82c is the max temp before it starts dropping its clock, If i really want to fork out more money i mite get a custom loop but i haven't made my mind up yet.

I also hope that we are reading this wrong. Dispatched today with destination Amsterdam.

Acceptance Oct/30/2013 10:47
Dispatch from originating country's exchange office Dec/11/2013 18:11
Office of destination AMSTERDAM NETHERLANDS
Despatch No. 0010

So no arrival in the Netherlands, but the case is on its way from office Taiwan to a ship. :rolleyes:
Wahaha360, could you verify whether the above (same for me) information is correct? Obviously we're all REALLY hoping that the ship hasn't only just left Taiwan, but rather that it has just arrived in Amsterdam and that the information entered is incorrect... :(

Last edited:
Wahaha360, could you verify whether the above (same for me) information is correct? Obviously we're all REALLY hoping that the ship hasn't only just left Taiwan, but rather that it has just arrived in Amsterdam and that the information entered is incorrect... :(

Will answer in < 24 hours, have to call Taiwan Postal Office in 12 hours.

UPDATE:
EVERY package left Taiwan by the first week of NOV. I will confirm with Taiwan Postal office that it had landed in NL.

Last edited:

I hope this clears things up for you guys waiting

Dispatch from originating country's exchange office (Is the date it was sent from Taiwan)

Arrival at incoming office( Date it arrived at your country )

Arrival at delivery office ( Date it arrived to delivery center closest to your house )

I hope this clears things up for you guys waiting

Dispatch from originating country's exchange office (Is the date it was sent from Taiwan)

Arrival at incoming office( Date it arrived at your country )

Arrival at delivery office ( Date it arrived to delivery center closest to your house )

The one in bold is now dated December 11th for Netherlands customers, so that is not necessarily the date it was sent from Taiwan.

th_PSUIntakeDuct1_zpsf581ace6.jpg

Okwchin. I´m planning to do the same when I get a GPU. How is its temperatures without stock cooler and using just bottom ones?

Have you pluged bottom fan on GPU or MOBO?

Will answer in < 24 hours, have to call Taiwan Postal Office in 12 hours.

UPDATE:
EVERY package left Taiwan by the first week of NOV. I will confirm with Taiwan Postal office that it had landed in NL.

While you are on the phone with them, can you also find out the shipping line and sailing schedule for the US shipment? I assume we are on an Asia to US East Coast shipping route. If that is wrong please correct me. From what I can find AUE routes usually take around 32 days including wait time between intermodal stops. Even the slowest of the slow ships can get to Jersey/NY in 39 days including stops. From the information we have, we are already into this 34 days. So should we be thinking Monday for landing? If you can't get that information then please let us know what the ship's ETA to Jersey is. No commercial shipping line sends a boat out without an ETA at each of its destination ports.

With was wondering waha360 if you had any info on my previous request for information regarding cables?

I'm happy many people will (hopefully) be getting their Ncase for the holidays, it would be awesome for everyone still waiting. Crossing fingers for you all !

My 2 M1 cases are supposed to be delivered today. If you're on the east coast (UA) check your tracking :)

edit: they're here :)

Last edited:
My 2 M1 cases are supposed to be delivered today. If you're on the east coast check your tracking :)

edit: they're here :)

?WHAT?!! Where are you located? What does your tracking say? Did your tracking say anything before today?

?WHAT?!! Where are you located? What does your tracking say? Did your tracking say anything before today?

I'm from Long Island. My tracking says out for delivery. Woke up and my phone had a notification about tracking being out for delivery - I have a package tracking app. It was the first update since the initial one that they were scanned in china.

It hasn't been update that they been delivered by USPS yet though.

I'm from Long Island. My tracking says out for delivery. Woke up and my phone had a notification about tracking being out for delivery - I have a package tracking app. It was the first update since the initial one that they were scanned in china.

It hasn't been update that they been delivered by USPS yet though.

what tracking are you using. I just checked the ncase page and plugged it into the taiwanese tracker, i haven't gotten an update on the page, i am CT, so theoretically, i should be just behind you.

Thanks

what tracking are you using. I just checked the ncase page and plugged it into the taiwanese tracker, i haven't gotten an update on the page, i am CT, so theoretically, i should be just behind you.

Thanks

USPS tracking is what I used. The iPost tracking still says the same thing it always did - Despatch No. 0025 Office of destination FOREIGNCENTER JERSEYU.S.A.

USPS tracking is what I used. The iPost tracking still says the same thing it always did - Despatch No. 0025 Office of destination FOREIGNCENTER JERSEYU.S.A.
I have the same "Despatch" number but I'm on the West Coast. I'll use the USPS tracking from now on even though USPS doesn't have any additional information yet either.

This sounds promising. Please keep us updated, my USPS tracking shows the same thing it's been saying for a while, the 11/7 update, I'm also on the East Coast.

USPS is not famous for their up-to-the-minute tracking system. Delivery on the east coast is very promising indeed.

Same here for USPS tracking. Processed through sort facility Keelung Taiwan on Nov. 7th.

+1, this is very exciting that they are beginning to arrive in the states though. Dam I need to get my ass in gear.
I still have no mobo, ram, or watercooling (besides the frozen q reservoir).
I hope MSI's new itx comes out soon or I will be getting something else . . .

+1, this is very exciting that they are beginning to arrive in the states though. Dam I need to get my ass in gear.
I still have no mobo, ram, or watercooling (besides the frozen q reservoir).
I hope MSI's new itx comes out soon or I will be getting something else . . .

Wait what ?

You got the frozenq res ?

I dont even have a status update after the fire ?
When did it arrive ?

anyone else receive theirs'

This is going to be messy when the bulk of the orders finally do arrive (regarding this very thread, that is).

Meanwhile:

IcXFyuk.jpg

Wait what ?

You got the frozenq res ?

I dont even have a status update after the fire ?
When did it arrive ?

anyone else receive theirs'

Shit sorry, I meant I purchased it not that it arrived. Yeah I havnt heard much since the fire either. I hope it ship's soon

Just checked usps/tracking and they now have my tracking # listed even though its only got KEELUNG, TAIWAN listed. But still that is more than before as until now usps had no idea about my tracking number. So hopefully that means they have it now. :D

Nice setup Prava. What monitor arm mount are you using?

Its a mix, actually. I had an ergotron lx wall mount lying around... but the $&!%!!!!! at Ergotron wouldn't sell me the damn piece to put it on my desk (its just a stupid tube with a clamp, for gods sake), they said "just buy the desk one. The whole kit". Right :rolleyes: So, I used another arm monitor support I had, used its tube and I'm done with it. Not over confident that it will hold If I move it around (although the monitor is very light for its size, i think the 23" i had before was heavier), but since I needed an arm because the monitor base is $!%!%&//ª!!! (for real, its so damn low I had to use some books to have it higher. On a $600 monitor!!! The world is full of $·%&!&&!!!! no doubt).

All well now, though. Case looks even smaller close to the big screen :D :D :D

I'll have to check my case order when I get home later tonight. Maybe I'll see something good. :) I should consider getting one of those postal tracking apps. Is there one that does it all or do I have to get one for each type service?

I'll have to check my case order when I get home later tonight. Maybe I'll see something good. :) I should consider getting one of those postal tracking apps. Is there one that does it all or do I have to get one for each type service?

Package Tracker Pro does them all. It's for Android phones.

Where can I get more ssd mounting screws I only got 5?

Same here with both mine and my mates. If you put two rubber inserts in the case holes and use the normal mount for the other two it works pretty well. Wish we had 3 complete sets though.

Okwchin. I´m planning to do the same when I get a GPU. How is its temperatures without stock cooler and using just bottom ones?

Have you pluged bottom fan on GPU or MOBO?

Fans are plugged into my own fan controller. It is temperature controlled based on heatsink temperature, so it ramps up as required to the GPU. I am doing this because the GPU fan output is a PWM control, but my fans are voltage controlled. I have however connected one of the fans to the speed sensing on the GPU, so I still get RPM reporting.

Its not a great idea to use the Mobo, as that senses the CPU temperature, so if your using a GPU intensive application, and not using your CPU, you can end up with idling fans and a cooking hot GPU. running Prime alone on the other hand makes a lot of noise and unnecessarily cools your GPU. Works, but has a risk of overheating your GPU.

You should either get a temp controlled controller measuring GPU temps, or use PWM fans and power it off the GPU (or if necessary, take power from the PSU, and just use the PWM signal from the GPU. I have wired this up on my GPU, but I don't have PWM fans).

Might consider PWM fans at some stage... however having a set of silent fans for the quieter idle is still appealing. If only the Gentle Typhoons came in a PWM variant in the 1500 rpm range. The 4250 rpm GT I have is PWM compatible, and so is the 92mm variant, but not the standard 120mm unfortunately.

Back