NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

Should've bought a second case :p (I'm not just being a snarky dick, that was actually what W360 said to do about 50 pages ago, lol).

Just added another tab to spreadsheet: Things that do NOT work -> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuQJbc_Aru20dDdLbmJWMjZYSXJvNWNOVzJkdkJPTWc&usp=sharing

I almost bought the asus board. Luckily it was temporarily out of stock in Amazon. It won´t fit.

I´m really concert about noise and got a good impression of it from Tomshardware review

zVtmZLj.png

I don't think this will be possible. They are already done with production and LL contract is fulfilled. IDK if they would be willing to go back now and make more side panels. It would probably take a new contract with them. You should have just ordered another case when it was available. :(

Should've bought a second case :p (I'm not just being a snarky dick, that was actually what W360 said to do about 50 pages ago, lol).

I'm not an internet hater that gets offended by everything I see without a reason so I can take it. ;)

I don't think this will be possible. They are already done with production and LL contract is fulfilled. IDK if they would be willing to go back now and make more side panels. It would probably take a new contract with them. You should have just ordered another case when it was available. :(

I would have, if I had a need for one. But its hard to justify buying an extra for a total of $300 and putting it in the basement, just to get the panels. :)

Thanks for the update, wahaha :) does 'shipped' mean, they are on the way and the tracking is behind?

i guess i should just stop thinking about the build until the case arrives :D

That is what I was asking myself as well.
Could you clarify w360?

Yeah, I was wondering if he meant all orders to Germany were shipped (that was the original question to Wahahaa) or all NCASE orders everywhere have shipped.

Edit: btw, for those asking about the front ODD panels you guys are looking for the panels without the ODD slot, right? Just making sure I'm understanding the question right.

All packages are shipped.

The one person that received it in Germany was VIP.

Since all of the quotes you responded to involved Germany, was your answer specific to Germany, or are you saying that all 1000 packages have been shipped out from the post office?

Did they indicate when tracking numbers will be available for all packages? Do you have all of the tracking numbers now?

Also are you manually entering the tracking numbers into the shipping labels as you get them, or is this somehow synchronized with their shipping system?

Just trying to understand why so many of us don't have tracking numbers yet more than two weeks after delivery to the post office if they have all been shipped.

All 1000 packages shipped.

Estimated delivery for 90% of backers is mid December.

I have all the tracking number, updating them as we speak.

Let me get through all the tracking numbers and I will make a big update for everyone on tracking, defects and etc.

Last edited:

Let me get through all the tracking numbers and I will make a big update for everyone on tracking, defects and etc.

Excellent. Thanks for the information.

Thanks waha, you da best.

What's the consensus on the R9 290, the ST45SF-G can handle it right? I'll only be running a SSD and an additional 120mm cooling fan besides the CPU cooler.
I'm running the specs in my signature for a while with zero problems, playing BF4 every day !

I almost bought the asus board. Luckily it was temporarily out of stock in Amazon. It won´t fit.

I´m really concerned about noise and got a good impression of it from Tomshardware review

zVtmZLj.png

Thanks for that image! I have the Vapor-X cooling on my 7970GE and it really does suck at higher loads, it is the single most loud component in my setup. I'm currently researching a replacement graphics card with more fps but less noise&power...

Does anyone have 100% confirmation that the Asus 780 DirectCU II does NOT fit inside the M1?
http://www.asus.com/us/Graphics_Cards/GTX780DC2OC3GD5/
Asus seems to measure the height from a different point than the toms review. It looks like the exact same cooling solution as on the 280X and you can see on the picture of the backside that the power connectors are recessed behind the cooler:
qaW8rRuDCwURWJPx_500.jpg

Also, does anyone have the EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Hydro Copper running in the M1? The product page state that they recommend at least 42 amps on the 12v rail (the ST45SF-G has 38).
https://www.evga.com/articles/00747/#2789
Would that and a 4770S in a loop be too much for a H220 to handle without too much noise?

Last edited:
I highly doubt it would fit:

This is my card, an R9 290X reference:

viIbqii.jpg

Green is my reference card and red is your Asus card overlayed.

Now see these two pictures I took of my case with my card:

S30GKeO.jpg

Gr037Wv.jpg

Last edited:
Im thinking someone needs to start an M1 build thread and leave this thread for people to deal with logistics etc. Its getting a bit muddled as people are posting questions about cards, heat sink clearances, tracking codes etc.

I agree. Maybe a build thread with each first reply of a user being updated on updates and linked in a new reply with a link when updated ? Sort of like multiple buildlogs in one thread, so you don't have to chase the topic around to see what one user has done.

Im thinking someone needs to start an M1 build thread and leave this thread for people to deal with logistics etc. Its getting a bit muddled as people are posting questions about cards, heat sink clearances, tracking codes etc.

I agree. Maybe a build thread with each first reply of a user being updated on updates and linked in a new reply with a link when updated ? Sort of like multiple buildlogs in one thread, so you don't have to chase the topic around to see what one user has done.

Done

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1040384490#post1040384490

Lets get out of here :D

The Demciflex filters will take a little longer.

Necere, since you're designing/re-designing the filters do you think you could design one for the back outlet. Demciflex doesn't have a 92mm square one. I plan on using a Noctua NF-A9x14 as an exhaust and would like some sort of protection for when the computer is off. If it's not in your plan just say the word and I'll get this Akasa Aluminium Fan Filter.
91JX5LYBCHL._SX425_.jpg

In the land of Florida...Woke up this morning and I have tracking numbers for my cases. Now I really need to start thinking what to put inside my babies.:D Thanks Wahahaa and Necere!

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I have my tracking numbers now. Both packages were received at the post office on Oct30 around 5pm, and left on Nov 7 around 6pm. The destination is the New Jersey foreign center. This explains the time it is taking. Estimated ship time to NJ is 34 days (Dec 11th). Then east coast to west coast ground travel time puts us at around Dec 16 if there are no delays in customs or at the post office.

Just got my tracking! Says processed through Taiwan sort facility, so I assume another 2-3 weeks before I should see it.

I noticed on the spreadsheet "AdtEU" said the H100i was a tight fit, and looking at pics of his build, I can see why:

[snip]
So, seeing as though Necere himself quoted me, I felt as though I should at least reply to acknowledge that, and subsequently thank yourself and everyone involved for this absolutely amazing case.(signed up 6months ago but didn't have posting priviledges).
I would try flipping the cooler round, however if I remember correctly, the problem there would lie with the fact that the tubing would be crossed over(would that cause any problems?) :$ i'm new to liquid cooling.
Trying to mount it to the cpu in any other rotation wasn't possibly from what I remember. As seen here, the connectors either blocked off the ram slots, or hit the north daughter board. Mounting it with them facing down may have been possible, but probably ended up requiring me to bend them so much, I was afraid of them not simply not flowing.

Either way, i've ordered an Noctua L9i for a few reasons:
a) I don't need to overclock my build to the point that liquid cooling is required.
b) Ordered a custom PSU cable set with only 2x single SATA connectors(1SSD, 1HDD), so I won't actually have the free sata slot to plug the H100i connector in.

Just looking forward to that arriving and being able to rebuild it with some proper cable management.
Also, I know it was mentioned earlier on in the thread, but I never kept my eye on it too close: what was the consensus on extra panels for those interested? more specifically though, I was interested in was if there was any potential for making a windowed side panel, as I know it's something I would definitely purchase.

Also, just incase anyone wanted to see, here's the case build album. Fully complete with terrible cable management courtesy of the hospital's finest Transpore tape via my potato-camera.

Bit of an issue here. Received my M1 last week. It's been in bits for the past few days as I've been waiting for new parts. Built it today, and when I went to put the front plate back on I noticed a small scratch on the panel. It's only about 1mm-2mm long and is hardly noticable, but I'm a bit OCD and the fact that I know it's there is gonna drive me nuts. I'm not sure how it happened as the case has been handled exclusively with rubber gloves and the panels have been laid out face-up on soft tissue well away from coming in to contact with anything. Or so I thought.

So if anyone in Europe with a silver case who isn't quite as obsessive about these things as me (I recall that someone on here was going to stash his M1 away under the desk for example) wishes to exchange their silver front panel with me, I would be willing to pay them quite a bit of money through paypal for the swap. PM me if interested.

So should be quicker for me as I am on the east coast. Usually takes 3-4 days to get a package from the west.

For sure, but still probably at least 25 or more days, unless yours shipped earlier than the 7th and you live in NJ. If they are all going to NJ/NY for redistribution, then there will probably be some additional time in the redirection.

Wahaha are you planing to reship from the east coast, or are all of the packages addressed for their final destinations?

If they are going direct to their destinations from Taiwan, I wouldn't think mine would go past the Los Angeles port, down through the Panama canal, and all the way around the other side of the North American continent, just to be shipped back across the country. They can save two weeks and literally thousands of tons of fuel going through LA, but I don't know all the facts and considerations. Maybe I am misunderstanding the tracking system, or maybe the final destination of the ship is NJ with planned stops on the west coast. Can't wait until wahaha provides more details.

Last edited:
They could have saved two weeks and literally thousands of tons of fuel going through LA, but I don't know all the facts and considerations.

Pretty sure a large logistics operation like that won't be throwing away money for the sake of it. For example, it could be that 90% of the cargo on that boat is bound for the East coast, and so it's cheaper to move the rest by road/rail.

Guys, just to let you know, the black feet that was supposed to be shipped with the silver M1's are now available for purchase from the supplier (who supplied Lian Li).

http://www.focusattack.com/40mm-black-aluminum-anti-slip-joystick-case-feet-set-of-4/

http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server5...0mm_black_rest__40484.1334279405.1024.768.jpg

If anyone in the UK orders up a set of these and wants to sell the silver ones to recover some of the cost, let me know, i quite liked the look of the silverone's on a black case, and might be interested in taking them off your hands so i have the choice.

Nah, I'm not following their site so active anymore, because I already have my filters coming from them. :D Today they arrived in Finland, should have them tomorrow or the day after. But my filters are that "old" design so I will be having two separate filters on the side... And I ordered the same filters to the bottom...

Still waiting for last parts, tomorrow should should have most of them and I can start cutting cables. Still have to wait longer for new pump and some fittings. I'm so waiting to get this build done and get that old, big case off my feet. :D

ok, no worries, i saw something about them being re-designed, so hopefully someone will post when it's done, i have time to wait, i have not got the parts for my build or a definitive use for it yet, such as htpc or regular rig, and that'll determine what i put in it, although i am fairly sure it'll be a Xeon CPU

..., although i am fairly sure it'll be a Xeon CPU

Is there an itx MB that accepts a Xeon cpu?! I always thought that Xeon cpus are only usable on ATX or EATX motherboards.... Does this mean that you also have a MB in mind that supports more than 16 GB of RAM, and also fits the M1?

IIRC there are no mitx mobos that accept Xeons. You need something bigger like a workstation mobo or a server mobo I think.

Wow, mate. Thanks for that review. Its actually WORSE then I thought.

11ºC difference is like comparing a Full tower Heatsink with dual 140mm against a mid-tower heasink with single 90mm fan. Its like A LOT, since the top cpu blocks are always tied by 4ºC TOPS.

11ºC means that you will probably get the same performance with a heatsink... AND probably better. Heck I bet the H220 will beat the crap out of such block.

Wow, I REALLY didn't expected such crappy performance. I mean, its terrible, TERRIBLE. Specially if you take into consideration that a full-board block makes no sense... since there is nothing to cool on a Z77 / Z87 board, and its not that we don't have any airflow around.

If the Bitspower variant doesn't float your boat... happened to run across this:
900x900px-LL-23a00b38_EK-FB-ASUS-M6I_2_1200.jpeg

[source: http://www.overclock.net/t/993624/ek-club/700#post_21049559]

EK is making a FC WB for the Impact, and from the pictures, it at least appears to address some of your original concerns (specifically, that the inlet is directly over the CPU; can't actually see what the water channels are like underneath, and I can't quite wrap my head around the flow pattern to the outlet.

Later post indicates that they're getting ready to make them available for purchase, Thurs-Fri of this week [source: http://www.overclock.net/t/993624/ek-club/1100#post_21188308]

Xeons run on ITX Boards like Z87N from GB or other brands... As far as I know a b85 is enough to support Xeon CPUs

If the Bitspower variant doesn't float your boat... happened to run across this:

EK is making a FC WB for the Impact, and from the pictures, it at least appears to address some of your original concerns (specifically, that the inlet is directly over the CPU; can't actually see what the water channels are like underneath, and I can't quite wrap my head around the flow pattern to the outlet.

Later post indicates that they're getting ready to make them available for purchase, Thurs-Fri of this week [source: http://www.overclock.net/t/993624/ek-club/1100#post_21188308]

Hmh. Where u would fit that pump in M1?

My tracking info page show more than just "Acceptance: 30/Oct/2013 10:47". All other fields are blank. If all packages have shipped, shouldn't tracking info page show more than that?

Back