NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

Not that my opinion matters but I would also prefer no logo on the side. Would be best in front if the M1 is required.

I think the "ncase m1" on the serial plate would also look good in front, with the "m1" the same font size as the "ncase". Not symmetrical but I can't think of another place to put the m1.

I agree with the seemingly more popular votes: no M1 on the side and I don't mind you'd go for laser-engraving at all. Most cases don't have their product name on the case, just the company logo and I like it that way.

I actually don't care about "M1" as a case model, I care about "Ncase" as the dream and realisation.

I'm struggling to think of any good looking cases that have model number on them.

Ncase on the front, looks good. M1 on side doesn't look good. If you need it on the case at all then the back is fine.

I was planning on a gtx 780 in Ft03 mini but i like this much better! When can I buy it. Will it be sold in silver colour in the next few months? Please take my money!

I like all of the suggestions, big, small, solid, outlined, M1 on side and not, too high, too low, laser etched, silk screened, white, gray, etc... I can go without any of these details. I prefer laser etched for the black anodized aluminum since it will be bright white. I prefer laser etched with a thermal coating to make the silver black, but if that is not offered then that is okay too. I prefer the M1 removed and the NCASE logo on the front in any of the proposed placements and sizes. I like the model number on the license plate in the back, and prefer the 1 of XXX idea, but am happy with the serial number too.

What really matters to me the most is getting the production campaign started so that I can buy some cases. :)

I'm fine with whatever is decided upon though this popped into my head earlier today:

As for the "M1" what if you did it as a smaller superscript to the NCASE logo on the front? I think that might look kind of neat and it would work for subsequent models as long as they are 2-3 characters long. Then again maybe I just didn't have enough coffee this morning to think clearly. :eek:

As for the "M1" what if you did it as a smaller superscript to the NCASE logo on the front? I think that might look kind of neat and it would work for subsequent models as long as they are 2-3 characters long. Then again maybe I just didn't have enough coffee this morning to think clearly. :eek:

I had the same thought. I am glad that the laser etching will reduce the cost of silk screening though.

Regardless of what is decided on the small details, I can't wait to get this case. I will be happy no matter what!

I don't really mind whether you keep the M1 on the side (just not the outlined revision) I quite liked it but won't complain if others want it gone.

As for the NCASE logo I think it was nice like it was before, I want a bit of boldness :). However as long as you keep the typography and positioning of the logo the same I don't mind.

I think you need some identification on the case, be it the M1 on the side or the serial plate, it can't just be blank IMO. Also if you used the serial plate from the render on the first page won't you be able to take it off if you don't want it there, in which case I don't see a reason not to offer the plate with the case :)

I am more interested on how you would put a value on something that is a limited addition. Not like if it gets damaged on the way to the UK you can just order another one?

Also I am in UK so interested in knowing but you would only get your money back rather than another case I assume?

Good point, I was thinking the insurance company would just pay $200 and order a new one but the campaign would be finished :p.

It sounds like w360 has it sorted, hopefully ordering extras will avoid heartbreak, the extra work is greatly appreciated :D.

Just an idea, would it cost too much to insure the case for enough such that if it was damaged a new one could be ordered from Lian-Li?

edit: The value I'd put on a limited edition case would be enough to order a whole new one :D

If etched, my opinion is that the current M1 logo proposals are taking away the minimalistic design appeal. The front Ncase i have no problem with either way. I still prefer the logos in gray silk-screening, as it is more muted.

*edit* Forgot a very important word.

Last edited:
I say go with just the NCASE on the front, nothing on the sides. Look at most other cases, they only have the brand on the front, and generally the model number isnt listed at all.

I say go with the Laser engraving from Lian Li, as opposed to screen printing.

How many of these cases will make it into production? (I have priority for donating, but I just want to know)

necere, it seems like the general consensus is that putting "M1" on the side is a little weird and doesnt look as good as the logo on the front. why dont you just put "NCASE M1" on the front? seems like everyone should be happy with that and it wont break up the side panels like putting the model number on the sides would.

I think I read somewhere someone said that put the m1 in front of the serial. So once necere and w360 made their 6th version of the device, we would have a "M6 007"... I like what you're thinking, dude! Just kidding, guys.

Because it doesn't work on the front. Just no good way to do it.
So the consensus is pretty clear. Front logo only it is.

I'm sure having NCASE M1 on the front won't be a challenge for someone with your skills, after all you did design this case.

I liked the idea of the M1 as a super (or sub) script on the end of the NCASE
NCASEM1 type thing

I really like this suggestion allot Necere, seems like a very smart and discrete way of identifying the case and the model.

One of the reasons why I don't like the idea of having the sides with M1 comes to the cost. Instead of one engraving, you have 3, and if it's that laser engraving I'm sure it will add something substantial to the cost of the case.

But maybe you can have just the NCASE on the front and then have the M1 on that backplate that I also think is pointless. Kinda like a car. Brand on the front, model on the back, because lets face it, this case is by itself, quite the machine.

I'm strongly opposed to having M1 anywhere on the front. I just want the NCASE, nice and clean with no unnecessary clutter. It makes a lot more sense to me to put the M1 model number on the rear serial number plate rather than to try to incorporate it with the front NCASE brand logo.

I really like this suggestion allot Necere, seems like a very smart and discrete way of identifying the case and the model.

Different font, but you mean like this?

eh_zpse8f93a6f.png

I think just NCASE on the front.

Then if you do the serial number/numbering thing put M1-001, M1-002, and so on.

just signed up so that i could comment on this. was searching for something new for my upcoming haswell build. i've only read thru about 50 pgs, but this is so awesome. thanks to all the hard work and idea contributors! i can't wait to be able to get one!

I think just NCASE on the front.

Then if you do the serial number/numbering thing put M1-001, M1-002, and so on.

If we have to lose M1 off the side of the case, I like this idea also. It makes the serial number plate more unique.

I am against anything else on front. It looks spot on with just ncase. I have 5 others who I know feel the same as we all want one. One thing is that I am maybe needing to order 5/6.

Is this possible? No profit involved, just mates who always wants to have one.

I am against anything else on front. It looks spot on with just ncase. I have 5 others who I know feel the same as we all want one. One thing is that I am maybe needing to order 5/6.

You can order as many as you want. The only question would be when they would ship.

That brings a question to mind. If you contributed to the first campaign, how many cases can you order with your priority? Is it appropriate for someone with priority to order for all his friends who didn't contribute? Maybe there needs to be a limit of one for contributors of the first campaign, since that seems to be what was implied, and then additional orders go into the same pool as the non-contributors. Maybe order priority can then be purchased on non-contributor orders after the initial contributor orders are filled, and maybe contributors still have priority on their first priority order (second case). I don't want to be order number 2000, filled next year, just because 300 contributors order more than one case for each of their friends who didn't contribute and who haven't been paying attention to either campaign. I also don't want to be a contributor who loses his priority because another contributor allowed his friends to butt in the priority line.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
As far as I can tell Curly is not on the priority list but throughout the thread I have seen a few of those who are on the list expressing a desire to buy more than one(I.E 2-3). I can't recall seeing Wahaha360 or Necere say anything about a hard limit but I'm sure they have discussed it between themselves and its something I would expect to be revealed with the production campaign.

Last edited:
That brings a question to mind. If you contributed to the first campaign, how many cases can you order with your priority? Is it appropriate for someone with priority to order for all his friends who didn't contribute? Maybe there needs to be a limit of one for contributors of the first campaign, since that seems to be what was implied, and then additional orders go into the same pool as the non-contributors. Maybe order priority can then be purchased on non-contributor orders after the initial contributor orders are filled, and maybe contributors still have priority on their first priority order (second case). I don't want to be order number 2000, filled next year, just because 300 contributors order more than one case for each of their friends who didn't contribute and who haven't been paying attention to either campaign. I also don't want to be a contributor who loses his priority because another contributor allowed his friends to butt in the priority line.

Any thoughts?

There wont be any orders next year. Its one production run. If there is say 300(pick any number you want) then they make 300 and thats it. They crank out that many. No more. Now whether they all ship at once or in so many groups I'm not sure. Shouldn't take them long to make the entire order though once they turn on the machines.

There wont be any orders next year. Its one production run. If there is say 300(pick any number you want) then they make 300 and thats it. They crank out that many. No more. Now whether they all ship at once or in so many groups I'm not sure. Shouldn't take them long to make the entire order though once they turn on the machines.

Yes I know :). I was using exaggeration to make a point. I probably should have used a smiley. I agree that if the whole production run is completed in one batch and shipped in one container then no problem. I guess we need to know whether or not the production run will be delivered that way, and that probably depends on how large the production run becomes and what Lian Li's capacity and load is. Maybe they can crank out 5000 units a week.

I think the production run will also be limited by what Wahaha360 feels comfortable handling. If I remember correctly the original plan was for him to receive the production run units from Lian-Li and then he would redistribute them. That was many pages ago so it could have changed.

Lets do it. Just pre-ordered my son's Xbox one. Lets get this one going. Who cares if there is a sticker on the side. Peel it off if you don't like it; like I most likely will.

*wanting my case*

Just want to say you guys are rockin it! Love the campaign teasers, looking forward to go-live.

Back