NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

Now you don't have $29 to go. Wish you the best on the case and cannot wait to see some reviews of it.

The gestation period for the case will definitely be much shorter than 9 months, this much is for certain. :)

I'm very happy this project's first step was so successfull, it is a very good developed idea and it would be very deserving for this project to be a huge success ! If anything, the big case manufacturers should take note, because their lack of deep development research is why this project is so popular in the first place.

Fully funded with 26 days to go! You guys may have to come up with some stretch goals :)

Stretch goals:

Reach $5,000 -- special color anodized case available for contributors

Reach $10,000 -- special edition [H]ardOCP case

etc

etc

At this rate with all of 26 days left, it would be good to tack on a few more pre-production models for sending out to reviewers. I don't imagine they'll have a hard time getting the funds for 1 or 2 more units. Might even reduce the prototype unit cost just a bit.

I'm proud of this forum and Wahaha360 and Necre. It take a lot time, thought, energy and effort to get anything off the ground. Especially something as complex as bringing designing a product based on real feedback and going through the proper channels to bring it into reality.

It always seems to simple and straight forward on the surface until you're actually doing it. Then you really experience and understand the phrase "if it was easy, everybody would be doing it".

Good on these guys. And good on this forum and the other forums backing this up and supporting it.

Now, OP can haz Indiegogo link?

Well, I think if they make significantly more than $3k the stretch goals would go like, make a third prototype case in order to speed up testing more. Or perhaps start the process of getting the dies and jigs setup for the front I/O panel going now rather than later.

This is really awesome! I am thinking that by the time this case is out/available, Haswell will be out and that would be a really super great combo with a nice fast GPU (I will be using one of my 7970's). Depending on funds availablitity I would like to get a nice large Samsung 840 or Crucial M4 or something (500+GB ones) for O/S and games. One of them should suffice for most of what I want to do with this box, but I may end up getting two, or going with a 1TB 2.5" drive as well. I am stoked!

Necere PMed Kyle about posting the IGG link and we didn't get permission. It's ok - the rules must apply to everyone.

Thank you guys very much for your efforts and contributions.

For stretch goals, we will touch base with Lian Li first to figure out what is possible and get back to you guys.

Necere PMed Kyle about posting the IGG link and we didn't get permission. It's ok - the rules must apply to everyone.

Thank you guys very much for your efforts and contributions.

For stretch goals, we will touch base with Lian Li first to figure out what is possible and get back to you guys.

I say go all out, dont hold anything back becuz of cost, we will only regret it later :) This is prob the only chance we will get to do something like this..

Not sure if I want a mini-itx case but I think it is a rad project so I tossed in some coin. Good luck, and I hope you make a stellar case.

I'm not sure if this was asked, but what application did you render the images of the case in? I am assuming SW?

Last edited:
wow! five grand! necere/wahaha, care to comment on your plans now? with all this extra moolah, have your plans changed at all? maybe you can get like a nice run of 10 prototypes or something and send them out to various review sites to they can all comment and try whatever hardware they have on hand etc. you guys should be really proud of yourselves, youve obviously done a superb job here.

Beautiful case design. Love the watercooling option. Made a donation. Good luck and I look forward to seeing finished product and would definitely purchase one or two.

Wow... reached our goal and practically doubled it in the same day! That's insane. And awesome. The support from you guys has been pretty incredible, thank you all. And front paged here on [H] as well! Thanks Steve and Kyle.

This level of funding definitely opens the door up for some possibilities.

Congrats on hitting the goal guys!
So prototyping production starts now instead of the end of the campaign? :p

Congrats on hitting the goal guys!
So prototyping production starts now instead of the end of the campaign? :p

We have to confirm with Indiegogo and Paypal that we are authorized to receive and use funds before the end of our campaign (Mar 15th).

Lian Li isn't expecting our order until March, I hope they have capacity to start the prototype this month.

We have to confirm with Indiegogo and Paypal that we are authorized to receive and use funds before the end of our campaign (Mar 15th).

Lian Li isn't expecting our order until March, I hope they have capacity to start the prototype this month.

Maybe its better not to rush. If you think about it, the more money you get the more you can tinker with your prototypes AND get more exposure. More exposure will probably mean more cases sold... and more cases sold = less individual price.

Somebody said win/win/win? :D :D :D

Back