NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

Reckie

Weaksauce
Im looking to upgrade my old Haswell build (Rev1 M1) that used a Mini-DTX motherboard.
I would like to use something similar so that I still got access to a 1x16 and 1x1 Pci-E Slot.
It seems impossible to find such a size in a modern motherboard, anyone in here been able find one or even use one?

Ive found some Asrock B460M that is right at the height limit of 22.6cm but its probably way too wide with 18.8cm.

Is a current version of the M1 in any way wider inside, perhaps due to some rework?

Last edited:

raz-0

Supreme [H]ardness
ncase says mini-dtx is supported in the current revision. It does limit options for bottom fans, probably to the point of not supporting them depending on what you do with the slot. It won't support matx, which the B460M is.

Qrash

Gawd
Im looking to upgrade my old Haswell build (Rev1 M1) that used a Mini-DTX motherboard.
I would like to use something similar so that I still got access to a 1x16 and 1x1 Pci-E Slot.
It seems impossible to find such a size in a modern motherboard, anyone in here been able find one or even use one?

Ive found some Asrock B460M that is right at the height limit of 22.6cm but its probably way too wide with 18.8cm.

Is a current version of the M1 in any way wider inside, perhaps due to some rework?
I don't believe the changes made to the most recent revisions of the M1 allow a wider motherboard than earlier revisions. Improvements have been made in other areas, including graphics card size, but not motherboard width.

86 5.0L

Supreme [H]ardness

Asus has a x570 mini-dtx 6.7” wide but its PRICEY

Necere

2[H]4U

The PSU precludes any board over 172mm depth or so from fitting. In V6+ the SFX bracket can be mounted at the front, freeing up room for a board ~240mm deep.