NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

Discussion in 'Small Form Factor Systems' started by wahaha360, Sep 15, 2012.

1. phillai

phillai n00b

doug_7506 Not got a TG side panel but thank you and M1AF for the friendly advice!
    I'll give those tips a try over the weekend.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019 at 2:40 PM
  2. phillai

phillai n00b

Oh, I just realised doug_7506.
    I can't use that 240 AIO as I'm using the side bracket for the two 3.5" hard drives in my PC! :(

3. Benlehot

Benlehot n00b

Thank you for point that out guys.

The 3 fans on the CPU are driving air out.
    I have 1 intake (Noctua 120mmX25) on the side and 2 on the case bottom (Noctua 120mmX15) blowing air on the GPU.

I'm waiting to get the new Thermaright tower. I will probably keep my heatsink in this orientation till then. I have pretty good temp so far.

4. PotOdds

PotOdds n00b

Hi All,
    I'm looking to upgrade my 9 year old system. Been wanting to do a Ncase M1 build since it first came out. I'm not a gamer so not planning to add a water cooler. Looking for a single video card to drive 3 monitors. My current system uses a way outdated Nvidia 460 and 210 cards to drive 3 monitors. I'm just looking for a reasonable build for the next 5-10 years. Does anyone think getting a optical drive is worth it? My old machine has 2 which I haven't used in quite some time.

The other option is what I think many people are now moving towards. Using a laptop as primary and docking it when at home. I've pretty much moved all my main files to a Qnap NAS drive so my primary machine only needs a small SSD drive to house applications.

Also is there a simple way to move apps off a C drive to a new build? Haven't kept up with latest developments.
    Thanks,

5. vortaku

vortaku [H]Lite

when it comes to thermal tape for the heatsinks for the video card, does anyone have one to look at? I just want to make sure that I get the right one.

SmootyPoody likes this.
  6. phillai

phillai n00b

M1AF

I just checked the BIOS on my NCASE M1 PC and I had all my fan profiles (case fans and CPU fan) as silent!

M1AF likes this.
  7. phillai

phillai n00b

With the fan profiles bumped up, it's not crashed once yet whilst playing an FPS game!

I guess the silent fan profile was exactly that and not pushing that much air out!! LOOL

8. doug_7506

doug_7506 2[H]4U

I would pass on the optical drive. Get you a USB one and use that for everything.

I just tried getting a laptop with a Razer dock. This really depends on what your are going to do with the computer. If you need a gpu powering three monitors, then you need a dock with a gpu. I just don't think those are seems less enough yet to go that route. I much rather buy a cheap ultra portable and do a budget desktop. I will say that a surface pro and a dock is a very nice solution that works seemelessly. But I do not believe it supports three monitors.

9. Blindphleb

Blindphleb n00b

10. vortaku

vortaku [H]Lite

11. Blindphleb

Blindphleb n00b

It's hard for me to answer that. I am using the FE version of the GTX 1080, so it doesn't have temp sensors for memory or vrm. I just bought an EVGA heatsink with midplate to mod for my project. I have been gaming on the card just fine, so I don't think it matters much. I bet you could even run memory chips naked without much issue.