NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

Bawjaws

Limp Gawd
Yeah, I really enjoy tinkering, but I have zero free time to do it these days :( I'll hopefully be getting a new GPU at some point in the next few months, so that seems like as good a time as any to get the case opened up and start fiddling about with fans :)

rfarmer

[H]ard|Gawd
It will definitely take some time to reinstall the heat sink. Personally I really enjoyed tinkering when I have the time. I remember each tinkering session will take 1-2 hours for when I was air cooling (U9s / C14 & Accelero) in the M1, constantly changing heatsink orientation, fan directions, etc. When I went custom loop in the M1, it was 3-5 hours just to tinker with fan/loop configurations. It took so much time, yet soooo much fun. I’m back to dual 120 AIOs for simplicity sake, and to carry me through ongoing projects. Once my schedule opens up , I’ll go back to tinkering. :)

That is why I ended up switching over to air cooling. I really liked my loop and I really like tinkering, but that tear down every time was just getting old.

Nathan Spears

Weaksauce
Thought you guys might appreciate my build so I'm leaving it here:

Here's the build specs:
* Ncase M1 V5
* EVGA Z270 Stinger
* i7-7700k (delidded)
* 16 GB 3000Mhz Blue LED Vengeance RAM
* 512GB m.2 NVME SSD - Samsung SM951
* 1 TB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
* Corsair SF600 PSU
* All Noctua slim fans
* Nvidia GTX 1080 founders with EKWB copper (DVI removed - [PICS](https://imgur.com/a/FlsXm))
* EK-DDC pump with upgraded housing (for better heat dissipation supposedly)
* EK Evo Supremacy Acetal CPU block
* 92mm rad - unknown manufacturer since I bought it used (think it is Hardware Labs)
* 240mm slim rad from Hardware Labs
* 12mm OD Bitspower fittings - black sparkle
* Alphacool bulkhead fitting

Notes on the build:
* was able to keep both the front IO (USB 3.0 and mic and headphone jack)
* put in a drain port in the front using special Bitspower (T) and Alphacool (bulkhead) fittings
* the only cables not either sleeved or shortened were the USB 3.0, Audio IO, and Darkside LED splitter
* All Noctua fans were spray-painted to match color scheme
* GTX 1080 wouldn't fit with the DVI connector so I took it out. Photos can be found [Here](https://imgur.com/a/FlsXm)
* I originally had a 1080 TI, but I swapped it for a 1080 because I didn't like how hot my CPU was getting. Now temps on CPU are reaching mid 70s on load and GPU is at 60 at load.
* only thing not done by me was the custom window panel. Josh from NFC systems helped me with that.
I'm happy to answer any other questions.

Qrash

Gawd
Thought you guys might appreciate my build so I'm leaving it here:

Here's the build specs:
* Ncase M1 V5
* EVGA Z270 Stinger
* i7-7700k (delidded)
* 16 GB 3000Mhz Blue LED Vengeance RAM
* 512GB m.2 NVME SSD - Samsung SM951
* 1 TB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
* Corsair SF600 PSU
* All Noctua slim fans
* Nvidia GTX 1080 founders with EKWB copper (DVI removed - [PICS](https://imgur.com/a/FlsXm))
* EK-DDC pump with upgraded housing (for better heat dissipation supposedly)
* EK Evo Supremacy Acetal CPU block
* 92mm rad - unknown manufacturer since I bought it used (think it is Hardware Labs)
* 240mm slim rad from Hardware Labs
* 12mm OD Bitspower fittings - black sparkle
* Alphacool bulkhead fitting

Notes on the build:
* was able to keep both the front IO (USB 3.0 and mic and headphone jack)
* put in a drain port in the front using special Bitspower (T) and Alphacool (bulkhead) fittings
* the only cables not either sleeved or shortened were the USB 3.0, Audio IO, and Darkside LED splitter
* All Noctua fans were spray-painted to match color scheme
* GTX 1080 wouldn't fit with the DVI connector so I took it out. Photos can be found [Here](https://imgur.com/a/FlsXm)
* I originally had a 1080 TI, but I swapped it for a 1080 because I didn't like how hot my CPU was getting. Now temps on CPU are reaching mid 70s on load and GPU is at 60 at load.
* only thing not done by me was the custom window panel. Josh from NFC systems helped me with that.
I'm happy to answer any other questions.

That's a lot of plumbing in a small case! I don't think I've seen anyone else create a fill port in the front of the chassis. It makes perfect sense and is hidden behind the front cover panel.

Chapeau

Gawd
Yeah it's quite a good idea - being able to solidly anchor the tubing run at that far end. I'd probably feel safer filling the loop with the front panel protecting the innards from spills than through the top or bottom.

xfan10

n00b
Hi guys, I'm getting custom cables and have a few questions regarding the Corsair SF600 power supply. If anyone has experience with this, input would be greatly appreciated.

My Asus 370I has a 8pin EPS power connector for the CPU. The SF600 comes with a 4+4 cable. Since my Asus mobo uses 8 pin, can I just buy a 8pin EPS cable or do I still have to get another 4+4 EPS cable like the corsair originally came with?

a similar question for the GPU connectors. I am using a EVGA 1080 ti SC2 and it has 8pin and a 6pin power connector. The SF600 came with two 6+2 cables. So I am using one as a 6pin and the other combined as a 8pin. Can I just order a straight 6pin and a 8pin PCIe power cable or will a 6pin PCIe cable not work with the 8pin PCIe socket on the SF600?

Thanks in advance for any input!

Last edited:

rfarmer

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi guys, I'm getting custom cables and have a few questions regarding the Corsair SF600 power supply. If anyone has experience with this, input would be greatly appreciated.

My Asus 370I has a 8pin EPS power connector for the CPU. The SF600 comes with a 4+4 cable. Since my Asus mobo uses 8 pin, can I just buy a 8pin EPS cable or do I still have to get another 4+4 EPS cable like the corsair originally came with?

a similar question for the GPU connectors. I am using a EVGA 1080 ti SC2 and it has 8pin and a 6pin power connector. The SF600 came with two 6+2 cables. So I am using one as a 6pin and the other combined as a 8pin. Can I just order a straight 6pin and a 8pin PCIe power cable or will a 6pin PCIe cable not work with the 8pin PCIe socket on the SF600?

Thanks in advance for any input!

They do the split 4+4 EPS and 6+2 PCI for higher compatibility but you don't have to use them. You can use the 8 Pin EPS and the 8 and 6 pin PCI with no problem.

Maxed

Weaksauce
So I got a great deal on a z370i strix board but it has a broken usb 3.0 header, so I just ordered this as a work around. I will report back with my results as I haven't seen this cable being used online.

Last edited:

rfarmer

[H]ard|Gawd
So I got a great deal on a z370i strix board but their it has a broken usb 3.0 header, so I just ordered this as a work around. I will report back with my results as I haven't seen this cable being used online,

Nice that someone makes that cable and you won't lose your usb 3.0.

Flgator

n00b
Is there any plan to come out with a new version with usb type c included with the front panel? Quite a few mb manufacturers are including headers in the 270 and 370 versions of their mb’s. This is the only thing that is holding me up from purchasing one.

BaK2BaK

Weaksauce
Hi guys,

I was wondering if the M1 owners using the magnetic filter (on the bracket fans) are happy with it.
Is the mesh fine/small enough to stop the dust?
Does it add noise to your fans?

Necere

2[H]4U
Is there any plan to come out with a new version with usb type c included with the front panel? Quite a few mb manufacturers are including headers in the 270 and 370 versions of their mb’s. This is the only thing that is holding me up from purchasing one.
Just did a quick survey of Z270/Z370 ITX boards:

Board name : USB 3.1 Gen 2 front panel header?

ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac: No
ASRock Z370M-ITX/ac: No
Asus ROG Strix Z370-I Gaming: Yes
Gigabyte Z370N WIFI: No
MSI Z370I GAMING PRO CARBON AC: No

ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming-ITX/ac: No
ASRock Z270M-ITX/ac: No
Asus ROG STRIX Z270i GAMING: Yes
EVGA Z270 Stinger: No
Gigabyte GA-Z270N-Gaming 5: No
Gigabyte GA-Z270N-WIFI: No
MSI Z270I GAMING PRO CARBON AC: No

So it looks like it's still just Asus that's including the Gen 2 front panel header.

Last that w360 looked into it, the production for Gen 2 front panel cables was all booked up.

Smitty2k1

Gawd
Cross posting this from SFF Network: I just purchased a Morpheus 2, x2 Noctua 15mm fans, and some thermal compound. This Friday I'm tearing the stock blower cooler off my Vega and replacing with the Morpheus.

Still on the fence whether the Noctuas should push or pull air.

Is there a way to mount a res/pump unit like this without drilling holes through the front panel? If not, perhaps the next version of the M1 could come with those holes?

Bawjaws

Limp Gawd
Just did a quick survey of Z270/Z370 ITX boards:

<snip>

So it looks like it's still just Asus that's including the Gen 2 front panel header.

Last that w360 looked into it, the production for Gen 2 front panel cables was all booked up.
Given that hardly anyone is doing USB 3.1 Gen 2 headers, regardless of form factor, I think it's going to be while before we see 3.1 Gen 2 USB-C appearing on many cases of any size. I'm certainly in no rush to see them introduced to the M1. I have a couple of USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports (USB-A, not C) on my motherboard's back panel, and they're perfectly adequate, and loads of USB A to USB C cables and adapters, so I can live quite happily without front panel 3.1 Gen 2 USB-C.

One thing that does occur, though: do front panel USB-A ports exist that can be hooked up to the USB 3.1 Gen 2 header on the Asus boards? That would at least give USB 3.1 Gen 2 front panel functionality, and users could just use an A to C cable if required.

As an aside, I hate the USB naming convention. USB 3.1 Gen 2 is so clunky and I've got sick of typing it out just making this post. You can't just say "USB-C" instead, either, as USB-C is just the plug type rather than a speed standard. And don't get me started on motherboard manufacturers and their individual naming conventions - some refer to USB 3.1 when then mean USB 3.1 Gen 1, others use USB 3.0; some use USB 3.1 to mean USB 3.1 Gen 2. Then some mention USB-C when they mean USB 3.1 Gen 1 type-C, and finally some talk about USB-C when they mean USB 3.1 Gen 2 type-C. Such a terrible, terrible mess :)

Reactions: Jspr
like this

Nobu

Supreme [H]ardness
Given that hardly anyone is doing USB 3.1 Gen 2 headers, regardless of form factor, I think it's going to be while before we see 3.1 Gen 2 USB-C appearing on many cases of any size. I'm certainly in no rush to see them introduced to the M1. I have a couple of USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports (USB-A, not C) on my motherboard's back panel, and they're perfectly adequate, and loads of USB A to USB C cables and adapters, so I can live quite happily without front panel 3.1 Gen 2 USB-C.

One thing that does occur, though: do front panel USB-A ports exist that can be hooked up to the USB 3.1 Gen 2 header on the Asus boards? That would at least give USB 3.1 Gen 2 front panel functionality, and users could just use an A to C cable if required.

As an aside, I hate the USB naming convention. USB 3.1 Gen 2 is so clunky and I've got sick of typing it out just making this post. You can't just say "USB-C" instead, either, as USB-C is just the plug type rather than a speed standard. And don't get me started on motherboard manufacturers and their individual naming conventions - some refer to USB 3.1 when then mean USB 3.1 Gen 1, others use USB 3.0; some use USB 3.1 to mean USB 3.1 Gen 2. Then some mention USB-C when they mean USB 3.1 Gen 1 type-C, and finally some talk about USB-C when they mean USB 3.1 Gen 2 type-C. Such a terrible, terrible mess :)
How about USB31g2?

Guys, if I use SFX-L in the M1, can I plug and unplug connectors without taking out the graphics card or the PSU? I know it's very tight.

Chapeau

Gawd
Is there a way to mount a res/pump unit like this without drilling holes through the front panel? If not, perhaps the next version of the M1 could come with those holes?

You get get several commercially available pump mounts and just mount using 3M mounting tape. However, the weight of there res along with the pressure from the tubing would still make this fairly risky.

However, some reservoirs will come with mounting brackets. You could screw these into a plate and stick the plate to the backside of your PSU. This would require very little fabrication and would be fairly solid.
The weight of the pump res is mostly in the liquid side so this solution makes sense.

M1AF

Limp Gawd
Yeah, I have been checking almost every day for a black panel set with no odd slot and they all came into stock except the one I want reeee.
Any ETA on when that will be in stock?

Smitty2k1

Gawd
Out with the old blower, in with the new giant heatsink. Vega 56 with Morpheus 2 cooler. x2 Noctua 15mm on exhaust.

Last edited:

wenrro

n00b
Good night, and pleased to meet you all ^^

I've just received the ncase 3 days ago, but i need to order several parts for my build, and i'd like some advice:

Specs:

i7 8700k

Asus ROG Strix Z370 I Gaming

My "old" palit GTX 1060 6gb Dual (252mm x 112mm, no compatibility issue, right?) Will be replaced by an Nvidia Ampere card (2060/2070).

16gb ddr4 3200mhz corsair vengeance LP

CPU cooler: to be defined. Noctua NHD9L would be a good option for the 8700k?

PSU to be defined too: corsair sf600 or silverstone? I value a lot the ease to manage and bend cables.

I've looked over the data sheet on google drive, but i'm full of doubts. I'm afraid of the temps (and the the related noise of fans increasing rpms).

I love the case and i think i will enjoy more building than using it.

Thanks a lot! And pleased to meet you!

rfarmer

[H]ard|Gawd
Good night, and pleased to meet you all ^^

I've just received the ncase 3 days ago, but i need to order several parts for my build, and i'd like some advice:

Specs:

i7 8700k

Asus ROG Strix Z370 I Gaming

My "old" palit GTX 1060 6gb Dual (252mm x 112mm, no compatibility issue, right?) Will be replaced by an Nvidia Ampere card (2060/2070).

16gb ddr4 3200mhz corsair vengeance LP

CPU cooler: to be defined. Noctua NHD9L would be a good option for the 8700k?

PSU to be defined too: corsair sf600 or silverstone? I value a lot the ease to manage and bend cables.

I've looked over the data sheet on google drive, but i'm full of doubts. I'm afraid of the temps (and the the related noise of fans increasing rpms).

I love the case and i think i will enjoy more building than using it.

Thanks a lot! And pleased to meet you!

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your case. Your 1060 will fit just fine. The Corsair SF600 is a good PSU but unless you are getting custom cables I recommend the Silverstone, the Corsair ones are very stiff.

The 8700k is another matter, I highly recommend delidding your CPU. I have one and dropped 20C in temps. The Noctua NHD9L is a good cooler but could have trouble keeping a non dellided 8700k cool. I am using a Dark Rock TF which works well, but doesn't fit on all motherboards. Be Quiets website lists the Asus Z370 as non compatible. The Noctua is one of the best air coolers you can buy that fit in the Ncase.

wenrro

n00b
Welcome to the forum and enjoy your case. Your 1060 will fit just fine. The Corsair SF600 is a good PSU but unless you are getting custom cables I recommend the Silverstone, the Corsair ones are very stiff.

The 8700k is another matter, I highly recommend delidding your CPU. I have one and dropped 20C in temps. The Noctua NHD9L is a good cooler but could have trouble keeping a non dellided 8700k cool. I am using a Dark Rock TF which works well, but doesn't fit on all motherboards. Be Quiets website lists the Asus Z370 as non compatible. The Noctua is one of the best air coolers you can buy that fit in the Ncase.

Thanks for your response. :)

I was afraid of the temps problem with the 8700k and you confirmed it.

My common sense tells me that an 8700 should be a better option (65w tdp) but it's only 15€ cheaper... :\

I have a lot of respect about delidding an 380€ cpu... :\ The dark rock TF is huge, and i would like to go for something as big as the noctua D9L.

What temps would you think i could get with the 8700k and the D9L at gaming?

Thank you :)

rfarmer

[H]ard|Gawd
Thanks for your response. :)

I was afraid of the temps problem with the 8700k and you confirmed it.

My common sense tells me that an 8700 should be a better option (65w tdp) but it's only 15€ cheaper... :\

I have a lot of respect about delidding an 380€ cpu... :\ The dark rock TF is huge, and i would like to go for something as big as the noctua D9L.

What temps would you think i could get with the 8700k and the D9L at gaming?

Thank you :)

I think you can do it and be ok with the D9L, I wouldn't plan on any high overclocks. My guess would be max of 70C with a non dellided 8700k. If you do some prime95 stress testing I think you will see some scary numbers, possibly 90Cish but that is unrealistic of gaming temps.

wenrro

n00b
I think you can do it and be ok with the D9L, I wouldn't plan on any high overclocks. My guess would be max of 70C with a non dellided 8700k. If you do some prime95 stress testing I think you will see some scary numbers, possibly 90Cish but that is unrealistic of gaming temps.

Thanks for the quick response!

I used the search and read about the NH-U9S as a great cooler too. But is it better than the D9L?? D9L seems to have a bigger heatsink, doesn't it?

Thanks.

rfarmer

[H]ard|Gawd

I used the search and read about the NH-U9S as a great cooler too. But is it better than the D9L?? D9L seems to have a bigger heatsink, doesn't it?

Thanks.

Take a look at the first post on page 647, xfan10 got really good results using a NH-U9S. He has a non k 8700 but your temps shouldn't be far off.

klm

n00b
D9L seems to have a bigger heatsink, doesn't it?

I don't think so. The D9L is 428 g without fan, while the U9S is 524 g without fan, so there must be more metal in the U9S. Either way, if you look up tests, both perform very well and almost equal. There may be a 1 or 2 degree difference. Pick whichever you like beter. Personally I picked the U9S, and pointed the airflow towards the back of the case, where I put a second NF-A9 PWM fan to extract the hot air. This works quite well.

Bawjaws

Limp Gawd

Thanks.
By all accounts there isn't much difference between the U9S and the D9L, not more than a couple of degrees in it (and different reviews give different verdicts as to which is better). I have a U9S and I'm very happy with it, fwiw. I would recommend adding a second fan to either the U9S or D9L, though, because doing so will allow you to run a lot quieter for the same level of cooling, and that's important in the M1 as the vented panels don't do much to keep the noise in! You can either stick a second fan on the heatsink directly or you could put it on the back panel as klm says.

Smitty2k1

Gawd
Nice, how are the temps on that now?

Stock clocks, balanced profile: 75c on Furmark. Haven't tweaked fan profiles, but they are silent. Haven't undervolted yet, but it is in the plans. Haven't done too much monitoring during gaming yet. My main goal from this was to quiet everything down, which it has done tremendously. The Vega blower was so much louder than my GTX 780 blower. I'm also learning that my Silverstone SX650 PSU fan, despite being advertised as silent, has a harsh sound profile to it compared to my old Silverstone 450w with Noiseblocker fan mod. I'll probably be doing a fan mod on this unit as well. Maybe should have just stuck to the tried and true Corsair SF600.

What I like about this setup is that the bottom fans are set to exhaust, so they blow nice warm air all over my desk... good in the wintertime :)

rfarmer

[H]ard|Gawd
Stock clocks, balanced profile: 75c on Furmark. Haven't tweaked fan profiles, but they are silent. Haven't undervolted yet, but it is in the plans. Haven't done too much monitoring during gaming yet. My main goal from this was to quiet everything down, which it has done tremendously. The Vega blower was so much louder than my GTX 780 blower. I'm also learning that my Silverstone SX650 PSU fan, despite being advertised as silent, has a harsh sound profile to it compared to my old Silverstone 450w with Noiseblocker fan mod. I'll probably be doing a fan mod on this unit as well. Maybe should have just stuck to the tried and true Corsair SF600.

What I like about this setup is that the bottom fans are set to exhaust, so they blow nice warm air all over my desk... good in the wintertime :)

Sounds like it is working well, glad it is much quieter. Exhaust seems to work best with that setup, get all that hot exhaust out of the case rather than blowing it up to the CPU.

wenrro

n00b
Take a look at the first post on page 647, xfan10 got really good results using a NH-U9S. He has a non k 8700 but your temps shouldn't be far off.

yes, i've already read it before, that´s where i thought that the U9S could be a good option too. ^^

I don't think so. The D9L is 428 g without fan, while the U9S is 524 g without fan, so there must be more metal in the U9S. Either way, if you look up tests, both perform very well and almost equal. There may be a 1 or 2 degree difference. Pick whichever you like beter. Personally I picked the U9S, and pointed the airflow towards the back of the case, where I put a second NF-A9 PWM fan to extract the hot air. This works quite well.

Thank you for that fact, i thing i'll go for the U9S then.

By all accounts there isn't much difference between the U9S and the D9L, not more than a couple of degrees in it (and different reviews give different verdicts as to which is better). I have a U9S and I'm very happy with it, fwiw. I would recommend adding a second fan to either the U9S or D9L, though, because doing so will allow you to run a lot quieter for the same level of cooling, and that's important in the M1 as the vented panels don't do much to keep the noise in! You can either stick a second fan on the heatsink directly or you could put it on the back panel as klm says.

Thank you for your response. I will buy another fan for that purpose too. What model would you recommend?

Thinking about fans, i'd like to purchase 2 additional fans... what do you think about ml120 pro from corsair or maybe nb e-loop?

And about the storage config, i was thinking in using:

samsung evo256gb

2x crucial bx300 240gb in raid

toshiba 3.5 hdd 3tb.

Is it possible to use these 4 drives at the same time? For what i learnt from the web, it looked like the max number of drives in any combination was 3.

Thanks a lot! Great forum with great people! :)

rfarmer

[H]ard|Gawd
yes, i've already read it before, that´s where i thought that the U9S could be a good option too. ^^
And about the storage config, i was thinking in using:

samsung evo256gb

2x crucial bx300 240gb in raid

toshiba 3.5 hdd 3tb.

Is it possible to use these 4 drives at the same time? For what i learnt from the web, it looked like the max number of drives in any combination was 3.

Thanks a lot! Great forum with great people! :)

You can mount up to 4 2.5 SSDs, using the stacking brackets on each side of the front frame. I am guessing the Samsung is a M.2? If not you can do the SSDs with no problem. You have 2 options with the 3.5 drive, you can use the hard drive bracket on the side mount or mount it to the bottom. This is going to limit additional fans you can use. If you mount it to the bottom you have room for a 92mm fan below your GPU, if mounted to the side bracket you can't add an additional 120mm fan. Both have advantages and disadvantages. The side mounted 120mm helps cool the motherboard and feed cool air to the CPU, 2X120mm bottom mounted fans helps cool the GPU. With you having a 8700k I think I would go with the drive mounted on the bottom, 1060 is a cool running GPU and should be ok.

wenrro

n00b
You can mount up to 4 2.5 SSDs, using the stacking brackets on each side of the front frame. I am guessing the Samsung is a M.2? If not you can do the SSDs with no problem. You have 2 options with the 3.5 drive, you can use the hard drive bracket on the side mount or mount it to the bottom. This is going to limit additional fans you can use. If you mount it to the bottom you have room for a 92mm fan below your GPU, if mounted to the side bracket you can't add an additional 120mm fan. Both have advantages and disadvantages. The side mounted 120mm helps cool the motherboard and feed cool air to the CPU, 2X120mm bottom mounted fans helps cool the GPU. With you having a 8700k I think I would go with the drive mounted on the bottom, 1060 is a cool running GPU and should be ok.

No, all the ssds are 2.5". No M2. Samsung evo 850 - 250gb.

So... i could put the 3 ssds (samsung as system drive, crucials as storage for games in raid 0 mode) and the hdd as general purpose storage, couldn't i?

In that case, if i put the hdd on the bottom, and another 92mm fan in the bottom too, will 2 additional fans fit on the side panel, or only 1 could fit (because of the nh-U9S) ? If only one would fit, then i should go for an additional 120mm fan for the side panel, and another 120mm in the rear panel.

Thanks a lot for your time and patience.

rfarmer

[H]ard|Gawd
No, all the ssds are 2.5". No M2. Samsung evo 850 - 250gb.

So... i could put the 3 ssds (samsung as system drive, crucials as storage for games in raid 0 mode) and the hdd as general purpose storage, couldn't i?

In that case, if i put the hdd on the bottom, and another 92mm fan in the bottom too, will 2 additional fans fit on the side panel, or only 1 could fit (because of the nh-U9S) ? If only one would fit, then i should go for an additional 120mm fan for the side panel, and another 120mm in the rear panel.

Thanks a lot for your time and patience.

Yes you can mount all 3 of the SSDs.

That is how I have 2 mounted in front, you can do the same thing on the back side of the frame. One thing to note, if your PSU has right angle SATA power connectors it is impossible to use them with the drives stacked like this. I am using this adapter from NZXT.

Yes with the NH-U9S you can only use one 120mm fan on the side bracket, this is all you need. The rear fan mount is 92mm. Most using the NH-U9S mount a 92mm fan there for exhaust.

wenrro

n00b
Yes you can mount all 3 of the SSDs.

That is how I have 2 mounted in front, you can do the same thing on the back side of the frame. One thing to note, if your PSU has right angle SATA power connectors it is impossible to use them with the drives stacked like this. I am using this adapter from NZXT.

Yes with the NH-U9S you can only use one 120mm fan on the side bracket, this is all you need. The rear fan mount is 92mm. Most using the NH-U9S mount a 92mm fan there for exhaust.

thanks.

well, i've finally ordered the sf600, 8700K, the noctua NH-U9S and the asus rog z370 itx.

I suppose i will have to do something with the ssds issue and the sata power connectors.

:)