NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

29xchom.jpg

Received it yesterday. I already love it !

I still have to wait until next week on GTX 980 waterblock to start serious things...

Sweet setup. Question for you: have you noticed any "click" noises from your 34UM95? I got the 34UM94 via Massdrop, basically the same monitor and it's driving me nuts.

Some jerk stole my N1 off my front porch. I've emailed support@ncase about it. Mega bummed about it, knowing how long it could be before another run is made.

you gotta be kiddin', right? I'd be furious :mad:
postal service left it on your porch?! damn, contact them asap!

you gotta be kiddin', right? I'd be furious :mad:
postal service left it on your porch?! damn, contact them asap!

They're supposed to leave it. No signature required. Luckily there are extras available. If you can prove it was stolen, which would be extremely difficult, maybe wahaha can figure something out for you with the shipping insurance. Best of luck.

Mine is cleared from customs now, so i expect it tomorrow. Really exited:D

Some jerk stole my N1 off my front porch. I've emailed support@ncase about it. Mega bummed about it, knowing how long it could be before another run is made.

I feel for you man.
They actually leave packages on your doorstep? I can't imagine any scenario where that is a good idea.

Theft sucks. :mad: UPS leaves packages. USPS leaves packages too. If you expect something valuable you can ask USPS to hold it at their office for pick up. At least they used to do it. Been a long time since I did that. As for theft... Ncase wouldn't be liable for that. That is a USPS issue. Without insurance though I dont see a free replacement or reimbursement coming unfortunately.

If someone is stealing your packages I would strongly suggest getting a camera set up because they will most likely do it again.

Theft sucks. :mad: UPS leaves packages. USPS leaves packages too. If you expect something valuable you can ask USPS to hold it at their office for pick up. At least they used to do it. Been a long time since I did that. As for theft... Ncase wouldn't be liable for that. That is a USPS issue. Without insurance though I dont see a free replacement or reimbursement coming unfortunately.

If someone is stealing your packages I would strongly suggest getting a camera set up because they will most likely do it again.

They're supposed to leave it. No signature required. Luckily there are extras available. If you can prove it was stolen, which would be extremely difficult, maybe wahaha can figure something out for you with the shipping insurance. Best of luck.

WHAAAATTT?!?!?!

In here, they better have the signature of somebody related to you (neighbor, family...) or it counts as if nothing was delivered, and they stole the package for themselves.

Which is why things get hardly stolen, regarding courier services.

Jeeez, I feel for you mate :(

WHAAAATTT?!?!?!

In here, they better have the signature of somebody related to you (neighbor, family...) or it counts as if nothing was delivered, and they stole the package for themselves.

This.

Atleast here (=Finland) the packet must be left to you or depending of the service used, your family. If youre arent at home for the few times they try to leave it, then youll have to go get it from post/courier office and remember to take ID with you.

I am really surprised leaving post packages in front of someones door is normal.

Really sorry to hear about it. Ive once left unique limited edition book to train and it was ofcourse gone for good, but atleast i can blame only myself :/

Atleast here (=Finland) the packet must be left to you or depending of the service used, your family. If youre arent at home for the few times they try to leave it, then youll have to go get it from post/courier office and remember to take ID with you.

I am really surprised leaving post packages in front of someones door is normal.

For me, at least, living in many different places in the US, it is completely normal for a courier to just leave delivered packages in front of doors in a rural or even suburban neighborhood, without ever speaking to anyone from the household. Presumably the rate at which those packages are stolen is so low that the cost of it is less than the inconvenience (and traffic to the shipping depot) that a "must-be-there-to-receive" rule would require. In the city, it's much less common, but not unheard of, at least in Boston. I've had books and other things just left on the sidewalk in front of my apartment building, and never has a package been taken. But maybe I'm just lucky.

Of course, sometimes vendors mandate that a signature be collected, for particularly expensive items such as electronics or jewelry, but even then a customer can elect to pre-sign (though that waives all liability for the courier).

Anyway, I have updated the FAQ on the thread and added a few more questions, but I'm almost certainly forgetting to update something, or otherwise add something, so everyone is welcome to tell me what else to do and I will update accordingly. Apologies again for dropping of the face of the earth for a while - there was not much internet where I was :roll eyes:

...Lastly: Not that I can say anything that everyone else hasn't said about their cases, but, my god, it's beautiful. There is the excitement and satisfaction with the aesthetic and design that I had when only seeing the case in renders and pictures... But finally being able to touch it and disassemble it in person was just epic. I've easily worked with dozens of different cases ever since I started repairing/tinkering with/building systems, but this is the first that feels genuinely modern.

so I got my W/C loop up

However I am getting some poor CPU temps.... GPU temps are great though and pretty much silent at load unlike the reference fan which is like a jet engine

I'm at 1.15v @ 4.2Ghz 3770k on load I get about 68-70C with prime95. I already delid

I'm currently running a ST30.. should I switch it out for like a swiftech MCR220? What other options do I have? I have already "shook" the case around to relive any bubbles in the block/pump..

I am sorry if this has been asked. But how big specifically wide can the 240mm radiator be? Only wide enough for a corsair H100i with 2 fans / H100i with 4 fans in push pull / Corsair H105 (same 38mm thickness had H80i) with 2 fans / H105 with 4 fans in push pull??

Basically of those 4 possible setups what is the max this case can support? I'd like to atleast be able to fit the thinner H100i with 4 fans in push pull but if thats too much I guess the H105 with just 2 fans If only the H100i with 2 fans fits ill be kinda sad and pretty happy if i can fit the H105 with 4 fans in push pull

Current build setup:
Ncase M1 v2 - OWN
Asus maximus VII Z97 - 230
Core i7-4790k - 340
2x8GB 2400Mhz CL10 G Skill - 175
MSI gaming GTX 980 Twin Frozr V - 550
600 watt Silverstone SFX 80+ gold modular + short flat cable set - 170
Panasonic U272 BD-RE + BDXL / DVD-RW / CD-RW 9.5mm Slot load - 110
240mm Corsair CLC with 120mm noctua SSO2 fans - 160 (assuming H105 + 2 noctua fans)
Gelid GC Extreme TIM - 13
92mm Noctua SSO2 exhaust fan - 22
512GB samsumg xp941 pci-e gen 2 x4 m2 ssd - 500

Total 2270

Just not sure the final amount till I figure out the thickness of radiator + fans I can have. Also the SSD drive will end up being more than 500. The 512GB xp941 is just a temporary measure until the 1TB sm951 drive comes out rly need 1TB of space since it's my only drive and the pci-e gen 3 x4 interface doesn't hurt either. This drive should break some records nvme + pci-e gen 3 x4 can't ask for more. Price will probably be 700-800. I know I could find a buyer for the xp941 at a high price no problem as it's not a common drive oem only and it fill a niche that is heavily underserved.But may keep it for future htpc build.

Anyways thanks for the input on the radiator thickness, I can wrap this build up then.

Last edited:
so I got my W/C loop up

However I am getting some poor CPU temps.... GPU temps are great though and pretty much silent at load unlike the reference fan which is like a jet engine

I'm at 1.15v @ 4.2Ghz 3770k on load I get about 68-70C with prime95. I already delid

I'm currently running a ST30.. should I switch it out for like a swiftech MCR220? What other options do I have? I have already "shook" the case around to relive any bubbles in the block/pump..
Your GPU and CPU are in the same loop, correct ? The GPU has about twice the power consumption of the CPU so if the GPU is cooled properly and they are in the same loop, what does that tell you ? That you need to look at the CPU block, not the radiator.

I am sorry if this has been asked. But how big specifically wide can the 240mm radiator be? Only wide enough for a corsair H100i with 2 fans / H100i with 4 fans in push pull / Corsair H105 (same 38mm thickness had H80i) with 2 fans / H105 with 4 fans in push pull??
You'd have better results from a 55-60mm thick rad with two good fans in push configuration then a 30-35mm thick rad with four fans in push-pull configuration.

If it's just the CPU that you are cooling, even an overclocked one, a single H105 will cool an overclocked, fully loaded CPU without a problem.

Agree with Phuncz. This temperature is not unusual if the GPU is also loaded.

If it's not loaded, then there might be an issue. How are idle temperatures? What speed are you running the pump?

Agree with Phuncz. This temperature is not unusual if the GPU is also loaded.

If it's not loaded, then there might be an issue. How are idle temperatures? What speed are you running the pump?

Loaded as in on load? If so no the gpu is only on 2D clocks, only prime95 running

Idle is acceptable I think, around 30ish

Loaded as in on load? If so no the gpu is only on 2D clocks, only prime95 running

That sounds wrong then. I have an i7-3770K that in the past I also ran at 4.2GHz with a single AX120 rad, then it was more like 62-66C with also a 170W GPU loaded.

What about pump speed, fan speed, etc?

anyone have pics of a 7990 installed? Seriously considering moving my main rig into my m1 but I think the 7990 is a half inch too long....

7990 is a Devil 13, not a reference 7990

anyone have pics of a 7990 installed? Seriously considering moving my main rig into my m1 but I think the 7990 is a half inch too long....

7990 is a Devil 13, not a reference 7990

Probably more like 1.5 inches too long.

It's a 3 slots card, which means in the M1 that it bumps into the power/audio/usb at the front...

That sounds wrong then. I have an i7-3770K that in the past I also ran at 4.2GHz with a single AX120 rad, then it was more like 62-66C with also a 170W GPU loaded.

What about pump speed, fan speed, etc?

My pump is on molex so full 4500

Fans are at 1400rpm, ap121s

Edit: not sure if it matters, but 7970 is oced to the max @1175/1575 with dual monitors so it's running at full memory clocks

Res is topped off all the way to the top with distilled and killcoil

Last edited:
Probably more like 1.5 inches too long.

It's a 3 slots card, which means in the M1 that it bumps into the power/audio/usb at the front...

It's water cooled so the massive heatsink/fan won't be an issue....guess the only way to fidn out is to try it....

Has anyone else made any builds using the EK-SBAY DDC 3.2 PWM (with pump)?

I'm debating between this and the apogee drive II + m1 res

Last edited:
It's water cooled so the massive heatsink/fan won't be an issue....guess the only way to fidn out is to try it....

if you already have the card and the case, why not just take a measuring tape to it?

How many people are still at the "Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS " stage on USPS tracking? Just wanting to get an idea of how many people are at the same stage as me.

How many people are still at the "Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS " stage on USPS tracking? Just wanting to get an idea of how many people are at the same stage as me.
me

Currently using my behemoth BitFenix Prodigy temporarily. But I'm not doing the waterloop yet with the H220 until the NCase gets here, cause I don't want to remove the cooler after attached. Stock cooler for the Pentium AE isn't too bad. Its max temp under load was 54° C.

My pump is on molex so full 4500

Fans are at 1400rpm, ap121s

That's definitely high for a delidded 3770K. Did you use CLU under the IHS?

me

Have you contacted W360? From what I read in the thread, all cases were sent out over the same weekend. They shouldn't take so long from NY to other of the 48 mainland states?

There were a few posts back a couple pages about some of us not getting any tracking updates after that. Some folks said to wait since the tracking didn't update for them until the package was most of the way there. I have waited and there has been no tracking update. My extra top arrived Friday 9/26, and was checked into NJ post office on 9/24. Case has yet to show up on tracking at all. Top looks nice though.

I just got an update! I suppose to should have checked my emails earlier. My shipment updated to being out for delivery about 3 hrs ago.

I live in San Antonio, TX and mine is out for delivery today. Two days before USPS' estimated delivery. Hopefully this will give the rest of you guys a clue as to how long it might take for your packages to get to you!

Did it go from nothing to out for delivery? NJ doesn't even show my case as accepted for delivery. No estimated date or anything. Just shows that the mailing label was printed and a tracking number for that label.

That's definitely high for a delidded 3770K. Did you use CLU under the IHS?

Have you contacted W360? From what I read in the thread, all cases were sent out over the same weekend. They shouldn't take so long from NY to other of the 48 mainland states?

I'm getting my pump/waterblock rmad

No I used noctua paste, should I use clu?

My shipping finally updated today. Went from arrived at NJ facility to arrived at Jacksonville, FL today. USPS is not making any sense....they aren't scanning items correctly, then the first place they send it is 8 hours south of me....NJ to Northeast Alabama shouldn't be this complicated. Hopefully the Oct 1st delivery estimate is at least a worst case date.

I missed the delivery guy by 10 minutes coming home from work today, so now i have to wait for a notification to arrive by post to go pick it up. Really on the fence on wether to go for SFX 600W or SFX-L 500W though, so it's not like I'll be building in it anytime soon.

Its amazing to me that it can reach Norway before it reaches Alabama going from NJ.

At least yours showed up as arrived in NJ. Mine hasn't even done that. Iowa sure isn't very difficult either. Normally stuff gets from NJ to IA in a day or 2, of course that doesn't make any difference if NJ doesn't even say they have anything to ship. I'm going to wait until the 1st like the first post says and see what is going on.

I finally received mine. I am in awe on how pretty it is in person. All the other itx cases dont even come close to it when it comes to aesthetics and finish.

I was hoping some of the GTX 970 cards would ship with the nvidia reference blower, but it looks like I am gonna have to settle with one of the open air cooler cards. What kind of thermals am I to expect with those? And would two bottom fan be required to move air across the case? I will be usiing a Scyth Kabuto 2 heatsink.

No I used noctua paste, should I use clu?

Absolutely yes. Traditional emulsion paste between die and IHS is no better than what Intel uses. The big temp advantage from delidding comes from using liquid metal, which is closer to the solder that Intel should have used. I would suggest to read the Delid Club Guide thread on OCN, but it's two thousand pages long now and very hard to find the important tests and comparisons in between the random discussion.

Important to note that while CLU is great under the IHS (nickel to glass), that you shouldn't put CLU under the Apogee Drive II, it gets absorbed into the copper and can harden.

I was hoping some of the GTX 970 cards would ship with the nvidia reference blower, but it looks like I am gonna have to settle with one of the open air cooler cards. What kind of thermals am I to expect with those? And would two bottom fan be required to move air across the case? I will be usiing a Scyth Kabuto 2 heatsink.

There will be reference 970s coming soon from EVGA, but it's not a hot card anyway, so cards with axial fans should be fine.

I just got a Corsair H75 to use with my NCase. Haven't purchased new thermal paste though because I remember people telling me that the Shin Etsu stuff that's pre-applied on the Corsair liquid cooling kits is pretty good.

That still the case?

Expected Delivery Day: Friday, October 3, 2014

Why did Ncase use USPS again? UPS or FedEx for the Steambox PLEASE.

Seriously with the amount you guys ship, you'd get a better rate, then you can offer 3 day shipping in the US for a fee. This is just SAD.

Last edited:
Back