NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

Also a question for Phuncz. Did you do any overclocking? If so how much?
None at the moment. CPU is stock and GPU also.
I'm planning on maybe overclocking the GPU if the Arctic Accelero Hybrid proves worthy and I'm also contemplating the CPU but at a later stage.

what is up with the dispatch to germany? all countries were supplied at once or not yet. but germany: ONE case delivered, the rest is still in taiwan and not even dispatched, while the rest of europe already got their cases? some messing up by the postal office?

Rest of Europe get their cases? Think again, look at your friendly neighbours the Dutch ;) (... and French) Have some patience!

Imagine, there is a boat leaving for Germany. Taiwan post office reserves X containers. They fill those up with parcels and letters. If there is space left at the end for one package, it will go in the container.

Loupi was lucky, that's all :)

I'm going to call Taiwan Postal Office tonight to get a shipping update and I will definitely ask about Germany.

Germany is particularly complicated for exports, I hope the delay problem is not with customs.

Just got the tracking number for CA, not on the early shipper list.

Edit: Tracking number works in USPS, the last update was 7 Nov where it got processed through Sort Facility (Taiwan). I hope it got more updates that hasn't shown up yet.

Just got the tracking number for CA, not on the early shipper list.

Edit: Tracking number works in USPS, the last update was 7 Nov where it got processed through Sort Facility (Taiwan). I hope it got more updates that hasn't shown up yet.

Congratz ! I'm up north in Oregon and have not received a tracking # :( I hope it comes soon.

Got my tracking number for Ontario! Looks like ill be waiting on the new MSI "gaming" board info and not the case.

I'm going to call Taiwan Postal Office tonight to get a shipping update and I will definitely ask about Germany.

Germany is particularly complicated for exports, I hope the delay problem is not with customs.

Thanks, thats a great service you're doing us there. And i have to admit, Wisk is right, Netherlands and France should be mentioned too.

Hey all.

I have a choice of the following all-in-one 240mm coolers:

Enermax ELC240
Corsair Hydro H110
Silverstone Tundra TD02
Antec Kuhler H2O-1250
Antec Kuhler H2O-1220
Corsair Hydro H100
NZXT Kraken X60

I assume the H100 and the H2O-1220 are superseded by the other two newer models but out of the rest, is there anything between them that would help me make the choice?

Thanks.

I have a tracking number in Nevada, early ship list 2!
I'll call home and see if it actually arrived.

Demcifilters arrived today to me: http://imgur.com/fNIurUT
They are that old design and I bet the new design will be even better. I'm still fully pleased with these separate 120mm filters. Hopefully they get those filters to their site soon so everybody can enjoy them, they are so easy to clean.

Do you have a link to any info on this board?

Info is sparse at the moment, people assume it'll include a Killer NIC and better onboard audio. I'm hoping it's a good lower-cost alternative to the Impact, I'm a MSI fan and would prefer to support them over Asus. The current MSI offering doesn't have enough "umph" for me.

Info is sparse at the moment, people assume it'll include a Killer NIC and better onboard audio. I'm hoping it's a good lower-cost alternative to the Impact, I'm a MSI fan and would prefer to support them over Asus.

Sweet thanks, I did find this thread on Linustechtips. If this fits a H220/Apogee II, I will probably go with this over the Impact.

edit:
It looks like the the Apogee II will fit if the board is anything similar to this.
953897.jpg

1459806_650353261653174_444612127_n.jpg

Last edited:
IL here, early ship list 1?

Mine was accepted and processed on Oct 30/31, no other updates since then. How many days did it take for the people that go theirs?

Anyone using the hydro coolers? Seems like its all air coolers or the Swiftech 220.

I'm planning on doing the Swiftech H220 + a hydro cooler (evga gtx780). The blower reference is probably loud, and I don't want the ACX version dumping heat into the case.

After horror+hell to get the case out of customs I finaly have it with me. Number 0037. A true piece of art!

Now, the only problem is that there is no way I will be able to get everything I want inside it. it's so small!!!!

luckily I happen to have a jacksaw and hammer at home for this kind of jobs...

Ah, will most likely wait for MSI to announce their ITX board before getting the Impact then.
No information as to when that'll be?

Hey all.

Enermax ELC240
Corsair Hydro H110
Silverstone Tundra TD02
Antec Kuhler H2O-1250
Antec Kuhler H2O-1220
Corsair Hydro H100
NZXT Kraken X60

I assume the H100 and the H2O-1220 are superseded by the other two newer models but out of the rest, is there anything between them that would help me make the choice?

Thanks.

The H100 is superseded by the H100i. The H100i is 2x120 and includes an internal Mobo usb connection for Ilink fan manager. the H110 uses a different supplier (Acetek for the 110 and Cootit for the 100 I think), doesn't have ilink, and I believe is 2x140. The H110 also has a slightly thicker radiator. But not thicker to the extent that it would cause problems in a case as small as the NCase.

Does anyone here have a Noctua U9B SE2 in their M1 yet? I wanted to mount it horizontally so I could use the 92mm exhaust and I'm not sure it fit's in the M1.

Thanks in advance! :D

Enermax ELC240
Corsair Hydro H110
Silverstone Tundra TD02
Antec Kuhler H2O-1250
Antec Kuhler H2O-1220
Corsair Hydro H100
NZXT Kraken X60

H110 and X60 are 140mm wide and won't fit in the 120mm bracket of the NCase.

TD02 is >70mm deep, not sure if that will interfere with the PSU.

I have the ASRock Z87E-ITX board and couldn't really decide on a CPU Cooler. With so many options out there, it is hard to know what will work in the NCase M1, so I built a model of the Zalman CNPS8900 Quiet CPU Cooler to go with the Asrock Z87E ITX board.

According to my calculations, it BARELY fits.

You can read Tom's Hardware review of this CPU Cooler here.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is a 10mm clearance from the motherboard to the top of the case?

the CPU cooler is 60mm tall, so should be plenty of room for those interested in Air cooling.

Back