NCAA 2008

Arkanian

[H]ard|Gawd
So NCAA is about to be released here at Midnight. Should I buy the Xbox 360 version or should I buy the PS3 version? I have both systems so I don't want any arguments here on which system is better. All I want to know is which version should I get.

As far as i know the 360 version will run at 60fps and PS3 at 30fps, other than that it come down to which controller you like more and if you want to play multiplayer (if you have xbox live that could be considered as an advantage)

I say wait for ign or some other places reviews and see which is better...

Honestly, you won't notice much difference between 30fps and 60fps when it's constant like it is with consoles.

My decisive factor would be what system my friends are getting it for so we could play online.

OMFG.....All the Walmart's around me(3) have only the PS2 or 360 version in...no PS3 version. I am pissed, I do have it fully paid pre-order from gamestop tomorrow so hopefully it will be in. I was just going to buy it tonight then change my preorder to another game, but looks like I made a good decision lol as everybody will be rushing the gamestop tomorrow. We had like 6 people in line here to get it at midnight.

And the FPS is BS. Like voodoo child said. Plus doesn't the eye only see like 22fps or something like that? I may be completely off with that though. 0_o

umm you can definitely tell 30fps vs. 60fps...on 360, play ncaa 07 then play ncaa 08 and its way smoother

Is it 30fps in 1080p...or 720p/1080i?
I've played the 360's demo and everything looks a little blurry to me. It's like a lesser the haze effect from God of War 1.

OMFG.....All the Walmart's around me(3) have only the PS2 or 360 version in...no PS3 version. I am pissed, I do have it fully paid pre-order from gamestop tomorrow so hopefully it will be in. I was just going to buy it tonight then change my preorder to another game, but looks like I made a good decision lol as everybody will be rushing the gamestop tomorrow. We had like 6 people in line here to get it at midnight.

And the FPS is BS. Like voodoo child said. Plus doesn't the eye only see like 22fps or something like that? I may be completely off with that though. 0_o

Meh Gamestop, Circuit City and $10 gift card

umm you can definitely tell 30fps vs. 60fps...on 360, play ncaa 07 then play ncaa 08 and its way smoother

That doesn't have to do with them just increasing fps(it does come into the equation though)...But for instance if you decrease even one poly on a model then it should technically move smoother even if they are both at 30fps.

Is it 30fps in 1080p...or 720p/1080i?
I've played the 360's demo and everything looks a little blurry to me. It's like a lesser the haze effect from God of War 1.

The game only ships in 720p. No 1080p support. (At least on the Ps3 version, I am sure on the 360 version as well.)

Anyways, I've been playing the game all day today. And gameplay wise the game really hasn't changed much. The dynasty mode is better though. And the Campus Legend mode is a little better. And of course the little visuals are better here and there, but not too much.

I really don't think they spent much effort into the PS3 version. That's a disappointment. Probably should of got it for my 360. This is obviously not the PS3' s hardware fault, but EA Sports just not putting enough emphasis on trying to use the capabilities of the PS3 that is seen on other games.

i dont think this weather channel thing works...i set it to use it all day and everytime its 75 and partly cloudy

That doesn't have to do with them just increasing fps(it does come into the equation though)...But for instance if you decrease even one poly on a model then it should technically move smoother even if they are both at 30fps.

The game only ships in 720p. No 1080p support. (At least on the Ps3 version, I am sure on the 360 version as well.)

Anyways, I've been playing the game all day today. And gameplay wise the game really hasn't changed much. The dynasty mode is better though. And the Campus Legend mode is a little better. And of course the little visuals are better here and there, but not too much.

I really don't think they spent much effort into the PS3 version. That's a disappointment. Probably should of got it for my 360. This is obviously not the PS3' s hardware fault, but EA Sports just not putting enough emphasis on trying to use the capabilities of the PS3 that is seen on other games.
The problem is that developers are making the game for the 360 and then trying to port over to the PS3 and it isn't working very well. production costs would skyrocket if they did it the right way...which would mean separate development teams for 360 and PS3. What they did last gen (develop for PS2 and port to Xbox) doesn't work as well for this generation because the way the hardware works is so different.

The problem is that developers are making the game for the 360 and then trying to port over to the PS3 and it isn't working very well. production costs would skyrocket if they did it the right way...which would mean separate development teams for 360 and PS3. What they did last gen (develop for PS2 and port to Xbox) doesn't work as well for this generation because the way the hardware works is so different.

I agree. I hope next year they will write some of the game files to the hard drive so that the loading is quicker. :rolleyes:

In a way I'd just like to see them just start over and I don't even care if the graphics are any better. It's inexcusable for them to make pro and college football games that make the Arena league seem like a defensive struggle.
If I see one more show with professional gamers passing every play I think I'm going to scream. Even the guys who try to run the ball and who are more than capable seem to lose when matched against guys who can score in 3 plays every time. For some reason defenders can't intercept anything to save their life, but you can make an all pro fumble the ball several times per game.
Their whole system is just flawed and has been for the last 3 generations.

I agree...I usually run the ball 95% of the time but if I am against a passing person its real hard...you will fumble the ball 2 or 3 times during the game but intercept MAYBE once... Plus passing the ball is still almost 100% accurate if you know how and The completion percentage is crazy....

:-/ All the 360 games are sold out in my area. None of the PS3 or PS2 are however....I guess that is sort of indicative of how PS3 is losing the battle currently.

Could anyone do me a huge favor and let me know which of the Mid-American Conference school actually have the real design for their stadiums?

ie
Toledo, Ball State, Eastern/Western/Central Michigan?

I own 07 and the only reason I would spend 60 more bucks is if I could actually play some of the stadiums I actually go to see my team play in, and the generic stadium stuff in 07 was lame (but I understand why they did it)

I'm kinda baffled by the ign reviews of the 360 and ps3 versions. I intend to do some further investigations when I get home from work though. I wouldn't be so quick to jump on the review bandwagon though, I only use them as guidelines. In something like this I'd go with the system you feel more comfortable playing on, as I can guarantee the difference in the reviews is not true to each game on each system. I say this because in the brief overview of the reviews they stated 30fps under gameplay.

Back