NBA2K6 360 issues

kenham40

Gawd
First off, let me start by saying I love the 360, everything works great. Something weird has been happening with NBA2K6 however. I played 6 games and it worked fine. Now EVERY time I load it up and it gets to the introductions, it says the person's first name and then just stops. The 360 console isn't locked up because I can hit the X on the controller and go back to the dashboard and NO other games are doing this, they all work great. I have cleaned the disc, I can replicate it EVERY time. This is a rented game from Hollywood Video. I suppose I could request the same game from my gamefly service to see if it's the game itself. Anyone else have any suggestions?

I haven't played it.

I would do like you said and try out the a different disc of the same game.

kenham40 said:
First off, let me start by saying I love the 360, everything works great. Something weird has been happening with NBA2K6 however. I played 6 games and it worked fine. Now EVERY time I load it up and it gets to the introductions, it says the person's first name and then just stops. The 360 console isn't locked up because I can hit the X on the controller and go back to the dashboard and NO other games are doing this, they all work great. I have cleaned the disc, I can replicate it EVERY time. This is a rented game from Hollywood Video. I suppose I could request the same game from my gamefly service to see if it's the game itself. Anyone else have any suggestions?

Yea sounds like a disc problem. Id rent another.

Definitely something wrong with the disc. Call up the place you rented it from and tell them it's giving you problems.

I also rented the game, and it seems very suceptible to dirt, fingerprints, and other stuff that can get on a disk. My kids are always cleaning it to get it to work right.

Back