NBA 2K21 (Epic Store 05/20- 05/27)

This is part of their sale so it most likely will be a rather decent title(s) for the duration.

Unless they just go full microtransaction and offer FIFA2k21 next

Why is the game getting poor reviews? Microtransactions?
Pretty much. All the major sports titles these days are microtransaction city, and are cranked out so fast yearly that they buggy messes as well. Not to mention in-game ads.

Why is the game getting poor reviews? Microtransactions?
Just like every sports/fighting game they are full of predatory micro transactions. They pushed a bunch of anti consumer crap afterwards like the unskippable ads and shit. Very shady buissnes practices. I don't get why people buy this garbage every year. They have no issues put these games out for dirt cheap or free not long after the release because they make most the money off the mt.

i still grabbed it, free fiddy is my favorite price. couldnt find anything to use the coupon on though, so i grabbed the south park games for $25.

Tim Kitzrow?
No, the fact that the same $50 I spent on my Super Nintendo version still works fine almost two decades later. I play that and NFL2k1 on my Dreamcast for football. Honestly, peak sports games really was late 90's early 00's. They've just been adding more and more BS to the games since then.

They would get less hate if they just make the game officially free to install. Seeing as it isn't F2P even once you have paid them at the door.

These game companies need some major flops to learn. Imagine if you went to a movie and their where TV ads every 10m.... or you paid a couple hundred on tickets to a sports game but got a seat peep show style where you had to keep feeding quarters in your seat to keep your view. Or where once you where seated they passed around a hat like it was church before the star players would take the court/field/ice.

I unlocked it cause if it costs them anything on their books to have me own the game and pay them nothing fine. But ya sports games are unplayable these days.

In that case I would be pissed off if I had paid for the game and micro transactions and ads got added later. But for free? Different situation.

It is good that this is a higher profile game, but the reason this is free for being such a new game is because of the nonsense microtransactoins. I hate sports so I won't be getting this even for free. But for those that do like it, at least the price is right (free, as it should be).

Oh no! A random 30 second ad during a load screen of a free game! The horror!

Thanks OP! I'll take it!

do all sports games on PC have microtransactions- even the Madden NFL games?

Can't remember any sports game in recent years that doesn't have some form of micro transactions.

Usually they're cosmetics and or the legendary old school players you can play as though. Nothing too extreme. Haven't play the 2k series in a few years, curious to see how bad these micro transactions really are, or not.

Either way, free is free.

Back