Navy Drone Looks And Swims Like A Shark

HardOCP News

[H] News
You'd think that people would notice a shark way faster than they would anything else in the water. I know I would. :eek:

The US Navy might just have a stealthier option with its experimental GhostSwimmer drone, which recently finished tests. The five-foot-long robot looks and swims much like a shark, letting it spy on enemies (or inspect friendly ships) without being conspicuous -- as long as curious foes don't get too close, anyway.

BillR

Born Again Cynic
Someone in the Navy has been watching way too much James Bond

Jagger100

Supreme [H]ardness
More like a whale, serrated fins and all. How big is the final version going to be?

B00nie

[H]F Junkie
A hydrophone will probably detect this 'shark' miles away. I don't think they can make it sound like a real shark.

chenw

2[H]4U
Coming up next: 100 foot long squids and dolphins that shout their way to ship wrecks

grilledcheese

[H]ard|Gawd
Maybe im uniformed but why are RC vehicles called Drone's? I hear drone, i think it can do stuff on it's own?

Jagger100

Supreme [H]ardness
Maybe im uniformed but why are RC vehicles called Drone's? I hear drone, i think it can do stuff on it's own?
When did the requirement that a drone be autonomouse come in? Most of the military drone aircraft for weapons development target practice were remotely flown.

Drone = unmanned.

raz-0

Supreme [H]ardness
Hmm my reaction was that it looks more like a scale model of a submarine rammed itself up the backside of a scale model of a humpback whale. Other than the tailfin that is.

Kowan

Supreme [H]ardness
Those cannery ships are in for a surprise when they pull one up in their net...