Naughty Dog Apologizes For Stealing Assassin's Creed Artwork

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you are going to steal art assets from another game for your new trailer, you should probably make sure the pilfered artwork isn't from an Assassin's Creed game. No big deal, someone is probably fired and Naughty Dog has apologized already.

In our eagerness to get the story trailer out we made a regrettable mistake and didn’t thoroughly vet the art work used for an in game painting. We’ve already updated the trailer. We hold all artistry in high regard and take full responsibility for having allowed this to happen. We want to sincerely apologize to everyone at Ubisoft, the Assassin’s Creed team, the original artist, and our fans.

if Naughty Dog was going to steal assets from another game I never would have picked them to steal from Ubisoft :troll:

I would have put a little card in the corner of the painting "Assasin's Creed" and called it good. Flattery can get you out of anything.

Lol. Funny thing is that a lot of artwork in games are stock photos. The Division icon logo (the bird) is a stock icon or based on ine. I saw if a long time ago on GraphicRiver.

Read about this earlier, apparently they had a similar snafu with the Boston Subway map in The Last of Us. The map is a copyrighted work, and they apologized to the owner/creator for using it (and possibly compensated him some).

If you payed X amount of dollars for Divinity Original Sin 2 you could get your own photo in the game hanging on a wall.

Back